Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

nother year in training. Though she is catalogued for the Keeneland November breeding stock sale, co-owner Sol Kumin said Monday

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 12.03.2019 12:06
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

ELMONT, N.Y. -- For most of the year, trainer Chad Brown has been too busy moving forward to take time to look back. But as interest increased in Lady Elis remarkable return to Grade 1 form after her battle with life-threatening laminitis, Brown has begun thinking about where his filly is and where shes been.At this time last year, Lady Eli was on a farm in Kentucky getting some paddock time while on the upswing from laminitis. The illness arose after she stepped on a nail while walking back to her barn following a victory in the Grade 1 Belmont Oaks on July 4, 2015.On Saturday, she will be one of the favorites to win the Breeders Cup Filly and Mare Turf against some of the best turf runners in the world.Its been hard to stop and really comprehend how remarkable it is that shes come back from laminitis to this level -- which is extremely rare -- because we just keep moving forward with her, Brown said Sunday at Belmont Park. I have thought a lot about it this week. It was just a big deal to graduate her to standing in ice, and the first time we walked her down the shed row, that was amazing.Brown said he recently found a video of Lady Eli he took for her owners on the first day she went to the track at Palm Meadows last winter.I started looking through them this week as they asked me for information, Brown said, referring to NBC Sports, which is scheduled to air a feature on Lady Eli during its Breeders Cup broadcast. I finally did sit down and say, Wow, I just cant believe where shes at now and where she was. Shes just a remarkable horse.Lady Eli, who has won seven of eight career starts, reminded Brown just how good she is with a stellar five-furlong workout Sunday. Though the time of 1:03.17 wont wow anybody, the manner in which it was done was impressive. Irad Ortiz Jr., her regular jockey who has worked her the past several weeks, said Sundays move reminded him of Lady Eli pre-laminitis.For me, since shes come back, today is the day she looked the closest to what she was before, Ortiz said. Im very happy that she worked like that.Ortiz said that in some of her previous workouts, when Lady Eli would approach the wire, she would be getting in, turning her head. Today, she was strong, and she just kept going after the wire and did everything right.Added Brown: As good as Ive seen her breeze maybe ever. She was very, very strong this morning and throughout her work and came back as though she hadnt even worked. Shes an amazing horse. That work was outstanding.Lady Eli was scheduled to have a walk day Monday and then ship to Southern California on Tuesday for the Breeders Cup. It was two years ago that Lady Eli first flashed her brilliance on the big stage, winning the Juvenile Fillies Turf at Santa Anita.It will be the biggest race of her career, Brown said. Im excited for our team, the owners, and Im really excited for her that shes going to have her moment and go back to Santa Anita because she earned it.Lady Eli may also have earned another year in training. Though she is cataloged for the Keeneland November breeding stock sale, co-owner Sol Kumin said Monday that if healthy, theres a good chance Lady Eli will be withdrawn and would race next year. Kumin said he, co-owner Jay Hanley and Brown will discuss it.If shes healthy, my guess is shell run again next year, Kumin said.Lady Eli may also have earned another year in training. Though she is catalogued for the Keeneland November breeding stock sale, co-owner Sol Kumin said Monday that, if healthy, theres a good chance Lady Eli will be withdrawn and would race next year. Kumin said he, co-owner Jay Hanley, and Brown will discuss it.If shes healthy, my guess is shell run again next year, Kumin said.Brown also will send out Sea Calisi, the Beverly D. Stakes winner, who finished second to Lady Eli in the Flower Bowl. She worked in company with Lady Eli as the two were together throughout the move.She got a lot out of that race, and she should move forward, Brown said. Cheap Warriors Jerseys .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. Golden State Warriors Jerseys . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Moore-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187. http://www.cheapwarriorsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=cheap-demarcus-cousins-jersey . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. Wholesale Warriors Jerseys China . Team physician Dr. Steve Traina performed the surgery Friday. Robinson was injured in a spill underneath the Nuggets basket during the first quarter of Wednesday nights loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. Authentic Warriors Jerseys China .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. ATLANTA -- The Washington Wizards will try to ensure the Atlanta Hawks Dwight Howard Era gets off to a rocky start when they meet in the season opener on Thursday.Howard was the biggest offseason acquisition for the Hawks, who hope to return to the Eastern Conference finals and beyond. Atlanta signed the 6-foot-11 center to a three-year, $70 million deal in the offseason after incumbent center Al Horford took less money to sign with the Boston Celtics.Atlanta went 48-34 last season, finished fourth in the Eastern Conference and was swept by Cleveland in the conference semifinals. Washington went 41-41 to finish 10th in the East and missed the playoffs.The Hawks are hopeful that the 30-year-old Howard, a native of Atlanta, can revive his career. He averaged 17.8 points, 12.7 rebounds and 2.1 blocks over his 12-year career, but slipped to 13.7 points for the Rockets last season.Playing at home, where people have great expectations for what is supposed to happen here, sometimes it can get a little nerve-racking, Howard said. For me, I just try not to think about it. I just try to approach it as though its any other game. But I know this city. They have their hopes real high on us and on me.Its a new start for Washington, too. The Wizards fired coach Randy Wittman and hired Scott Brooks, who spent six seasons at Oklahoma City and took the Thunder to the NBA finals in 2011-12.The Wizards are led by guard John Wall, who averaged 19.9 points and 10.2 assists last season, and Bradley Beal, who averaged 117.dddddddddddd4 points while dealing with hip and leg issues that limited him to 55 games. Beal showed he was fully recovered in the preseason, when he effectively distributed the ball and had very few turnovers.Us as players are coming in with a mindset of whatever we have to do, getting it done, Wall said. Its an all-new beginning for all of us, so we want to get off to a good start with a new coaching staff and new group of players we have on the team.Washington is also expected to start Otto Porter, Markieff Morris and Marcin Gortat. The Wizards are hopeful that Morris can become the 3-point shooting threat the team has been missing.The Wizards also expect to see second-year player Kelly Oubre Jr. take big strides forward and be a key player off the bench. He should play more than he did a year ago, when he averaged 11 minutes.The Hawks had their starting five on the court at the same time in their final two preseason games. Atlanta will start Howard, forwards Paul Millsap and Kyle Korver and guards Dennis Schroder and Kent Bazemore.Schroder will be the starter at point guard after veteran Jeff Teague was traded to Indiana. Malcolm Delaney will be the backup at point.The Wizards play their first two games on the road, going to Memphis on Sunday, before playing at home on Wednesday against Toronto. The Hawks travel to Philadelphia for a game on Saturday afternoon. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen