Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Lewis Hamilton answered Nico Rosbergs pre-race goading in defiant style, winning the Abu Dhabi

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 12.03.2019 06:19
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Lewis Hamilton answered Nico Rosbergs pre-race goading in defiant style, winning the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Sunday as he clinched a second Formula One title and denied his brash-talking Mercedes teammate his first. Under Armour Shoes Discount .The days leading up to the race saw an upbeat Rosberg talking openly about how he fully intended to make Hamilton crack under pressure.That resulted in the onus to deliver falling on Rosberg — Hamiltons childhood friend and teenage go-karting rival — and match his pre-race fighting talk with equally aggressive driving.It never happened, and the German drivers dismal race saw him place a lowly 14th after he failed to recover from a poor start.Hamilton, the 2008 F1 champion, entered the race with a 17-point lead over his rival, needing only a top-two finish to guarantee the title.But he was never even tested and the highly anticipated duel under floodlights never happened.Woooooo-hoooooo, world champion I cant believe it! Thank you so much guys, Hamilton screamed over race radio, before grabbing a Union Jack flag and waving it above his car as his mechanics celebrated wildly.Its hard to soak all of this up. So much pressure, the 29-year-old Hamilton said. I didnt sleep last night. I went for a run and had a massage, I thought I would be tired, but somehow I felt composed for the race.He kept his helmet on for several minutes, appearing to wipe away tears, as the emotion of his hard-fought championship win started to sink in.This has been an incredible year, Hamilton said. It feels very surreal, like an out-of-body experience, like its not really happening.Standing watching in the Mercedes garage, Britains Prince Harry told him he was a legend and the emotion got to Hamilton, who described how he sat on a beach the night before the race, texting his father, Anthony Hamilton, and urging him to attend the race.The elder Hamilton responded to his sons call.One thing I want to say is a big huge Thank You to all the fans, to my family. I love you guys, Hamilton said. This is the greatest day of my life — 2008 was a special day but this is way, way beyond that.As a dejected Rosberg climbed out of his car, Hamilton rushed over to hug his girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger, who was in tears as she gave him a kiss.Rosberg started from pole position and, with double points on offer, could have won the title providing Hamilton finished third or lower.It is a pity it did not work out, Rosberg said. Its been very intense, a very special weekend for me.Brazilian driver Felipe Massa crossed the line in second place ahead of his Williams teammate Valtteri Bottas, while Red Bulls Daniel Ricciardo drove superbly to finish fourth despite starting from the back of the grid alongside teammate Sebastian Vettel, who finished eighth.In total, Hamilton scored 384 points, with Rosberg notching 317 and Ricciardo third with 238.Although it was a one-sided race, the season was a welcome drivers contest after Vettel beat Fernando Alonso by 155 points last year. Mercedes, however, crushed the competition out of sight, winning 16 of 19 races and securing 18 poles.We said way back in 1997 that it would be amazing if we were fighting for the title one day, Hamilton said. He just came into the room just now, he was very professional. He said Fantastic, you drove really well.Hamilton joins British drivers Graham Hill and Jim Clark with two F1 titles, with only Jackie Stewart ahead of him on three.He won 11 races to Rosbergs five this season. Tellingly, the German driver failed to make the most of pole position, having bettered Hamilton 11-7 in qualifying.Hamiltons other title was also decided on the last day, when he did just enough to beat Massa by one point at the season-ending Brazilian GP six years ago.A repeat scenario was squashed after three seconds.While Rosberg seemed rooted to the spot, Hamilton showed phenomenal acceleration from the line.It was a good start, like a rocket, Hamilton said.Meanwhile, it was a tough end to Vettels Red Bull career.The four-time F1 champion will join Ferrari next year on a three-year deal, replacing Fernando Alonso, who is touted to replace Jenson Button at McLaren.The Red Bulls started last after race stewards nullified their qualifying results because of an illegal aerodynamic influence on the front wing flaps.Although Red Bull placed a giant sticker on the garage floor that said Danke Seb! (Thanks Seb!) he was not quite the centre of attention.Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell — engaged to Red Bull team principal Christian Horner — was in the team garage.The 5.554-kilometre (3.44-mile) Yas Marina circuit is built on a man-made island, and the race has a unique feel, beginning at dusk and ending under darkness.Hamilton and friends, including U.S. singer Pharrell Williams, were likely partying long into the night. Under Armour Shoes Cheap . His right arm rested in a sling and was encased in a cast from above the elbow to his hand. "Im excited," Fernandez said with a grin. Under Armour Clearance Sale . Last year, Matt Kuchar closed with a 4-under 68 to beat Kevin Chappell by two strokes for his second win of the 2013 season and sixth of his career. http://www.cheapunderarmouraustralia.com/ . Adding playoff teams. Monitoring instant replay from league headquarters. Possibly creating a set of guidelines to prevent locker-room bullying.St. Louis, MO (SportsNetwork.com) - T.J. Oshie scored the lone goal in the shootout to lift the St. Louis Blues to a 5-4 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday. Oshie, the Blues first shooter, patiently skated through the slot, got Cam Ward to bite on a fake and lifted a shot into the top of the net. Jake Allen made Oshies effort stand as he stopped all three shooters, including a slick glove save on Alexander Semin to end the game. Vladimir Tarasenko, Jaden Schwartz, Alexander Steen and Patrik Berglund all scored in regulation for the Blues, who won their fourth straight game. Allen stopped 19-of-20 shots in relief of Brian Elliott, who allowed three goals on 10 shots during the first period. Jeff Skinner and Victor Rask each tallied a goal and an assist, while Eric Staal and Riley Nash also lit the lamp for the Hurricanes, who were coming off a 5-2 win over Buffalo on Thursday. Ward allowed four goals on 35 shots in defeat. Carolina took a 4-3 lead with under five minutes to play in the second. Nash gathered a bouncing puck at the left side of the net and snapped a shot that deflected off a few players in the crease and off the goal post before crossing the goal line. Tarasenko worked his way off the boards, released a shot in close and knocked the rebound into the net for a tie game with 13:14 to play. With under two minutes to play in overtime, Blues defenseman Jay Bouwmeestter had his goal waved off as it was ruled Berglund made contact with Ward at the top of the crease. Under Armour Shoes Sale. Carolina started the scoring just two minutes into the game. Rask slapped a shot from along the left boards that deflected off the skate of a St. Louis defender and into the net. Steen tied the game after he took a pass through the crease and fired a shot over the shoulder of Ward Skinner stripped a defender of the puck, stepped into the slot and sent a wrister over the glove of Elliott for a 2-1 lead at 7:23. The Hurricanes did not relent. Five minutes later, Staal charged into the zone on a breakaway and slipped a backhander past a sliding Elliott, giving Carolina a 3-1 lead and forcing the Blues to change goaltenders. St. Louis scored twice early in the second to tie the game. Schwartz intercepted a Carolina pass, faked a shot in the slot and jammed the puck past Wards stick at 4:07 and Berglund wristed a shot past a screened Ward for a 3-3 game 54 seconds later. Game Notes The NHL released its All-Star game roster on Saturday. Tarasenko and defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk will represent St. Louis, while defenseman Justin Faulk was selected from the Hurricanes ... Steen extended his point streak to six games ... Carolina forward Elias Lindholm played in his 100th NHL game ... The two teams will meet again on Jan. 30 at PNC Arena. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen