Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ds with one interception as the Cardinals set a school record and came within 13 yards of the ACC record with 845

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 18.02.2019 08:51
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- For most of this season the Patriots have been able to dominate with a quick strike offense that also pushed around opponents in the trenches.In Sunday nights 31-23 loss to the Seahawks, they ran into a Seattle team that reminded them what true physical football is all about.After struggling at times early this season, the Seahawks defense rediscovered the hard-hitting calling card that has made it one of the NFLs most imposing units the past few years.Seattle gave up three rushing touchdowns to LeGarrette Blount, but held Tom Brady without a passing touchdown for the first time this season. It also kept Brady uncomfortable all night, and had a barrage of bruising hits on several of his teammates, including Rob Gronkowski, who was briefly staggered in the second quarter after a hard hit by Earl Thomas.Gronk finished with three catches for 56 yards.That was a big hit for sure, probably one of the hardest I got hit in my career, he said. By a good fast player who hits like a missile. It was a good hit. I just got the wind knocked out of me. It was a little tough to breathe, once it comes back you are good.I have no problem with it. He hit me fair and square. Its football. You are going to get laid up eventually.Brady himself was walking a little gingerly after a sneak attempt on the Patriots final drive, but said it didnt have an impact on his final pass to Gronkowski that sailed over his head in the end zone.A lot of guys are playing through pain out there, he said.The Seahawks also made game-saving plays on back-to-back series in the fourth quarter.First, with his team nursing a one-point lead, Kam Chancellor thwarted a Patriots drive when he forced Julian Edelmans fumble inside the Seattle 40 to set up the Seahawks final touchdown.Then, on New Englands ensuing series, the defense denied the Patriots fourth straight times inside the 2. It included that fourth-and-1 pass from Brady to Gronkowski that was defended by Chancellor as both players crashed to the turf.Honestly, we always try to hit. Its football, Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman said. Any time you can put your pads on, you try to hit. And having Kam out there makes a big difference. Kam put some hits on guys ... and Earl also put some huge hits on guys. ... Thats how we play.Its a physical sport. This isnt a finesse sport. So you hit him as much as you can and see who wins.Chancellor said the exact same scenario played out earlier this week in practice, with scout team player Marcus Lucas playing the role of Gronk.He did the same exact route and we both fell and hit the ground, Chancellor said. I actually got my hand on the ball that time -- but he didnt push me. It was just a little different.Patriots coach Bill Belichick said that there must be improvement in all phases going forward. But the Patriots wont have much time to recover, with a cross-country trip to San Francisco up next.We talked about it the last two weeks, how this game was going to go all the way down to the last play. We knew it was going to be similar to the last game, safety Devin McCourty said.We knew both teams were going to fight, no matter what happened in the game. They were going to just keep fighting and go blow for blow. We were prepared for it. But they just made a couple of more plays than us and thats what decided the game.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Kyle Hightower on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/khightower Marcel Halstenberg Jersey . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. Marc-Andre ter Stegen Jersey . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. http://www.germanysoccerpro.com/Thomas-Muller-Germany-Jersey/ . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. Toni Kroos Jersey . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Emre Can Jersey . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- After falling behind early, Syracuse was trying to rally in the third quarter against No. 13 Louisville, and the Carrier Dome crowd was alive as the Cardinals faced a third-and-18.Lamar Jackson then did what he does best.The Cardinals elusive sophomore quarterback ripped off a 33-yard run to again stun the Orange on a night of big plays. Louisville didnt extend its lead, but in the end it didnt matter.Jackson ran for four touchdowns and threw for another, and the Cardinals routed Syracuse 62-28 on Friday night in the ACC opener for both teams. Jackson tallied 610 total yards, the most by a player in a game in ACC history.?He had a great game, Louisville coach Bobby Petrino said. What I was most pleased with was how well he prepared for the game. He worked extremely hard all week. He did a great job executing. He threw the ball around and ran real well. He did a great job of everything we asked him to do.Jackson, the national offensive player of the week for his performance in the opener against Charlotte, a 70-14 victory, picked up right where he left off. He hit a wide-open James Quick for a 72-yard score on the games first play from scrimmage to put the Orange defense on its heels.The elusive Jackson followed with a dazzling 72-yard touchdown run, and he also hit Jaylen Smith for 61 yards and Jamari Staples for 55 in the opening spree.Im not sure anybody could catch him, Syracuse coach Dino Babers said. You get mad because they couldnt catch the guy. Hes the fastest guy on the football field. He got into space. I saw him outrun contain with three guys who were exactly where they were supposed to be. He should have got tackled for a 2-yard loss, and he runs all the way to the other sideline and steps out of bounds.Jackson, who was rarely pressured by a Syracuse defense that was content to lay back, also scored on runs of seven, 72 and 13 yards to give Louisville a 28-7 lead after one quarter. He had 108 yards rushing and 207 yards passing as the Cardinals (2-0) outgained the Orange 352-98 in the period, then tacked on a 9-yard scoring run in the second for a 35-7 lead. That was one for the highlight reels, with Jackson displaying hurdler-like ability with a leap over a Syracuse defender at the goal line.I had to take flight, score and get into the end zone, Jackson said. I think I did something like that in high school. I feel like I can score [on any play]. I feel I can get my team in the end zone on anyy play.ddddddddddddJackson finished with 199 yards rushing on 21 carries and was 20-for-39 passing for 411 yards with one interception as the Cardinals set a school record and came within 13 yards of the ACC record with 845 yards offensively. It was the most ever allowed by Syracuse, eclipsing the mark of 654 by West Virginia in 1993.Eric Dungey was 25-for-51 for 255 yards passing and scored on a 1-yard run late in the third quarter for the Orange.Syracuse (1-1) tried to claw its way back with a pair of scores late in the second, both by wideout Amba Etta-Tawo in the final three minutes of the period.In the opener against Charlotte, Jackson accounted for eight touchdowns and 405 yards in the first half, then sat the second. No breather on this hot night inside the Carrier Dome.The Cardinals moved up six spots in the AP poll after their lopsided victory over Charlotte. Jackson accounted for a stunning 405 yards and eight touchdowns, six passing in the first half of that game. Another jump is on the way next week.THE TAKEAWAYLOUISVILLE: The Cardinals proved the opening week was no fluke. Theyre for real, and as long as Jackson stays healthy, the Atlantic Division promises to be more interesting. Jacksons only concern on offense might be his receivers, who had six drops in the first half and more in the second.STAT LINE: Louisville averaged 10.4 yards per play.HE SAID IT: I did good, I guess, but I still have some improvement. I threw a lot of bad balls. Lot of bad reads, but I think I did alright. -- Lamar JacksonSYRACUSE: The defense wasnt tested in the opener against FCS Colgate. After facing Louisville, the Orange have a lot of work ahead on both sides of the ball, but they showed some grit by not caving under the early barrage. The up-tempo offense of Babers gained 426 yards and ran 93 plays, and the Orange have found a go-to guy in Etta-Tawo, who has 19 catches for 314 yards in two games. The Orange also could use some semblance of a run game after gaining just 104 yards on 39 carries, its second straight subpar performance.UP NEXTLOUISVILLE: The Cardinals get their first true test of the young season when they host No. 3 Florida State on Sept. 17.SYRACUSE: The Orange host South Florida on Sept. 17, their third straight home game.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.? Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen