Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

alks fell through, New York soon turned its attention to Cespedes.Look, it was an extraordinary turnaround last year. All we can

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 12.03.2019 12:05
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Andy Murray is not too comfortable at the thought of being called Sir Andy just yet.The 29-year-old has been tipped for a New Year knighthood after crowning a stunning 2016 by beating Novak Djokovic in the ATP World Tour Finals on Sunday to ensure himself the end-of-year world number one status.It was a fitting finale to a brilliant season which saw him win a second Wimbledon crown, become the first man to win successive Olympic gold medals and end the year with 24 wins on the bounce, which was enough for him to overhaul Djokovic at the summit of the game.Murray already has an OBE to his name, awarded after his maiden SW19 win in 2013, but there have been calls for a knighthood in the New Years Honours list -- something the Scot thinks he may be too young for.Obviously it is the highest honour you can get in this country, he told national newspapers. I dont know, I feel too young for something like that.I dont think about that stuff much, really. When I win any award or am presented with anything it is nice because it is recognition for what you have given your life to, up to now anyway.I am still young and there are still a lot of things that can go wrong, I could still mess up and make mistakes. Do stuff wrong. I am just trying to keep doing what I am doing, working hard, and achieving stuff.While a knighthood remains a possibility, the BBC Sports Personality of the Year seems a certainty, with Murray a heavy favourite to claim the prize for an unprecedented third time.However, due to his dads wedding, he will be unable to attend the event and is not sure he will win anyway.I dont think I am going to be able to go this year, he said. Ive got my fathers stag do next weekend, then he is getting married the following weekend.So I will go up to Scotland on Saturday, come back down to London for four or five days then come back up to Scotland. Then I go to Miami the day after my dads wedding.The Brownlee brothers, what they have done throughout the whole year is pretty amazing. I see that as pretty cool, because I have a similar thing with my own brother.And the thing that happened a few months after the Olympics was a nice thing to see, that it is not just a win-at-all-costs mentality.I have no idea who will win it but, in an Olympic year, it is always tough to pick because there are always so many great performances. Cheap Adidas Ultra Boost Australia . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. Adidas Ultra Boost Clearance . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. http://www.cheapultraboostaustralia.com/ . The defence is doing its part, too. Drew Brees threw a pair of touchdown passes in the first half and the guys on the other side made sure that was enough, sending the Saints to a 17-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night. Cheap Authentic Ultra Boost . The judges scored it 48-47, 48-47, 49-46 for Jones (19-1). It was the champions closest call. Despite the loss, it was a remarkable show by the confident Swedish challenger, who had the best of the early rounds and then hung on in the fourth and fifth. Adidas Ultra Boost Online Australia . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court. NEW YORK -- One year later, the New York Mets finally landed All-Star outfielder Jay Bruce to boost a struggling lineup. And now, hell provide protection for Yoenis Cespedes rather than an alternative to him.Minutes before Mondays trade deadline, the third-place Mets obtained Bruce from the Cincinnati Reds for young infielder Dilson Herrera and minor league left-hander Max Wotell.The 29-year-old Bruce was hitting .265 with 25 homers and a National League-leading 80 RBI. He made the NL All-Star team for the third time.This was an opportunity to deal from a position of relative strength in the system to acquire some offense that we felt we needed, general manager Sandy Alderson said.Bruce is expected to arrive Tuesday, manager Terry Collins said.New York also re-acquired lefty Jon Niese from Pittsburgh for reliever Antonio Bastardo. Niese will work out of the bullpen at first but also gives the Mets an experienced starter who could fill in for a rotation missing injured Matt Harvey and rehabbing Zack Wheeler.The moves follow last years trade-deadline acquisition of Cespedes, whose offensive spark helped the Mets reach the World Series for the first time since 2000.Before getting Cespedes from Detroit for pitcher Michael Fulmer, the Mets nearly completed a deal with Cincinnati for Bruce. When talks fell through, New York soon turned its attention to Cespedes.Look, it was an extraordinary turnaround last year. All we can do is try to acquire as many good players as we can to put ourselves in a position to maybe have that magic again, Alderson said. I do think, given our situation right now and the quality of players we have right now otherwise in the clubhouse, somebody like Jay Bruce can be a catalyst for more productive performance out of the other players that we have, especially sitting in the middle of our order.The banged-up Mets began Monday with a 54-50 record, 6 1/2 games behind NL East-leading Washington and 2 1/2 games back for the NLs second wild card. Their .237 batting average was the lowest in the major leagues.Bruce has been a clutch hitter this season, and New York is in dire need of one. Dreadful with runners in scoring position, the Mets ranked 13th out of 15 NL teams in runs.I think hell make a big impact, Collins said.Bruces dangerous left-handed bat should slot in nicely behind Cespedes -- if and when the right-handed slugger is healthy enough to play.Hampered by a strained right quadriceps thats been nagging him for weeks, Cespedes was out of the starting lineup Monday night against the New York Yankees for the second consecutive game.Bruce joins a crowded outfield that includes two other left-handed hitters in Curtis Granderson and Michael Confortto.dddddddddddd Alderson acknowledged that Bruce is not an absolute perfect fit for us.We start with the need for offense and work from there, the GM said.Bruce, however, is under team control next season and does provide another type of protection for Cespedes, because the Cuban star can opt out of his contract and become a free agent again after this years World Series.We would not have done the deal without the extra year of control, Alderson said. We were not looking for a rental player, certainly not looking to give up the kind of talent we did for the next two months.Bruce homered in five straight games in late July, a career best. A downside has been his career-long penchant for following a torrid streak with an incredibly cold one.Bruce has a .249 career average with 233 homers in nine major league seasons. He is earning $12.5 million this year, and his contract includes a $13 million team option for 2017 with a $1 million buyout.New York clinched the NL East title in Cincinnati last September and return for a three-game series from Sept. 5-7.Cincinnati is into its second year of rebuilding, trading any high-priced veteran it can. The Reds dealt starters Johnny Cueto and Mike Leake, All-Star Home Run Derby winner Todd Frazier and closer Aroldis Chapman in the past year.They tried to trade second baseman Brandon Phillips to the Nationals, but blocked the deal. They also had the framework of a three-team deal in place that wouldve sent Bruce to Toronto in the offseason, but that fell through.Herrera, 22, was once regarded as the Mets future second baseman. He made his major league debut in 2014 and hit .215 over 49 big league games in the `14 and `15 seasons. He was batting .276 with 13 homers and 55 RBI this year at Triple-A Las Vegas.We liked Dilson very much, no question about that, Alderson said. Its not that our estimation of Dilson has gone down, we realize we have some other options and seem to be well-covered there.Traded from the Mets to Pittsburgh last December for second baseman Neil Walker, Niese struggled during his time with the Pirates. He went 8-6 with a 4.91 ERA and was moved to the bullpen earlier this month.The 29-year-old Niese is making $9 million in the final season of a deal he signed with the Mets in March 2012, a contract that includes a $10 million team option for 2017 with a $500,000 buyout.Bastardo, who went 4-1 with a 2.98 ERA in 2015 with Pittsburgh, posted a 4.74 ERA in 41 appearances for the Mets. Bastardo agreed to a $12 million, two-year deal with New York in January and is owed $6.5 million in 2017. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen