Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

asketball star, became the third womens player at the school to have that honor, with her No. 25 joining June Olkows

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 09.03.2019 06:52
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- Cappie Pondexter fought back tears as Rutgers retired her jersey at halftime of their game against Duke on Thursday night.Pondexter, a former Rutgers basketball star, became the third womens player at the school to have that honor, with her No. 25 joining June Olkowski and Sue Wicks in the rafters. Pondexter helped the Scarlet Knights reach the NCAA tournament regional final in her junior season.I was holding back tears, I cant lie about that, Pondexter said. Rutgers doesnt retire jerseys often. To be part of that means a lot, the company Im in. ... Sometimes as an athlete, you forget about the hard work you put in. Ive come full circle, hearing all the accolades I accomplished in college.Pondexter, 33, averaged 18.3 points in her four years at Rutgers and finished as the schools second-leading scorer. She went on to win two championships with the Phoenix Mercury in the WNBA, who drafted her second in 2006. Pondexter also won an Olympic gold medal in 2008.I always tell people my gold medal was my fondest [memory], Pondexter said. This is now. Everybody doesnt have their jersey retired at their school and university.Pondexter also had a locker named in her honor in the new practice facility. The halftime ceremony began with some of her former teammates bringing Pondexters banner to center court. The former star was also given a framed jersey.Pondexter said she knew exactly how to play to the crowd, saying at the end of the ceremony, Happy I was here instead of UConn.Her college choices came down to the two programs, and she chose the New Jersey school. She was part of many big games against the HuskiesI can remember the rivalry with UConn, she said. Ill always remember that decade where myself, Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird -- were competitors, and thats what we did at the end of the day.Rutgers is long gone from the Big East, having moved to the Big Ten a few years ago. The program has struggled recently and is going through a really tough season so far. The Scarlet Knights have won just one game, and star player Tyler Scaife is sitting out this season. Jordan 11 For Sale Cheap Real . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. Discount Air Jordan 11 . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. http://www.cheapairjordan11.net/ . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. Jordan 11 Cheap Real .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. Cheap Air Jordan 11 . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. COURCHEVEL, France -- A womens World Cup giant slalom was canceled Tuesday because of strong winds after the first run had been aborted and then rescheduled.The first run was stopped after 19 racers had gone down the course. But a few minutes before the rescheduled run had been set to start, the International Ski Federation called it off.A new date has not yet been scheduled.The initial decision to restart the race -- despite increasingly heavy winds at the French Alpine resort -- did not please defending overall World Cup champion Lara Gut.Dear (at)fisalpine ... we love to race but we are not windsurfers and wee dont have wings, Gut wrote on Twitter.ddddddddddddOf the skiers who did manage to set off in the morning, Sofia Goggia had posted the leading time ahead of Italy teammate Federica Brignone. Gut was fifth fastest and Mikaela Shiffrin was 10th.Shiffrin leads the overall standings, five points ahead of Gut, despite missing the three speed events in Val dIsere last weekend.Goggia finished third in both the Alpine combined and downhill in Val dIsere, while Gut won the super-G on Sunday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen