Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

lking Darwin Barney and giving up a single to Devon Travis with two out in the seventh. Peter Moylan replaced Vent

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 09.03.2019 06:51
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Yordano Ventura was not at his best, but good enough to end a personal losing drought.Ventura pitched effectively into the seventh inning, Kendrys Morales hit a grand slam, and the Kansas City Royals beat the Toronto Blue Jays 7-1 Sunday.As far as stuff-wise and command, it obviously wasnt one of his best games, but his mental toughness was great, Royals catcher Drew Butera said. Thats what we need out of him. Somedays youre not going to have your best stuff. He came out and battled. He didnt get too flustered on the mound and stayed within himself.Ventura (7-9), who was 0-5 in seven starts since a June 17 victory over the Detroit Tigers, limited the Blue Jays to one run and five singles in 6 2/3 innings, walking four and striking out four.The Blue Jays had four hits and two walks in the first four innings, but wound up stranding eight men and went 0 for 4 with runners in scoring position.I was fighting the whole game, Ventura said with catching coach Pedro Grifol as his interpreter. I didnt feel comfortable with my mechanics early, but the goal was to keep us in the ball game until we could score some runs and we did.Morales third career grand slam and his first since July 30, 2012, while with the Los Angeles Angels came off left-hander Brett Cecil with two out in the eighth to break the game open. Raul Mondesi, Alcides Escobar and Cheslor Cuthbert led off the inning with singles. It appeared Toronto might escape unharmed after Lorenzo Cain and Eric Hosmer struck out, but Morales hit Cecils first pitch out to straight-away center.I went up to the plate with an aggressive mindset and he threw a fastball and I was able to make good hard contact, Morales said through a translator. It was a high fastball, mask high and I was able to catch it out front.Blue Jays right-hander Marcus Stroman (8-5) allowed three runs and seven hits in five innings. He threw 95 pitches before being replaced by Scott Feldman.Drew Butera and Mondesi delivered run-producing singles in the second. Butera cracked his bat on his hit to bring home Alex Gordon, while Mondesis bunt single scored Paulo Orlando, who logged his fourth straight multi-hit game.Theyre a dynamic team with their speed, Stroman said. They dont have to beat you with homers. Theyre looking to move the ball, move guys. Very fast and they put the ball in play.Escobar homered -- only his second of the season -- to lead off the fifth.Ventura was pulled after walking Darwin Barney and giving up a single to Devon Travis with two out in the seventh. Peter Moylan replaced Ventura and struck out Jose Bautista, but not before a wild pitch allowed Barney to score.Today was a little frustrating, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. Its always tough to play here. Theyre world champs. Theyre that for a reason and they held us in check. We really havent been swinging that good since the beginning of the last homestand. Weve been in kind of a rut, so were due to explode.TRAINERS ROOMBlue Jays: CF Kevin Pillar jammed his left thumb sliding into second base Saturday and not in the lineup as a precaution.UP NEXTBlue Jays: RHP R.A. Dickey, who is second in the AL with 12 losses, will start against the Rays in the opener of a six-game homestand. Tampa Bay will start RHP Jake Odorizzi.Royals: After a day off Monday, Edinson Volquez will start Tuesday against the White Sox. Volquez has a 9.82 ERA in losing his past two starts. Cody Bellinger Jersey . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. Maury Wills Jersey . LOUIS -- St. http://www.cheapdodgersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-zac-rosscup-jersey . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. Jackie Robinson Jersey . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Enrique Hernandez Jersey . Blackwood, 28, has played the last three seasons in the San Diego Padres system, including the past two summers with Class AA San Antonio of the Texas League.Padraig Harrington has crashed out of the Hero Indian Open, where Terry Pilkadaris has opened up a three-shot advantage. Latest leaderboard Hero Indian Open The three-time major champion posted three bogeys in a four-hole stretch along the back nine on his way to a two-over 74 and finish one stroke below the cut line, as Pilkadaris fired a round-of-the-day 64 to surge top of the leaderboard.Resuming two shots adrift of overnight leader Daniel Im, Pilkadaris opened with back-to-back birdies as one of the early starters before following a gain at the sixth with four in a row around the turn. Harrington posted three bogeys in quick succession along the back nine The Australian added a seventh birdie at the 14th and chipped in at the next to extend his advantage, but missed out on a bogey-free card when he sent his approach on the last in to the trees.I felt really good out there and I kept going at flags, Pilkadaris said. Everything was feeling good and I kept going at them.I kept giving myself chances and it was nice to take advantage of them. Youve got to roll with it and dont try to step out of the way and trip on your own feet. Just keep it simple. Pilkadaris has opened up a three-shot advantage in Delhi Home favourite S.ddddddddddddS.P Chawrasia, a four-time runner-up in the event, posted a second successive 67 to join Nacho Elvira three strokes back in a tie for second.Three consecutive birdies set David Lipsky on his way to a five-under 67 to keep him in contention on eight under with Ben Evans, who picked up five strokes over his final seven holes. Defending champion Anirban Lahiri heads in to the weekend eight shots adrift alongside early pacesetter Im, as Paul Dunne carded a six-under 66 to end a run of three consecutive missed cuts.I have left myself a lot of work on the weekend and I had a very disappointing back nine today, Lahiri said. I got myself in a decent position after a bad start, but couldnt make the putts. Lahiri heads in to the weekend eight shots off the pace Even when I hit a good putt, it didnt go in. It was a tough back nine. Hopefully, Ill have a little more luck on my side over the weekend.Joining Harrington in making an early exit is Joost Luiten, who was seven under for the day through 14 but went on to bogey his final three holes and miss out. Watch the Indian Open throughout the weekend live on Sky Sports 4 - your home of golf Also See: Indian Open leaderboard First round highlights Harrington gets Green Light Golf live on Sky Sports 4 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen