Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

There were a lot of red flags that deserved a follow-up from the NFL regarding the initial police report Molly Bro

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 10.12.2018 13:02
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

LAS VEGAS -- Before DAngelo Russell showed off the ice in his veins in the Los Angeles Lakers 70-69 win over the Philadelphia 76ers, Jerami Grant had the highlight of the most-hyped matchup of Las Vegas Summer League on Saturday.Midway through the third quarter, T.J. McConnell drove downhill on the left side of the floor as Grant ran the right sideline and cut toward the rim. McConnell dished a no-look pass to Grant, who took one dribble past Brandon Ingram, launched into the air and dunked on a rotating Ivica Zubac.Ive been working on my explosiveness, Grant said. I saw him under there and I just went for it. ... I knew if he jumped, I was going to dunk on him. I didnt expect him to actually jump.Grant got up so high that his right leg cleared Zubacs head, reminiscent of Vince Carters infamous dunk over French center Frédéric Weis in the 2000 Olympics.It was unbelievable, Sixers summer league coach Lloyd Pierce said. Jerami is a special athlete. It was a great play. It was a momentum play for us at that time. I think we ended up going [16] points up.Zubac, a native Croatian, couldnt help but laugh at himself afterward, admitting that he wasnt expecting Grant to posterize him.We dont have that in Europe, Zubac said. I thought he was going to pump fake, so I didnt jump, and then he jumped on me.When told that someone had changed his Wikipedia page to say he had died Saturday after Grant dunked on him, Zubac smirked and agreed.I did a little bit, Zubac said.Larry Nance Jr., who had several impressive dunks of his own on Saturday, believes the dunk can be a learning experience for Zubac. Next time the rookie center rotates over toward a cutter, he will either aggressively attempt to block the dunk or take a foul.Yeah, he got dunked on. Everybody does, Nance Jr. said. Jerami is a terrific athlete. I told him when he got dunked on, Ill get him back for you. I did. Thats my center, I got his back.We told him next time somebody goes up on you like that, make your presence felt. Nothing dirty, but just make sure he knows youre there. Cheap Colorado Avalanche Jerseys . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. Cheap San Jose Sharks Jerseys . Pierce was ejected in the third quarter of Indianas 103-86 win Monday. George Hill stole a bad pass and was going in for a layup, and Pierce hustled back and appeared to be trying to wrap him up. http://www.cheapnhloutletjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-vancouver-canucks-jerseys . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. Authentic NHL Gear Store .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. Cheap Nashville Predators Jerseys . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. Kicker Josh Brown has been released by the New York Giants, but the NFLs issues when it comes to handling cases of domestic violence are far from over.The complications seem clear for the NFL, which was hoping for a fresh start with a revised conduct policy following the Ray Rice fiasco. For one, the league is not in a position to fully investigate allegations of domestic violence and is completely reliant on facts to become known -- such as Browns journal, in this instance. Second, the league is realizing these cases have too many mitigating circumstances to stick to the firm six-game minimum penalty standard.A police report is like a snapshot of a moment. You cant take it as the complete truth because it simply states whats known at a specific moment. There were a lot of red flags that deserved a follow-up from the NFL regarding the initial police report Molly Brown filed, but its clear the league can only do so much.According to NFL disciplinary officer Todd Jones and a statement the league put out after issuing a one-game suspension to Brown in August, the NFL didnt have enough evidence to suspend Brown for six games. Witnesses didnt cooperate and police departments wouldnt speak to the league.To be clear: While the NFLs 2014 code of conduct policy calls for a six-game minimum suspension in cases of domestic violence, it also stipulates that aggravating and mitigating factors be taken into account. In Browns case, the league felt there were far too many to hand out six games.Sometimes that mitigation may not be a fact; it may be the lack of a fact, Jones said in an interview after the one-game suspension was announced.And thats how Molly Browns understandable refusal to meet with NFL investigators became a mitigating factor in an abuse case.It wasnt supposed to be this way.The NFL has an incredible amount of control over how it disciplines player conduct. The league went to the mat with Tom Brady over deflated footballs, spending nearly $20 million in legal fees, according to ESPNs Darren Rovell. The league fines players tens of thousands for celebrating with prolonged gyrations or wearing cleats too colorful to fit within the rulebook.?Discipline is one thing. But actual investigations?As it turns out, investigations arent any easier for the NFL than for law enforcement. Welcome to the murky world of domestic viiolence cases.dddddddddddd Prosecutors dont often bring charges without a cooperating witness, and most alleged victims have reasons not to press the case -- whether they fear retaliation or dont want to break up a family or have hope that the perpetrator wont ever hurt them again.Victims dont want to talk to the NFL any more than they want to talk to cops. Probably less, in fact. Molly Brown didnt, and neither did Colleen Crowley after former Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was pulled over in Ohio. The NFL investigated that case -- when multiple people called 911 to report a reckless driver -- and the NFL cleared Manziel. Crowley later alleged that he hit her hard enough to cause temporary deafness in one ear. That case is still pending.Jones said NFL investigators cant get to much information that isnt part of the public record. But the league did have access to the Josh Brown police file that?contained statements from Molly Brown saying the abuse happened 20 times and a police officer at the scene who said, on the record, that Molly Brown seemed fearful.Do you believe her? Do you believe any alleged victim? Or do you only believe it if she presses charges or agrees to cooperate and says it again to you? Or do you not believe her at all, accepting only video evidence or the painful admissions of a man in therapy?Jones also points to the importance of being fair to players and employees, who are the only people the NFL can compel to cooperate with these investigations.Advocates for victims of domestic violence are concerned that the league isnt giving the word of alleged victims enough weight, and that they have been unfairly characterized by people in the league. Subtle and not-so-subtle victim-blaming is fairly common. Meanwhile, Rene Renick, the VP of programs for the National Network to End Domestic Violence, is concerned about a team culture that supported Brown despite the abuse.I look forward to the day when other teammates say, Thats not OK and I dont want to take the field with you, and that takes a change of culture, she said.An elevator video and a written confession make this much simpler, but the NFL and investigators are unlikely to find many such smoking guns. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen