Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

then striping his shot down the middle. He said there were no nerves or extra pressure on him in his first major and h

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 24.02.2019 14:54
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

GULLANE, Scotland - There was a point during Thursdays opening round when Graham DeLaet, having just three-putted the 15th hole, sat dejectedly on the edge of his golf bag. His eyes were targeted at the green where partners Jonas Blixt and Brian Davis were finishing up but you just knew his mind was elsewhere, likely trying to understand what was happening to him in his first round in a major championship. As he stood up, he gave the bag a swift boot, the only time he showed any frustration. Anyone who saw it would have wondered what took him so long. DeLaet came into his first major full of hope and good swings, but the treacherous Muirfield set up was full measure this day, almost to the point of being unfair. Off the tee, he wasnt bad at hitting the rock-hard fairways. There were a few loose iron shots too, but nothing too out of the ordinary (with the exception of the Hosel Rocket on the 10th). But on the slick greens it was another story. "I struggled with my speed all day," said DeLaet, still smiling despite the adventurous round of 76. "I felt like I didnt really have any birdie chances all day. I finally got one on eight and I ran it six feet past the hole and made bogey. Same thing on 14. Disappointing for sure." DeLaet, like so many other players in the field, left the course after the opening day of the Open Championship scratching his head about the greens. Player after player talked about the quickness of the putting surfaces, which turned from green to brown as the day went on. They also talked about suspect pin placements, some in stronger tones than others. No matter how softly putts were struck, they rolled out as if on ice. Lag putting may have been the most difficult shot of this day. DeLaet, who was cheered on by a good throng of Canadians, a few in Roughrider jerseys, started his day by listening to legendary first tee starter Ivor Robson announce his name and then striping his shot down the middle. He said there were no nerves or extra pressure on him in his first major and he appeared loose and at ease as he walked down the fairway. "I felt good," he said. "I was comfortable all day." As the day wore on, however, the frustrations of small misses that turned into tough shots grew with most of those happening on the greens. "I just wasnt hitting the shots that I needed to and the putting wasnt sharp even though I holed a few. It just felt like I had six, seven, eight feet for par on every hole. "I had a tap in for par on 17 and as I was tapping it in I was like I cant remember the last time I had a tap-in par." One of the strangest holes came on the 10th. After driving into a fairway bunker and landing in a deep rake furrow, he blasted out. But on his next shot he did the unmentionable. "I hoseled my third shot – I hit it straight off the hosel," he admitted, with an after-the-fact laugh. The ball squirted off to the right and ended up in some deep hay almost behind a scoreboard. A few years ago, a hole such as that or perhaps one of the three putts might have pushed DeLaet to frustration but on this day his maturity took over. "A couple of times I really wanted to hit driver on holes where I shouldnt have because I was frustrated so Im happy with that, but Ive got some work to do [on Friday]." Yes, he does, but at five over, DeLaet is easily within reach of extending his stay at Muirfield into the weekend. It will take improved putting and overall tightening of his shotmaking, but he seems to have the skills and the desire to make it happen. Discount Hoodies . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. Hoodies Outlet Free Shipping .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. http://www.cheaphoodiesfromchina.com/ . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. Wholesale Hoodies .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras. Cheap Hoodies Free Shipping . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display.Steph Houghton will proudly lead Manchester City into the Champions League this season but insists the club’s primary target this year is to win domestic silverware. City, who missed out on the league title to Chelsea on the final day of last season, won the Continental Cup in their inaugural year in 2014 and were runners-up in the same competition last term.Club captain Houghton was joined by England team-mate Toni Duggan to deliver season tickets and autographed shirts to two lucky families and the 27-year-old admits Manchester City want to challenge for the title again this year. The first two seasons have been fantastic for us and we want to build a team that plays attractive football, Houghton told Sky Sports News HQ.We need to get people to come and watch us and to hear that our season ticket sales have nearly doubled is very exciting, and its special for me and Toni to be able to come and deliver some season tickets to two families here. City won the Continental Cup in 2014 As a club were very excited to be playing against the best European teams and the best players in the Champions League but ultiimately on a domestic level we need to compete and thats our focus this year - to compete for all three trophies.ddddddddddddWe were so close to winning the league last year and hopefully this time we can go that one step further.City lost out to Chelsea in the race for last years title despite a final-day 2-1 win over Notts County Ladies, who they face in their FA WSL 1 season opener on Wednesday.It was a big game against them at the end of last season which could have gone one way or the other, Houghton said. The City skipper posing for post-match photos with fans It will be a tough game again but there will be a lot of tough games in this league. We wont take them lightly and we have to respect them.As a team, they also have a lot of internationals in their squad but mainly we have to focus on ourselves and play the football that we have been playing on the fantastic run we have been on since the Womens World Cup. Also See: SportsWomen Latest Show News Latest News SportsWomen Video ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen