Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

s, and believes his issue is mechanical in his delivery.Mechanics get you to walk people and to give up long balls. Its so

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 24.02.2019 14:53
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

PULLMAN, Wash. -- Eight years ago, Washington walked off the field at Martin Stadium engulfed in a sea of crimson, its football program at the lowest point in its history.When they left that same field on Friday night, the Huskies were passing the Apple Cup trophy like a baton -- from teammate to teammate -- hoping its the first of a few trophies to be celebrated this year.Next up, perhaps a Pac-12 championship trophy. And after that, who knows what kind of hardware will be at stake for No. 6 Washington.I think the really good teams, the special teams can finish, Washington coach Chris Petersen said. The hard part about that is youre playing better teams here as we finish. And so the next team well play will be a really good and elite team. So its hard to finish, and then the one after that will be a really good team. Well figure all this out after were done playing, because we just feel like weve got some good football left.Washingtons dominant 45-17 win over No. 23 Washington State on Friday was complete affirmation of what Petersen has accomplished in three seasons in charge of the Huskies. More than just the Apple Cup and bragging rights within the state were at stake. A loss to the Cougars would have left Washington (11-1, 8-1 Pac-12) out of the Pac-12 title game and out of the College Football Playoff.It was a game of enormous magnitude. And its importance was seemingly met with a collective shrug by the Huskies, who rolled to a 28-3 lead in just 14 minutes, 37 seconds, and simply overwhelmed Washington State.It all comes back to the details that coach (Petersen) preaches. Just comes back to practice and how we study our opponents, all of that, Washington left tackle Trey Adams said.Washingtons first reward is a spot in the Pac-12 championship game on Friday against Colorado. Colorado was probably the preferred opponent, but Washington will miss out on a chance at revenge against Southern California after losing to the Trojans 26-13 this month.Its the reward waiting after next Friday that looms as being the ultimate statement of how far the Huskies have climbed since that 0-12 season in 2008. That lost season was punctuated by a loss to a Washington State team that finished 2-10.A win next Friday should put the Huskies into the CFP final four and a shot at the schools first national title since the Huskies were co-champs with Miami in 1991.I really dont care. Whoever we play, it will be awesome. Itll be a great game and great experience, Washington WR John Ross said.The loss to USC appeared to expose flaws hidden by Washingtons soft schedule through the first three quarters of the season. The pass rush disappeared. Quarterback Jake Browning was flustered and made careless mistakes. The 13 points Washington scored against the Trojans were the fewest in 21 games.This is why the last two games -- a blowout of Arizona State and the romp over Washington State -- eased those concerns and made the slog against USC appear as the outlier.Browning rediscovered the form that had him in the Heisman Trophy conversation earlier this season. He was 13 of 17 for 202 yards and three touchdowns in the first quarter alone Friday, and finished 21 of 29 for 292 yards. He has 40 TD passes for the season, joining Jared Goff and Marcus Mariota as the only Pac-12 QBs with 40 or more TD passes in a season.Equally important is a defense that stymied Arizona State, then held Washington State to its lowest output of points and yards since last years Apple Cup when quarterback Luke Falk was injured and didnt play. Washington made a trio of goal line stands and held the Cougars to a season-low 334 yards.It means a lot, but at the end of the day its about us. We didnt listen to the outside noise. We didnt let it leak into our locker room, Washington running back Lavon Coleman said. We were focused on getting ready to play a championship game with championship effort and take care of our business.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Scott Kingery Jersey .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Tommy Joseph Jersey . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. http://www.philliesrookiestore.com/Phillies-Tommy-Hunter-Kids-Jersey/ .ca. Kerry, Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count? All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. Jimmy Foxx Jersey .ca. Kerry, Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count? All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. Chuck Klein Jersey .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. SEATTLE -- For the attention Seattle has received this season for its power surge, its the inability to score runs through more traditional methods that has led to the Mariners slow start to the second half of the season.The Mariners again failed in two key situations with runners in scoring position on Tuesday night, stumbling to a 6-1 loss to the Chicago White Sox despite Robinson Canos 22nd home run of the season.While Cano was responsible for all of Seattles offense, he was also guilty of being unable to come through with a clutch two-out hit, striking out with runners on the corners in the fifth inning and the game tied 1-1.Do a better job with men in scoring position, I guess, Cano said. Lately, were only scoring with homers, we havent gotten lately a hit to get an RBI.Seattle needed an unlikely three-run homer from Adam Lind to win the opener of the series with the White Sox and Canos shot off Chicago starter Jose Quintana in the fourth inning pulled the Mariners even at 1-1.But Quintana got the better of Cano an inning later in a key situation and also worked out of a bases loaded jam in the sixth. Quintana gave up a leadoff single to Nelson Cruz and loaded the bases after a walk to Chris Iannetta and hitting Leonys Martin on the elbow with two outs in the sixth. Quintana fell behind to Daniel Robertson, but got the young outfielder to fly out to center to end the threat.A couple of innings I was in trouble, but I tried to make (the) critical pitch and get out of trouble, Quintana said.Quintana (8-8) allowed six hits in six innings and struck out seven. Hes won his last three starts after going 0-7 over a span of nine starts from the middle of May until the end of June.Hes good. He moves the ball well around the plate -- hes on the edges, Seattle manager Scott Servais said. His stuff was good. We had some chances, but we just couldnt get the big two-out hit.Seattle got a solid performance from Wade Miley, but the lefty lost his fifth straight start, his last win coming on June 7. It was a better performance than his last start before the All-Star break where Miley (6-7) allowed 10 hits and four runs against Kansas City.ddddddddddddMelky Cabrera snapped the 1-1 tie with a solo home run leading off the seventh and J.B. Shuck added an RBI single later in the inning off reliever Tom Wilhelmsen. Miley gave up three runs and struck out four, also giving up Brett Lawries solo home run in the second inning.Definitely felt a whole lot better, a lot more comfortable. Felt like I was more in rhythm, Miley said. It was really two mistakes. Both of them got hit in the seats. Two hanging curveballs, just got to get those pitches down. For the most part I felt like I threw the ball well. Thats it, two mistakes.BULLPEN ISSUEJoaquin Benoit took over in the ninth with Seattle trailing 3-1, but quickly saw Chicagos lead expand. Benoit walked the leadoff hitter then gave up a two-run homer to Todd Frazier, his 27th. Benoit was charged with three runs and recorded just two outs, and believes his issue is mechanical in his delivery.Mechanics get you to walk people and to give up long balls. Its something that I have to work on. Hopefully when I get into the meaningful games, those things dont happen, he said.TRAINERS ROOMWhite Sox: C Alex Avila (hamstring) has started his rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte. Avila was 1 for 2 with a double on Tuesday.Mariners: SS Ketel Marte was out of the lineup for the second straight day with illness. Servais was hopeful Marte would be able to get back in the lineup on Wednesday.UP NEXTWhite Sox: Miguel Gonzalez (2-5) makes his 14th start of the season. Gonzalez is just 1-2 over his last three starts but has a 2.25 ERA during that time.Mariners: Felix Hernandez (4-4) makes his first start since May 27 after landing on the DL with a calf injury. Hernandez had two rehab starts in the minors before returning to the rotation. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen