Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

CLEVELAND -- Corey Kluber stayed stone-faced, maintaining the same stoic look in the clubhouse that he had for nine innings on t

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 13.03.2019 06:44
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- Corey Kluber stayed stone-faced, maintaining the same stoic look in the clubhouse that he had for nine innings on the mound. Cheap NBA Jerseys . Only when prodded by an Indians teammate did Kluber crack. "Did you smile after the game?" pitcher Justin Masterson yelled to Kluber. "I did," he said. "Only when I saw you." Kluber had everyone in Clevelands clubhouse smiling after he struck out a career-high 11 and pitched a four-hitter for his first complete game, leading the Indians to a 5-1 win over the Royals on Thursday. Kluber (2-2) didnt walk a batter, and his rare outing allowed Cleveland manager Terry Francona to give some needed rest to his bullpen. "That was really fun to watch," Francona said. "He had everything working. His fastball was going both ways, change-up, location. He worked ahead and he threw a ton of strikes. That was really impressive." Kluber is the first Cleveland pitcher to throw a complete game while recording 11 strikeouts, no walks or earned runs since Len Barkers perfect game in 1981. "It was nice," said Kluber, who couldnt remember the last time he pitched nine innings. "I really wasnt trying to make a bigger deal out of it than going out there and getting three more outs. Maybe thats why it worked out." David Murphy and Asdrubal Cabrera drove in two runs apiece in the Indians five-run fifth off Bruce Chen (1-2), who controlled Clevelands lineup for four innings. The Indians have won four of five to get back to .500. The Royals scored an unearned run off Kluber in the seventh when Omar Infante singled and scored when Indians first baseman Nick Swisher made a half-hearted attempt at Mike Moustakas grounder, which got by him for an error and rolled all the way into the right-field corner. Other than that, Kansas Citys hitters were unable to do much against Kluber, whose previous long outing was 8 2-3 innings last July against the White Sox. Hes 3-0 in four career starts against the Royals. "He put it to us," said Alex Gordon, who went 0-for-4 and struck out to the end the game. "Give him credit. You look at our offence today and say we stunk. Thats how it was." Chen coasted through four innings, dominating the Indians with a mix of off-speed pitches before they touched him for five runs and chased him in the fifth. The left-hander retired 11 straight before Carlos Santana led off with a double, snapping an 0-for-16 slide with just his third hit in 48 at-bats. Michael Brantley followed with a single to centre for his team-leading 19th RBI, giving Cleveland a 1-0 lead. The Indians didnt stop there as Murphy slapped a two-run single to left, and Cabrera made it 5-0 with his double down the left-field line to end Chens outing. The 28-year-old Kluber doesnt come across as fiery, but Francona said his low-key demeanour is deceiving. "Hes not the loudest guy in the clubhouse, but theres a fire there, man," Francona said. "He competes. He wants to be really good. He goes at it the right way. For a kid that doesnt have a ton of time in the major leagues, hes a good pro." Kansas City managed just one hit off Kluber in the first four innings, and then the Royals ran their way out of a scoring chance in the fifth when Alcides Escobar hesitated rounding second on Jarrod Dysons base hit, and Brantley threw him out from centre. The Royals turned a nifty double play to end the first. With a Cabrera at third, first baseman Eric Hosmer fielded Jason Kipnis hard grounder, stepped on first and threw home. Catcher Brett Hayes made a sweeping tag on Cabrera, who was called out. Crew chief Bill Miller called for a review to see if Hayes had blocked the plate, but the call was confirmed. NOTES: Kluber threw 101 pitches, 75 for strikes. ... Klubers complete game was the first for the Indians since Justin Mastersons on June 30 last season. ... The Indians and Cincinnati Reds entered the day as the only teams yet to play in an extra-inning game this season. ... The Indians will open a three-game interleague series in San Francisco on Friday. ... Brantley is 11 for 22 in his career against Chen. Nikola Jokic Jersey . According the CSNBayArea.com, the 31-year-old suffered an ACL injury in his right knee on Friday when he collided with Anaheims Emerson Etem during a pre-season game. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys . -- C.J. Cron hit an RBI single on the first pitch he saw in the major leagues, doubled his second time up and hit a tiebreaking RBI single in the sixth inning to lead the Los Angeles Angels to a 5-3 victory over the Texas Rangers on Saturday night. http://www.cheapnuggetsjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-devin-harris-jersey . They say things like "stress is when you dont know what youre doing" and "I wasnt hired to motivate players, I was hired to coach motivated players." They ring as true now as they did when Mularkey heard them the first time playing tight end for the Pittsburgh Steelers Hall of Fame coach 25 years ago.Burnley goalkeeper Tom Heaton admits he is hoping to be a part of Roy Hodgsons England squad for Euro 2016. Heaton was called up by Hodgson for recent internationals against Germany and the Netherlands following Joe Harts calf injury.The Man City goalkeeper has since returned to fitness but Jack Butlands fractured ankle, suffered against Germany, leaves Heaton in line to be Englands third choice at the tournament behind Hart and Fraser Forster. Tom Heaton (left) is put through his paces at England training But the Burnley keeper insists he still has no expectations over his place in the squad.I was sad for Jack and it was not a good injury, Heaton said on the Sky Sports FL72 Podcast. But having spoken to him since, Im sure he will be fine moving forward.I dont look at it too much myself because its out of my control. All I can do is focus on playing every week and what will be, will be. Its down to the manager, then. FL72 Podcast FL72 Podcast - Tom Heaton and Conor Hourihane Its been fantastic to be in and around the England team. Ive enjoyed every minute of it and Ive got aspirations to stay in there and kick on. Whatever the role, Ill be willing to do it.In the Championship, all I can do is put in the best performances I can, and Ive managed to stay involved which has been great.Burnley face Leeds United at Turf Moor on Saturday lunchtime, live on Sky Sports 1 HD, and have the opportunity to extend their one-point lead at the top of the Championship table.Second-place Middlesbrough play at 3pm on Saturday while third-place Brighton face Nottingham Forest on Monday, but Heaton insists Burnley are taking things step-by-step. Jamal Murray Jersey. Were trying to look at it one game at a time and the next game for us is Leeds at home on Saturday so well be looking to put three points on the board, he added.Were in a fantastic position heading into the final six games and were all enjoying the challenge.They are all good sides up there in the Championship, but we dont pay it too much attention. We focus on ourselves and what we have to do. We have Middlesbrough in the next few weeks, and well look at that when it comes around.The manager enforces a one-game-at-a-time mentality. Burnley were denied a goal against Brighton last Saturday Burnley were denied a goal against Brighton last Saturday Burnley were controversially denied a goal during their 2-2 draw against promotion rivals Brighton last weekend when Michael Keanes header was not given, despite replays clearly showing the ball had crossed the line.And Heaton believes goal-line technology is the next logical step for the Championship.I think its about progression and it will come in, he continued. Having had it in the Premier League its important, especially when you consider whats riding on games these days.It seems to work well in the Premier League, and it gives the referee a clear indication of the ball crossing the line. It stops the debate, and theres no delay in the game. It seems the natural progression. Also See: Burnley up for March award Dyche not concerned by draw Dyche calls for goal-line tech ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen