Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

summer after the Rio Games, in part by Willie Gault -- the former NFL wide receiver who also was a bobsledder.Gay got to Calgary

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 11.03.2019 07:54
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

My Dad has been telling me about the great racehorse Arkle. Did he win all his races? asked Simon HarringtonArkle didnt quite win every race he entered, but the famous horse ended up with 27 wins out of 35, a pretty good record for a steeplechaser, especially one who received tough handicaps later in his career.Arkle was foaled in April 1957, and lost his first two outings -- flat races under National Hunt rules -- in Ireland late in 1961, before finally making the winners enclosure in his third race, the Bective Novice Hurdle at Navan in January 1962. Five more runs followed in Ireland -- bringing three wins, a fourth and an unplaced -- before Arkles Cheltenham debut, in the Honeybourne Chase in Nov.1962: starting as favourite, he won by 20 lengths. After another win in Ireland he was back at Cheltenham in Mar. 1963 for the festival, and romped home in the Broadway Chase -- again by 20 lengths.There were four more races in Ireland in 1963: Arkle started as odds-on favourite in all of them, and won all four. But there was a setback at Newbury in the Hennessy Gold Cup in November, when Arkle slipped at the 19th fence and ended up third, behind Mill House and Happy Spring. Mill House -- The Big Horse -- loomed large again in 1964 when, after three more wins in Ireland, Arkle started the Cheltenham Gold Cup for the first time. There were only four entrants, and Arkle beat Mill House by five lengths.At Gowran Park in Oct. 1964 Arkle started at 5-1 on -- and won again, before returning to Newbury and beating Mill House in the Hennessy. A week later he went to Cheltenham for the Massey-Ferguson Gold Cup, and finished a close third behind Flying Wild and Buonanotte.He was soon back to winning ways, finishing first in a handicap at Leopardstown in Feb. 1965, and a fortnight later trounced Mill House by 20 lengths in the Cheltenham Gold Cup. The following month Arkle won the Whitbread Gold Cup at Sandown; later in the year, also at Sandown, he won the Gallaher Gold Cup by 20 lengths -- a warm-up for the Hennessy Gold Cup, three weeks later at Newbury, which he start at 6-1 on and won by 15 lengths. A month later Arkle tackled the King George VI Chase at Kempton Park for the first time: heavily handicapped, he still started at 7-1 on and beat Dormant by a distance.After a close-run win at Leopardstown in Feb. 1966, Arkle returned to Cheltenham and crushed Dormant by 30 lengths to complete a Gold Cup hat-trick. That November, giving away 35 pounds to Stalbridge Colonist in the Hennessy at Newbury, Arkle was pipped by half a length.An easy victory followed at Ascot, and then Arkle lined up for his 35th race, the King George at Kempton Park. Starting at 9-2 on, Arkle led most of the way, but lost out by a length to Dormant in the end. He was very lame after the race, and a broken bone was discovered: despite treatment, it proved to be the end of his stellar career.The only horse since Arkle to complete a hat-trick of Cheltenham Gold Cup victories is Best Mate, from 2002 to 2004. Air Jordan 1 Clearance . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. Air Jordan 1 Discount . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. http://www.cheapairjordan1.net/ . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Cheap Air Jordan 1 For Sale . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. Air Jordan 1 Retro Cheap . The return match will take place next Wednesday. Udinese leads Fiorentina 2-1 in the other semifinal. Napoli staged a second-half comeback from two goals down after Gervinhos opener and a stunning strike from Kevin Strootman. Tyson Gay elected not to compete in the opening day of USA Bobsleds national push championships in Canada, getting a little more time to transition from being an Olympic sprinter to someone who runs on ice.Another sprinter stole the show instead.Ryan Bailey, in only his second week in the sport and his first time competing on ice, won the mens brakeman competition Wednesday -- enhancing his chances of making the national team. Bailey won the preliminary championship last month, though that was on dry land and left him with no expectations coming into his first time racing on ice.To get a chance to compete in the Winter Olympics would be amazing, Bailey said. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be possible, so getting this chance is mind-blowing.Bailey was part of the 2012 Olympic team at the London Games, a teammate of Gays there. Gay was recruited to bobsled this summer after the Rio Games, in part by Willie Gault -- the former NFL wide receiver who also was a bobsledder.Gay got to Calgary, which has an indoor facility thats hosting these championships, earlier this week. USA Bobsled said it was decided that it was in Gays best interest to focus on learning Wednesday and not immediately jump into competition.A number of other Olympic veterans, of the Winter Games variety, also got titles on Wednesday.Two-time Olympic medalist Elana Meyers Taylor won the womens pilot title, the eighth start title of her career and the fifth since she left the brakeemans seat and became a driver.dddddddddddd.Its great getting everyone back together on ice, Meyers Taylor said. We train all summer for this. Its what we live for. Its so much fun to be back out there, to see everyone making improvements.Olympic gold medalist Justin Olsen set a record from the drivers push bar to win the mens pilot title, and Olympic bronze medalist Aja Evans returned from a two-year hiatus to win her third womans push athlete national championship.The time off was good for me, Evans said. Theres a lot that goes into the sport and competing on a high level, so the time off gave me a lot of mental clarity and let my body heal up.Olsen made the switch from pushing sleds to driving them after the 2014 Sochi Games.I feel rejuvenated mentally with my new journey as a driver, Olsen said.Competing in the push championships is ordinarily a requirement to be eligible for national team consideration. But that rule doesnt apply to rookie hopefuls, so Gay -- who could compete in other events this weekend -- still is in the mix to compete in team trials next month. It also doesnt apply to injured athletes like longtime USA-1 driver Steven Holcomb, the three-time Olympic medalist who was excused Wednesday because of an injury.Im just being cautious, Holcomb said. I had a slight training mishap a couple weeks ago, nothing major. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen