Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

The Boston Red Sox will formally celebrate their 2018 World

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 11.04.2019 04:10
von zhangzk • 144 Beiträge

Series victory with their fans in a parade that begins at Fenway Park on Wednesday.After 86 years of misery Brad Boxberger Jersey , Red Sox fans have been spoiled with four world championships since 2004. Their victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers this year was nearly a sweep, with the National League champs needing 18 innings in Game 3 to earn their lone win of the series.With 119 combined victories between the regular season and playoffs, the 2018 Red Sox had the second-most wins in MLB history of any team that won a World Series. Only the 1998 New York Yankees (125) were better.Per Kevin Slane of Boston.com, the parade will start 11 a.m. ET Wednesday at Fenway Park and end onStaniford Street near the Government Center. Red Sox Parade Viewing ScheduleDate: Wednesday, Oct. 31Network: MLB NetworkStreaming: MLB.com PredictionsHarry How/Getty ImagesIf someone had told you coming into this MLB season that David Price would end up being the biggest fan favorite during a Red Sox World Series parade, they would have been laughed out of the room.At this time last year, Price seemed like someone the Red Sox were stuck with but really had no fit with the organization. He was getting into heated arguments with the Boston media and told Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globehe wouldn't be talking to the media on days he wasn't pitching."I don't talk to the media every day like I did last year and I guess I get blown up for that," Price told Shaughnessy in June 2017. "But I was honest with everything they asked me last year, and I get blown up for that. So they did this to themselves. Talk to me on the day I pitch and that's it. There are no more personal interviews. There are no more asking me questions on a personal level. That's done."Just 12 months later, Price became one of the biggest playoff heroes in Boston sports history:MLB Stat of the Day MLBStatoftheDayWhat a turnaround for DAVIDprice24. ir0AKgPU4YPrice tossed a combined 13 innings with six hits allowed and one earned run with 14 strikeouts in series-clinching wins over the Houston Astros and Dodgers.Given Price's standing with Sox fans when 2018 started and compared to where it is now Daniel Descalso Jersey , don't be surprised to see him receive the loudest ovation from the crowd if he stands up to speak.Every World Series winner also has the one player who becomes a cult icon for the rest of time. Boston fans have two they can pick from: Nathan Eovaldi and Steve Pearce. Both players were with the team for less than half of the season, but they left an indelible mark.Pearce has the extra hardware on his mantle after winning the World Series MVP award thanks to hitting three homers in the final two games against Los Angeles.FOX Sports: MLB MLBONFOXMiiiiight be time to get those M-V-P chants going.Steve Pearce goes yard AGAIN! g4p96eK2EDEovaldi, who was tentatively set to start Game 4, tossed six innings out of the bullpen in Game 3's 18-inning marathon. The right-hander took a hard-luck loss after giving up Max Muncy's walk-off homer, but all of his teammates showered his performance with praise."Effortwise, I don't know, World Series, that was one of the best performances probably in the history of the World Series," Red Sox manager Alex Cora told reporters about Eovaldi after Game 3. "I told him how proud I was of him. The effort was amazing...probably one of the best, if not the best Ketel Marte Jersey , game I've ever been a part of. The effort from both sides. What Nate did tonight, that was amazing. That was amazing."It was an impressive outing on its own, but it looks even more incredible if you factor in that Eovaldi pitched one inning in each of the first two games against the Dodgers. He also recorded four outs in Game 5 against the Astros two days after giving up two runs in a six-inning outing.Both players will be beloved figures in Boston for the rest of their lives, but if you are picking one who will inspire a more rousing round of applause, Pearce gets the slight edge because of his family's connection to the franchise.Per WEEI's Rob Bradford, Pearce spent some of his formative years at the Red Sox's spring training facility watching the team after his family moved to Florida in 1996."I was out there getting all the foul balls," Pearce said. "I would bring them on the bus. I went over to Winter Haven all the time. I used to have so many autographs but then we ended up playing with the balls."MLB history will always remember star players like Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts, J.D. Martinez, Andrew Benintendi and Chris Sale.But the once-unheralded studs like Pearce and Eovaldi took this Red Sox team from a dominant regular-season group to a World Series title. The starting pitchers for the 2018 All-Star Game were announced Monday and the battle should have fans salivating.For the second straight year http://www.diamondbacksfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-greinke-jersey , Boston Red Sox star Chris Sale will represent the American League while Max Scherzer of the Washington Nationals takes the ball for the National League, according to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports.Scherzer will get a chance to pitch in front of his home fans in Tuesday's game, which will take place at Nationals Park.Jayson Stark of the Athletic noted the rarity of the pitcher's accomplishment:Jayson Stark jaysonstMax Scherzer, your NL starter, will be the first reigning Cy Young to start an ASG in his home park. Pretty cool feat.The three-time Cy Young award winner also started the All-Star Game last season, although he had a lot of competition for the honor this time around. New York Mets starter Jacob deGrom leads all pitchers with a 1.68 ERA while Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Aaron Nola is a top candidate with his 12-3 record.Still, Scherzer is plenty deserving while finishing the first half of the year with a 12-5 record, 2.41 ERA and a league-leading 182 strikeouts.Meanwhile, Sale also enters rare territory as the AL starter for the third straight season:MLB Stat of the Day MLBStatoftheDayChris Sale is the first pitcher to start the #AllStarGame for three straight seasons since Robin Roberts (1953-55). 4QzEtD9ysRThe Red Sox lefty leads the majors with 188 strikeouts and his 2.23 ERA is the best in the American League.Justin Verlander has also had an outstanding season for the Houston Astros but he pitched Sunday and the other top options simply haven't matched what Sale has done in 2018.

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen