Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

th of two goals apiece from Nikolaj Ehlers, Matt Murphy and Brent Andrews. Jonathan Drouin also scored and had t

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 08.03.2019 03:24
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- The rain was intensifying, and the Baltimore Orioles knew it wouldnt be long before umpires called for a tarp to cover the sloppy field. So, down by a run in the sixth inning, the Orioles switched to beat-the-rain mode and used the elements to their advantage in a 4-3 victory over the Los Angeles Angels on Monday night. The teams played for 2 hours, 23 minutes and endured a rain delay that lasted 2:14. Immediately before that stoppage, Baltimore made the plays that won the game. With the score tied at 2 in the bottom of the sixth and the grounds crew poised to leap into action, Nate McLouth led off with a bunt off Jered Weaver (1-2) and promptly stole second. "I figured I had a good chance of laying one down there, and with the soaking wet field, that certainly helped," McLouth said. "When I got on there, it was wet, but I wanted to try to get in scoring position as quick as I could. Its tough to receive a ball and throw in those conditions, too. So I took that chance, and it ended up working out." Manny Machado followed with an opposite-field single to right, and when the ball got past Josh Hamilton, McLouth came home with the go-ahead run. Machado took third on a single by Nick Markakis and Adam Jones hit a sacrifice fly to make it 4-2. After Chris Davis hit a swishing grounder to shortstop Erick Aybar for a force at second base, umpire Joe West finally halted play. "It wasnt raining too hard to play when we stopped," West said. "The field was getting unplayable. And thats why we stopped." Too late for Weaver. "Thats some of the toughest weather Ive ever had to pitch in in a little while," the right-hander said. "Its kind of a guessing game. You dont know whether theyre going to stop it or going to call it. At the same time, both teams have to pitch through it and hit through it. It was a little messy out there, but no excuses. They were able to get a couple in that sixth inning and that was the difference in the game." Los Angeles had tied it in the top of the sixth on a home run by Hamilton. Mike Trout also homered for the Angels, who have lost three straight to fall 10 games under .500 (27-37). Making his fifth start since his recovery from a broken left elbow, Weaver gave up four runs and six hits in 5 2-3 innings. He was 4-0 with a 1.82 ERA in his previous four starts against Baltimore. "For the most part, it wasnt too bad," he said. "But there were some times youd throw a pitch and get it back and the ball was already wet. It didnt even have to hit the infield." Jones homered and drove in three runs to help the Orioles improve to 4-1 against the Angels this season. "The sixth inning was big because they tied it in the top half," Jones said. "For us to fight and get two runs off Weaver in that situation was very important, especially with what happened with the rain." Los Angeles closed to 4-3 in the seventh on Hamiltons RBI grounder off Tommy Hunter, but Darren ODay worked a scoreless eighth and Jim Johnson got three straight outs for his 22nd save. Freddy Garcia (3-3) allowed two runs, six hits and a walk over six innings for the Orioles. The 36-year-old improved to 17-3 lifetime against the Angels, 7-0 since the start of the 2005 season. Trout put the Angels up 1-0 in the third inning with his 11th home run, the first in 72 at-bats since May 23. He didnt hit No. 11 last year until July 6. Weaver retired 10 of the first 11 batters he faced before Markakis drew a one-out walk in the fourth and Jones followed with his second homer in two games. In the sixth, however, Hamilton tied it with a drive over the right field scoreboard. It was his ninth homer of the season, the first in 13 games. NOTES: The Angels activated Peter Bourjos (hamstring) from the 15-day DL and designated INF Chris Nelson for assignment. ... Orioles 2B Brian Roberts (hamstring) is working out with the team and hopes to return soon. "I dont think we have a timeframe, but were certainly in the homestretch," he said. Also, OF Nolan Reimould (hamstring) could begin a rehabilitation assignment by the end of the week, manager Buck Showalter said. ... Baltimore 2B Alexi Casilla jammed his index finger Sunday and did not play Monday. ... Miguel Gonzalez (3-2) starts for Baltimore on Tuesday. The Angels will start Jason Vargas, who blanked the Orioles in Anaheim on May 3. ... Trout has seven career HRs against Baltimore, tied for his most against any club (also Texas). Wholesale Dolphins Jerseys Authentic . Halifax beat the Saint John Sea Dogs 7-5 on the strength of two goals apiece from Nikolaj Ehlers, Matt Murphy and Brent Andrews. Jonathan Drouin also scored and had three assists while Zachary Fucale made 17 saves for the Mooseheads (16-8-0), who led 6-1 after two periods. Authentic Dolphins Jerseys From China . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. http://www.dolphinscheapjerseys.com/?tag=authentic-jerome-baker-jersey .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. Sale Dolphins Jerseys Store . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Authentic Dolphins Jerseys From China .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. ATLANTA -- Quarterback Justin Thomas was surrounded by inexperienced players last season, and Georgia Tech went 3-9.The year before was the exact opposite. Thomas, a sophomore, was a full-time starter for the first time, and the Yellow Jackets spread option attack was flush with veterans at B-back, A-back and receiver.Georgia Tech beat Georgia, advanced to the ACC title game, won the Orange Bowl and finished 11-5.Thomas was a driving force in the teams success two years ago, but he grew despondent as the bottom fell out last season.I think he got frustrated real easily, coach Paul Johnson said Saturday at the Jackets media day. I think any time youve played at a high level like he had the year before -- and he had a plethora of weapons around him. Im not sure people realize that some of those kids were pretty good.He could kind of sit back and he didnt really have to be a leader.Now three days into the start of fall camp, Thomas is focused on what he can control. Regardless of the personnel or situations around him, Thomas is concentrating hardest on ball security.The Jackets fumbled 36 times last year, losing possession 14 times. They lost four of Thomas 10 fumbles. Thomas threw eight interceptions.I made a lot of, I guess, boneheaded plays, throwing picks that I dont (normally) do, even fumbling the ball, Thomas said. I need to make sure Im being more careful with the ball.Johnson saw firsthand how Thomas frustration affected everyone around him. As the Jackets lost nine of their last 10 games, Thomas was hard tto console.ddddddddddddts easy to go back and sit on the bench and go, `Man, what am I playing with? Johnson said. At quarterback you cant do that and especially where youre called on as a leader. I think he grew up a lot and learned a lot. Then he got dinged up and wasnt healthy. People dont realize all the time that he played a good part of last year not healthy, not 100 percent.The year before Thomas had DeAndre Smelter, Synjyn Days, Zach Laskey and Darren Waller to make plays. He had an experienced offensive line led by Shaquille Mason.They knew where to go and what to do and how to adjust, Johnson said. Then all of a sudden, after about three games (last year), youre surrounded at every position with guys whove never played. Theyre trying to feel their way through it.Thomas has benefited this offseason from working alongside Marcus Marshall, Clinton Lynch, Dedrick Mills, Marcus Allen, Qua Searcy and Ricky Jeune. They all went through growing pains, too.Thomas has five offensive linemen Freddie Burden, Eason Fromayan, Will Bryan, Shamire Devine and Trey Klock to provide the space and protection he needs to succeed.Getting all those reps in the spring, summer and now were into camp, its the same guys, Thomas said. ?Not somebody new you havent played with. You get to know the person, how they play the game and what they can and cant do. Just having that comfort level is a lot better. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen