Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

14 in the world. Verma has won both the previous encounters between them but those came at the junior level in 2011 & 2012. Gop

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 05.12.2018 06:20
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

It will be great to be busy on a SundayPullela Gopichand allows a mild chuckle to chase that sentence before it arrives at a full stop. He isnt just a man of a few words but even those that leave his mouth are carefully chosen. Gopi, as he is universally called, is already acclaimed as one of Indias most celebrated sports coaches. On Saturday, two of his wards added luster to his aura by producing compelling performances in Hong Kong.Watching from home in Hyderabad as he has chosen not to travel for this tournament, all Gopi would say was excited and pleased to see what unfolded.P V Sindhu bossed her semifinal against local girl Cheung Ngan Yi in straight games to enter her second straight Superseries final. But then, after her exploits in Rio, Sindhu producing strong performances is no longer a surprise. It was the 22-year old that preceded her on court- Sameer Verma - another product of the now famed Gopichand stable in Hyderabad, who captivated the arena and those watching on TV with a jaw dropping effort.With a world ranking of 43, Verma quelled a man ranked 40 places above him in Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark. He walked on to court as a virtual unknown, but after 46 minutes, when he walked off it, Verma had become the latest addition to Indias emerging sporting stars.The last few weeks I have been working with Sameer and it feels so good to see him perform, Gopichand told ESPN. It is always good to see your players perform when it really matters, on the big stage in a semifinal and give themselves a chance to play the final.Jan has been playing well but having said that he looked a bit vulnerable today. He made a few mistakes, he looked a little nervous in the end game which is what Sameer capitalised on. Also, lots of credit to Sameer for retrieving the way he did and he was able to pull out those pressure points which was very important.Sameer has the strokes and capabilities. He is a tricky player with some quick short action strokes that makes him very effective. I think some of the strokes that he played in the end were risky in the sense he really hit the lines. It was very good for us to watch but on another day had they gone out he would have said I shouldnt have played that. It was very brave of him to play the strokes that he played in end, thats the way he is. He is somebody who I believe with maturity will get stronger.Gopi first came across Verma as a 15-year old in 2009. He remembers his elder brother Sourabh, a badminton pro himself who is ranked 45 at the moment asking Gopi, Bhaiya, I have my brother with me and he wants to join, can I bring him along? Gopi agreed and the younger Verma didnt take long to catch his eye. He had an unorthodox game and a knack of smartly seeing angles that Gopi believes can be effective at the top level of the sport.There were challenges too as young Sameer would often get homesick and want to go to his family in Dhar, Madhya Pradesh. However, Gopi persisted and that inherent ability he spotted in the shy teenager has now burst on to the world stage. In Sundays final he will be confronted by local player NG Ka Long Angus, ranked 14 in the world. Verma has won both the previous encounters between them but those came at the junior level in 2011 & 2012. Gopi expects Angus to provide much stiffer opposition on Sunday.The match wont be as fast paced as it was in the semifinal, he predicts. It will be tricky because Angus has been performing well. He has the local pressure but can also count on the support. Sameer also has no expectations but it is also a big match for him, so we will have to see who holds their nerve.While Vermas breakthrough over the course of the week has been a matter of immense pride, the rapid development in P V Sindhus craft has given Gopi great satisfaction too. Sindhu has won three of her four matches in Hong Kong this week in straight games and has a visible swagger on court as she oozes with confidence. Not only is she moving fluidly, making the most of her intimidating wingspan, Sindhus expanding her arsenal of shots.For instance, on match point in her semifinal Sindhu jumped and executed the reverse drop, a shot Gopi says they have practiced but never used before in a match situation. Another stroke that his caught his eye in the course of the match against Yi was a retrieving move from the backhand lane that Sindhu pulled crosscourt. To Gopis ever observant eyes these are sure signs of Sindhus evolution as a player as she adds muscle and variety to her game.Although she trails 3-4 in the head to head against her opponent in Sundays final - Taiwans Tai Tzu Ying - the last time the two met, Sindhu dismantled Ying in straight games at the Rio Olympics. Gopi expects another fierce clash, though he anoints Sindhu as the favourite on current form.It is going to be interesting because back then Sindhu was the underdog but here in a way the roles are reversed, he says. Tai is a very tricky player and she has beaten Carolina Marin (World Number One and Olympic champion) to reach the final. The match at the Olympics will be at the back of the minds of both players. Tai will want revenge and Sindhu will want to stamp her authority. Cheap Wholesale Jordans Free Shipping . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. Wholesale Jordans For Sale . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. http://www.wholesalejordans.us/ . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing room for a celebration nine seasons in the making. Wholesale Jordans Shoes Free Shipping .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. Cheap Jordans For Sale Wholesale . However, he did make them miss him a little less. Cundiff, who had the unenviable job of replacing Dawson last season, agreed Thursday to a one-year, $1. The story till thenPT Usha made her first impression on the world stage by clinching two silver medals, in the 100 and 200 metres, at the 1982 Asian Games in New Delhi. Two years later, at the Los Angeles Olympics, she came within 1/100th of a second of becoming the first Indian to win an athletics medal at the Olympics, heartbreakingly finishing fourth in the 400m hurdles. A year later she set the Asian Track and Field championships in Jakarta ablaze by taking five gold medals.The moment By the time the 1986 Asian Games in Seoul came along, 22-year-old Usha was at the peak of her powers. She decimated the field to win a historic five medals - four golds and one silver - a record for a single athlete at any international meet. Ushas gold medals came in the 200m, 400m, 400m hurdles and the 4x400m relay, while she had to settle for silver behind Lydia de Vega of Philippines in the 100m, losing the race by a wafer-thin margin. She won the 400m and 400m hurdles by huge margins over the field and each of her gold medals came in Asian Games record-breaking timings. She became a massive star in Korea with the crowds chanting her name every time she stepped out to compete.The reaction I must say I am satisfied with whaat I have achieved.dddddddddddd All what I aimed for, except the Olympic medal, I achieved. - PT UshaExpert view By the time she walked away with four gold medals and a silver from the Seoul Asian Games, a grateful nation had identified itself with the long-striding girl from Kerala. From then on, every aspiring girl athlete wanted to follow in the footsteps of PT Usha. Ushas name became synonymous with Indian athletics, nay Indian sports. - KP Mohan, veteran athletics journalistThe story since A heel injury meant Usha was unable to accomplish her cherished dream of winning an Olympic medal in 1988. She did continue to be a force at the Asian Games though, clinching two silver medals at the 1990 Beijing Games and another one after returning from retirement at the 1994 Hiroshima Games as part of the 4x400 metres relay team. Usha now runs an athletics academy in her home state of Kerala and among her wards is Tintu Luka, who reached the 800 metre semi-finals at the London Olympics in 2012 and has also qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics.Recommended reading Golden Girl by Lokesh Sharma cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen