Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

titles after she turned 30, the age Sharapova will be when she comes back this spring.Maria is more than five years y

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 08.03.2019 03:24
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

After 15 months away from tennis, what kind of impact will Maria Sharapova have when she returns next spring?Two ESPN analysts, Brad Gilbert and Pam Shriver -- formidable former professionals both -- have widely differing views.Yes, Shriver said Tuesday from her southern California home, she can still win majors.Gilbert, speaking some 350 miles to the north, wasnt so sure.I think its going to be really difficult for her, he said. Fifteen months is a long, long time.The Court of Arbitration for Sport -- the highest governing authority in sports -- reduced the previous two-year drug suspension of the International Tennis Federation to 15 months.That means Sharapova, a five-time Grand Slam champion, will be eligible to come back April 25, 2017, one week after her 30th birthday. Essentially, the reduction means Sharapova will miss only four Grand Slam events (plus the Olympics), as opposed to the eight originally decreed.Tennis is my passion and I have missed it, she said in a statement. I am counting the days until I can return to the court.Here is a likely timeline for that keenly anticipated moment:Sharapova was ranked No. 5 among WTA players when she lost to then-No. 1 Serena Williams at Januarys Australian Open and is currently No. 95. But since Sharapova will not have earned any ranking points over the previous 52 weeks, she will be starting from zero. As a former major champion, however, she can receive unlimited wild cards from tournaments.Because of what Shriver calls maybe unprecedented coverage, there should be no shortage of those offers.With an April 25 start date, Sharapova will miss one of her most successful tournaments, Stuttgart, where she won three titles in a four-year span. The next event on the WTA schedule begins May 1, in Prague, the capital and largest city in the Czech Republic. This is also a smaller International tournament, carrying a minimum purse of $250,000 that she has never played. That is followed May 8 by Madrid, a larger (Premier Mandatory) event, Rome (May 15, Premier 5) and the clay season culminates with the French Open, beginning May 22.Its reasonable to assume shell play at least two of those clay tournaments leading to Roland Garros. Early in her career, Sharapova struggled on clay but eventually came to terms with the slippery surface and won the French Open in 2012 and 2014 -- the only major shes won twice.With that schedule, it will be tough to be ready [to win] the French, Shriver conceded.Gilbert thinks there will be some rust, physically and mentally.If you look over last few years, she never played a lot, Gilbert said. You dont know how long it will take her to find her rhythm. Mentally, this had to be tough, because unlike injury or maternity leave, you know you should be out there playing.I think she gets herself into shape in 2017, pulls her ranking back up and is in position to contend in 2018.Sharapova, the No. 1-ranked player five different times for total of 22 weeks, is one of only 10 women to complete the career Grand Slam. Viewing the glass half full, one could argue that the 15-month layoff can only help an athlete that faced career-threatening shoulder surgery in 2008 and missed nearly 10 months. After she returned, with a ranking that dipped as low as No. 126, Sharapova won 16 titles, including those two French Opens.Monica Seles came back from a 2?-year absence following a stabbing and almost immediately made the finals of the US Open and won the following year in Melbourne. But she was only 21 when she began her comeback.Gilbert, former coach of Andre Agassi, Andy Roddick and Andy Murray, is leaning toward a glass-half-empty scenario.Shes resilient, and the one thing that will motivate her more than anything is people thinking she cant do it, he said. But I think [the layoff] puts a serious damper on her chances of winning majors again.Shriver cites the experience of Serena Williams, who missed back-to-back Slams in 2006 and three in a row from 2010-11 and rallied famously.Williams won nine Grand Slam singles titles after she turned 30, the age Sharapova will be when she comes back this spring.Maria is more than five years younger than Serena, Shriver said. Shell be viable as soon as she comes back.In an era when [Angelique] Kerber won two Slams and [Garbine] Muguruza won the French, absolutely. Shell look at this year as an opportunity lost.You wont have to wait until next May to see Sharapova back in action.Shes scheduled to be on the court at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas next Monday as part of the WTTs Smash Hits, a charity exhibition hosted by Billie Jean King and Sir Elton John. Yes, Sharapova will join the likes of John McEnroe, Martina Navratilova, Roddick and others.The WTT will officially announce her participation Wednesday.You didnt think Sharapova would wait the full 15 months to step back into the spotlight, did you? Wholesale Bengals Jerseys Authentic . Philadelphia is 2-0 against the Senators this season and scored five goals in each victory. The Flyers recorded a 5-0 win in Ottawa on Nov. 12 and then earned a 5-2 home decision on Nov. 19. The Flyers have claimed three straight and four of the last five encounters with the Sens overall and Philly has won two in a row and three of its past four tests in Canadas capital city. Authentic Mark Walton Jersey . LUCIE, Fla. http://www.cheapbengalsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-davontae-harris-jersey . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. Cheap Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. Authentic Auden Tate Jersey . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. NEW YORK -- LeBron James said he wasnt trying to make a statement by not staying at a Donald Trump-branded hotel with the Cleveland Cavaliers, calling it a personal preference.It would be the same if I went to a restaurant and decided to eat chicken and not steak, James said.James and some other players didnt stay with the team at the Trump SoHo in lower Manhattan before the Cavs game against the New York Knicks on Wednesday night. James said it was the first time in his career he hasnt stayed with his team, though he said he rode the bus to the morning shootaround as usual with the squad.James endorsed Hillary Clinton and campaigned with her in Ohio. Several of his teammates, including Richard Jefferson, Iman Shumpert and others have expressed their disappointment about Trumps win.At the end of the day I hope hes one of the best presidents ever, for all of oour sake, James said.dddddddddddd. For my family, for all us.A team spokesman didnt say how many players opted not to stay in the team hotel and wasnt sure how James met up with the bus.Coach Tyronn Lue, who stayed with the team, was asked if it was odd to have the players split up on the road.Its not normal, but considering the circumstances thats what we have, Lue said. But thats not my main objective. My main thing is to try to get this team to stay on track and play the right way and try to get back on track by playing Cleveland Cavalier basketball.James wouldnt talk about Knicks President Phil Jackson, who angered the All-Star forward last month by referring to his friends and business partners in an ESPN interview as a posse. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen