Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

GLASGOW -- Come Monday morning when her running rivals are still focused on rest and recovery, Lanni Marchant will pull out her

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 12.03.2019 06:19
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

GLASGOW -- Come Monday morning when her running rivals are still focused on rest and recovery, Lanni Marchant will pull out her laptop and begin researching her latest case. Nike Free Australia . The 30-year-old from London, Ont., is both Canadas greatest female marathoner and a practising criminal lawyer. And work doesnt stop for the Commonwealth Games where Marchant raced to fourth place in the marathon Sunday. "I actually picked up a case when I was here, I got an email about an appellate case that another law firm wants me to write for them. Hopefully Ill get the trial transcript Monday," Marchant said, moments after crossing the finish line. Marchant completed the two-loop course that started and ended at Glasgow Green, a 15th-century park on the bank of the River Clyde, in two hours 31 minutes 14 seconds. Kenyans finished 1-2. Flomena Daniel crossed in 2:26.45 for gold, and teammate Caroline Kilel was second in 2:27.10. Australias Jess Trengove won the bronze in 2:30.12. Australias Michael Shelley won the mens race in 2:11.15. Marchant, whose law firm is in Chattanooga, Tenn., is a big believer in balance. She unwinds after a hard run with a beer. And even though her racing schedule has her criss-crossing the globe, shes mastered the ability to combine work and running. "I just do my work from abroad," said Marchant. "A lot of what I do is appellate cases (court appeals), so I can do the research and write the brief from anywhere in the world. As long as I have an email connection, I can mail it back to them." Marchant was the only Canadian racing the marathon, which kicked off the track and field competition in Glasgow. She could have passed on Scotland and picked a race with better weather, a better field and better prize money (read: any prize money), but believed that soaking up the experience of her first multi-sport Games was important. "I want as much experience lining up, with the pressure, wearing the Team Canada bib, being ranked fairly well, so that when I line up hopefully in Rio (2016 Olympics) its not going to be a shock to the system. "And at the end of the day, Im doing this because I want to represent Canada and I want as many opportunities as I can, especially with the times Ive not been able to, Im not going to turn down the chances again." Marchant, a former steeplechaser at Michigan State and one of seven kids in her family, made a major breakthrough when she broke Sylvia Rueggers 28-year-old Canadian womens marathon record last year in Toronto, running 2:28.00. She said life changed for her after that day. "Im not used to people really caring what I do in my day to day life and wanting me to blog more. Im not used to that. And lot of the races I do back in Canada, it seems everybody will recognize me. "Its a little bit surreal, but I enjoy it and Im happy to be out there to help garner attention for our sport." Her mom Mary Lou, a figure skating coach and choreographer, has even shared a bit of her celebrity spotlight. "She joined the London Pacers, a local masters running group and theyre sending the e-mail out about how to join, and were like Wait, are you Lannis mom? So she feels kind of important which is fun," Marchant said. She also relishes being a role model, saying a big motivating factor is inspiring young women to run. "We had a dry spell for a while for long distance running for women in Canada, so Im trying to show them that if you stick with it, you get out there, you can run," she said. "There are probably a million people out there who could run faster than me." There were only three on Sunday in a race that was all about placing rather than time. Marchant, her brown hair pulled back in a ponytail under a red cap, ran a tactically smart race that for a while had her within striking distance of a bronze medal. Namibias Helalia Johannes was running in third but fading badly. Trengove would pass both and Marchant and Johannes around the 35-kilometre mark for bronze. "I was trying to (catch third), but just around 37-K my calf started to cramp up on me a little, so I had to make sure and run it smart so I didnt completely cramp up," Marchant said. "So when the Aussie caught me, I kind of figured the medal was out of contention." "But I wasnt going to give up. And I ended up catching fourth." The calf cramp wasnt nearly so severe as the debilitating leg cramp that saw her famously stab herself in the leg with a safety pin while running the world championship marathon in 2013 -- another runner insisted it would relieve her severe cramp; it didnt. "It was just bad enough that I couldnt get on my toe," she said of Sundays leg issue. "So you cant really respond to someone (Trengove) surging past you. But other than that, I was happy with it. I cant really complain." Marchant ran most of the race alone after a lead pack of eight runners broke apart between 15 and 20 kilometres. "Lanni had the composure to just lay back and hold on to a rhythm. Played it pretty well," said Canadian distance coach Dave Scott-Thomas. "Lannis got the temperament and bravery to just go for it, and get the most out of what shes got, and then the intelligence to play it well tactically." Crowds, in some places a dozen deep, cheered on the athletes, creating a racket by banging on the signage that lined the fences along the route. The runners crossed the River Clyde four times and also negotiated their way through cobbestoned city streets that were made slick by the light rain that fell for much of the morning. Shelley, meanwhile, improved on the silver medal he won at the Games in New Delhi four years ago, pulling away from the lead group of runners with four kilometres to go. Stephen Chemlany of Kenya was second in 2:11.58 and Abraham Kiplimo of Uganda earned the bronze in 2:12.23. "I just decided to stay relaxed on the first lap, not go too hard too early," said Shelley, who buried his face in an Australian flag after his victory. "I dont like the rain too much either, but its good to come back and defend a silver medal and go one ever better." Cheap Nike Free Shoes . He liked what he saw on Tuesday night. Not only did his team post a comeback 3-2 victory in a shootout over the Montreal Canadiens, but the rival Washington Capitals were beaten 5-1 in Buffalo. Nike Free On Sale . Jeff Carter had two goals and an assist as the Kings stretched their streak to seven wins in a row with a 4-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday. http://www.nikefreecheapaustralia.com/ .C. -- Carter Ashton had a pair of goals and added an assist as the Toronto Marlies downed the Charlotte Checkers 5-2 on Saturday in the American Hockey League.SWIFT CURRENT, Sask. - Colby Cave scored on the power play with 21 seconds left to play to hand the Swift Current Broncos a 6-5 win over the Saskatoon Blades on Wednesday in Western Hockey League action. Graham Black had a goal and three assists for Swift Current (36-25-9), while Jake DeBrusk scored and added two assists. Nathan Burns, Glenn Gawdin and Jay Merkley rounded out the offence for the Broncos. Swift Currents Eetu Laurikainen started in net, allowing three goals on eight shots in 11:29 of work. Landon Bow made 17 saves on 19 shots in relief. Ryan Graham had a pair of goals for Saskatoon (16-49-5). MacKenzie Johnston, Cory Millette and Graham Millar also found the back of the net for the Blades, while Brandon Kegler turned aside 39 shots. The Blades have lost 10 straight. --- OIL KINGS 3 TIGERS 1 MEDICINE HAT, Alta. — Griffin Reinhart had the power-play winner late in the second period as Edmonton down the Tigers. Luke Bertolucci and Edgars Kulda also scored for the Oil Kings (49-18-3). Tristan Jarry made 30 saves for the win. Cole Sanford was the lone scorer for Medicine Hat (42-24-4) and Marek Langhamer stopped 36-of-38 shots. --- PATS 7 RAIDERS 1 REGINA — Dyson Stevenson and Connor Gay both scored two goals as the Pats crushed Prince Albert. Chandler Stephenson had a goal and set up three others for Regina (39-25-6). Morgan Klimchuk and Dryden Hunt rounded out the scoring for the Pats, while goalie Dawson MacAuley made 28 saves. Collin Valcourt was the lone scorer for the Raiders (33-32-5) and Cole Cheveldave stopped 31 shots in net. --- REBEELS 3 ICE 2 RED DEER, Alta. Nike Free Shoes Clearance. — Scott Fesers goal at the 16:04 mark of the third period stood as the winner as the Rebels edged Kootenay. Nick Charif and Brooks Maxwell also scored for Red Deer (34-31-5), while Patrik Bartosak made 47 saves for the win. Jon Martin and Jaedon Descheneau replied for the Ice (39-27-4). Mackenzie Skapski turned aside 25 shots in net. --- ROCKETS 4 BLAZERS 1 KAMLOOPS, B.C. — Ryan Olsen had a pair of goals to lead Kelowna past the Blazers. Nick Merkley and Tyrell Goulbourne rounded out the attack for the Rockets (55-11-4), as Jackson Whistle made 18 saves. Eric Krienke had the only Kamloops (13-52-5) goal and Bolton Pouliot stopped 40 shots. --- GIANTS 3 ROYALS 2 VANCOUVER — Trent Lofthouse had two power-play goals — including the eventual winner — as the Giants slipped past Victoria. Captain Dalton Sward also scored for Vancouver (32-27-11). Goaltender Payton Lee stopped 41 shots for the win. Austin Carrolls power-play goal late in the third period pulled the Royals (48-18-4) to within one. Steven Hodges scored early in the second. Coleman Vollrath made 20 saves. --- SILVERTIPS 4 CHIEFS 2 SPOKANE, Wash. — Joshua Winquist had back-to-back goals — including the winner — as Everett reeled off three unanswered goals for a win over the Chiefs. Carson Stadnyk also scored twice for the Silvertips (37-23-9), while Austin Lotz turned aside 27 shots. Mike Aviani and Mitch Holmberg both scored on the power play for Spokane (39-25-6). Eric Williams made 20 saves in net. --- ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen