Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

n doing since Ive been in the NBA.Westbrook is still averaging a triple-double for the season with averages

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 24.02.2019 14:53
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

The MLB All-Star break has arrived, and an array of the games finest have gathered in San Diego for Tuesday nights All-Star Game. It may have evolved into more of an exhibition over the past couple decades, but the game retains a great deal of personal, albeit mostly sentimental, meaning to me. The showdowns of the early 1970s continue to live in my minds eye, as the contemporary matchups will for a new generation of fans.Each game has its own unique cast of characters. Some players are perennials, while others are having their singular moment in the sun thanks to exuberant fan voting, an aberrant first half, the need for a club to have a representative, an injury -- you name it.As we did last season, lets rank every All-Star, including replacements and the players they replaced, by the relative likelihood that they would have made it to an All Star Game based on their respective amateur and minor league pedigrees. Throughout, I will reference my annual minor league position player and starting pitcher rankings, based on performance and age relative to league/level. Ive been preparing these lists since 1993; they basically serve as master follow lists, with the order tweaked afterward based on traditional scouting methods.The No-BrainersTen of the 17 no-brainers from last years list are back -- repeats are noted in parentheses -- with 12 new players joining them.1. Bryce Harper (repeat): Last years No. 1 repeats in that spot. Not much to be said here: When even casual baseball fans know your name not long after your first day of high school, youre the bluest of blue-chippers. Harper blasted through the minors, ranking No. 3 on my minor league position-player list after being drafted first overall at age 17, the definition of a slam dunk All-Star.2. Stephen Strasburg: The Nats sure did pick the right years to get the first overall pick. Strasburg, the first overall selection in 2009, raced through the minors as well, ranking fourth on my minor league pitching rankings in 2010. Harper rates a slight edge, as Strasburg didnt break into the national consciousness until the summer after his freshman college season.3. Kris Bryant (repeat): The second player taken in 2013, Bryant rampaged through the minors, ranking second on my minor league position-player list the following season. Highly regarded but unsignable out of high school, he put on quite a show at a Mariners pre-draft workout in 2010 when I was a member of their front office. Wholesale Jerseys China . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. Cheap NFL Store . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. http://www.cheapnfljerseysfastshipping.net/ . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. China Jerseys . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. OKLAHOMA CITY -- A few weeks ago, Michael Jordan helped induct Russell Westbrook into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame and called himself a fan of the Thunder guards game.Now, Westbrook has accomplished something no one has since Jordan -- he became the first player with five consecutive triple-doubles since Jordan had seven straight in 1989. Westbrook had 28 points, 17 rebounds and 12 assists on Sunday night, and the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the New Orleans Pelicans 101-92.The Thunder have won all five games during Westbrooks triple-double stretch, and 26 of 28 the past two years when he gets one. Westbrook said he doesnt worry about the numbers.I just play, honestly, he said. I dont want to get in a conversation of if Im going to do it every night. I just go out and compete at a high level every night, like Ive been doing since Ive been in the NBA.Westbrook is still averaging a triple-double for the season with averages of 31.0 points, 10.8 rebounds and 11.3 assists through 21 games. It was his 10th triple-double of the season and the 47th of his career.Hes more concerned with the fact that the Thunder have recovered from a rough stretch and improved to 13-8.I just like to win, brother, he said. Honestly, thats the most important part. Making sure my guys are good, and making sure everybodys happy with their games, and making sure we win the game.Enes Kanter had 17 points and 10 rebounds and Victor Oladipo added 15 points for the Thunder.Anthony Davis, the NBAs leading scorer, had 37 points and 15 rebounds for the Pelicans.Buddy Hield, who led nearby Oklahoma to the Final Four last season, scored 16 points in his first game back in the state. The last time he had played in Oklahoma, he scored 36 points to help the Sooners beat VCU and advance to the Sweet 16. In this game, he made 6 of 12 shots and 4 of 7 3-pointers.I havent felt like that in a long time, Hield said. Its so great to get back in there and get a rhythm and see the ball go through the net. Ive been struggling the last couple games, but I feel more confident.Oklahoma City led 49-41 at halftime. Westbrook had 12 points, nine reboundds and six assists at the break, and Davis kept the Pelicans in it with 24 points and 10 rebounds.ddddddddddddWestbrook threw down a vicious right-handed jam on a drive down the middle in the third quarter that gave Oklahoma City a 57-47 lead. He clinched the triple-double on an assist to Kanter for a dunk with 2:14 left in the third quarter. The Thunder took a 78-66 lead into the fourth quarter.Hield drained a 3-pointer to cut Oklahoma Citys lead to four with just under two minutes to go, but Westbrooks 3 with 51.3 seconds to go bumped the Thunders lead back to 99-92.We were still right there, and given the opportunity, Russells going to make a big play, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said. The big 3-pointer that he made was probably the difference in the game,TIP-INSPelicans: G Jrue Holiday started for just the third time this season. He missed the first 12 games while his wife, former U.S. womens national team soccer player Lauren Holiday, recovered from surgery to remove a benign brain tumor. ... The Pelicans shot just 36.7 percent from the field.Thunder: Made 14 of 15 2-point shots and missed all nine of their 3-pointers in the first quarter. ... C Steven Adams sprained his left ankle in the first quarter and did not return. ... The Thunder missed all 15 3-point attempts in the first half, then made 6 of 13 in the second. ... Westbrook leads active players in career triple-doubles.HAPPY BIRTHDAYThunder forward Andre Roberson scored 13 points on his 25th birthday. He made 6 of 8 shots and fell two points short of his career high.WELCOME BACKHield got a standing ovation when he checked in late in the first half.I have so much respect I have to pay to Oklahoma, he said. This is home to me. Every time I come back, they embrace me well, like the warm welcome they gave me. I had a lot of jitters.UP NEXTPelicans: Host the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday night.Thunder: Play at the Atlanta Hawks on Monday night.---Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CliffBruntAP . ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen