Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

a Hyde-less 49ers offense to 61 yards on 15 carries in the rematch. Getting the running game untracked early a

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 02.12.2018 06:58
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Ten first-time Olympians. Six players who had never played a game for the senior national team before they got here. The shock to the system of three single-digit games in one single Olympics wasnt all that surprising to USA Basketball officials once you did the roster math.So thats why USAB chairman Jerry Colangelo didnt need a lot of time Sunday night, after the medals were handed out here in Rio, to make an immediate declaration about the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.We cant go back again with 10 new players, Colangelo said. Thats not going to happen.For me, he added with unmistakable relief, Im glad we got past this.Colangelo was grateful, mostly, for the presence of the few wise old heads who did make the trip to these Olympics. There they sat in front of the worlds media at the postgame podium from left to right: Mike Krzyzewski, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony.The three men most responsible for Team USAs surviving the absence of all the starry names that, because of injury or a mere desire for extra rest, didnt make themselves available this summer: LeBron James,?Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Damian Lillard, Kawhi Leonard, LaMarcus Aldridge, et al.Its not just how they played but how they acted and how unselfish they were, Krzyzewski said of vets Durant and Anthony. Im amazed at these guys.Melos for sure the leader, Team USA sixth man Paul George offered. Hes the voice of this team.We dont have enough time, Colangelo said of the outgoing coach, to talk about how much he has meant to our program.Hard as it was to keep track of all the understandable praise flying around, Sundays gold-medal dismantling of Serbia was ultimately Durants day. He managed to trump the retiring Coach K (who leaves his post with a record of 88-1) and the record-setting Anthony (who became the first mens basketball player in Olympic history to win three golds) with a performance on par with the 30 points he uncorked in the 2012 gold-medal game in London.At least it was until Krzyzewski pointed out that the better parallel was mentally rewinding to the 2010 FIBA World Championship in Turkey, Durants maiden stint with the national team as part of a super-untested roster.To me, what he did in Istanbul is what he did today, Krzyzewski said, recalling the long-range treys Durant made such a habit of sinking at the 2010 Worlds. The coaching staff was saying that. In fact he took two shots farther than he ever did in Istanbul. Its called the ultimate green light.The Americans won their final three games in group play in these Olympics by a mere 16 points combined. In the victories over Serbia and France, Durant took nine shots combined.In the knockout portion of the tournament, Team USA beat Argentina, Spain and Serbia by a total of 63 points, with Durants offensive aggressiveness standing out as the clear difference.I wasnt being myself, Durant admitted. Coach sat me down and showed me some film from 2010 and he said, I want to see that guy again.Said Colangelo, referring to the considerable debate sparked back home by Durants move to the Golden State Warriors and the resulting Durant duress he says hes seen with his own eyes: This was good for him. For his psyche.Durant, for the record, doesnt dispute that diagnosis.But he left Brazil looking positively buoyant, which the Warriors must love seeing as much as USABs elders.I cant let anybody steal my joy, Durant said, presumably addressing critics of his free-agency decisions. [Former Thunder assistant and current Team USA assistant] Monty Williams used to tell me that every day; dont let anybody steal my joy.Anthony knows the feeling. He spent much of these Olympics fielding questions about his belief that a third gold medal takes his resume to the same stratosphere as an NBA championship ring would. But now hes done playing defense for the summer and insists he, too, has zero future plans to listen to anyone eager to challenge the contention.Of course it wasnt as easy as we would have liked, Melo said. [But] this journey that we had here in Rio, starting in [Las] Vegas, you cant ask for nothing more than that.Said Durant: Im on cloud nine right now for sure.That was evident at the local airport, before Team USA boarded its flight back to the States, when Durant thrust himself into an Anthony interview with SportsCenter and bellowed: Hes coming back in 2020, baby.Except that Anthony really isnt. Nor is Krzyzewski, who steps aside at last -- one Olympics later than he originally planned -- to let San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich take over as head coach for the next four years.Durant, at 27, is obviously still on his upward arc, as good as he looked when it mattered most down here. But an era ended Sunday in South America for USAB.Ready or not.Ive seen both sides of it, Anthony said. Ive seen the losing side [in the 2004 Olympics in Athens] and Ive seen what it feels like to win three gold medals.I wouldnt trade that, for anything in the world. Air Max Wholesale China Free Shipping . -- Teemu Selanne scored the first goal of his 22nd NHL season, and the Anaheim Ducks extended the best start in franchise history with their fifth straight victory, 3-2 over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. Air Max Wholesale Free Shipping . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. http://www.airmaxfreeshipping.com/ .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. Cheap Nike Air Max Free Shipping .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Nike Air Max Free Shipping Worldwide . Andreas Johnson had a goal and two assists while Jacob de la Rose also scored for Sweden (2-0-0). Esa Lindell and Rasmus Ristolainen replied for Finland (1-1-0) Lindell opened the scoring for Finland just 41 seconds into the game, but the hosts quickly regained their composure and tied the score less than four minutes later on Wennbergs first of the game. SEATTLE -- When the 2016 NFL schedule was announced, a Week 3 visit from their downtrodden division rivals appeared to be the least of the Seahawks concerns in the opening month of the season.But after scoring a total of 15 points through a 1-1 start, Seattle (1-1) is admittedly searching for answers as to how to fix its suddenly inept offense ahead of Sundays 4:05 p.m. ET game against the San Francisco 49ers (1-1) at CenturyLink Field.At the heart of the problem is an offensive line that has only one starter returning at the same spot from the group that helped the Seahawks average 28 points in the final eight games of last season. The overhauled offensive line contributed to quarterback Russell Wilson suffering an ankle injury against Miami in the season opener, and last week the playbook was of the rollouts and zone-reads that have made him so dangerous through his first three NFL seasons.The Seahawks lone touchdown came on a late fourth-quarter drive to avoid a massive home upset against the Dolphins, and coach Pete Carroll admitted he is concerned about everything from the line to the imbalance between the running and passing games to the inability to convert on third down (31 percent).I never could have thought that we would go the first couple weeks and not score but one touchdown, Carroll said. Im just surprised at that. Were better than that.Wilson insists the offense is not far off at all, and part of the tonic could be the San Francisco defense, which surrendered 46 points at Carolina last week after pitching a shutout at home against St. Louis in the season opener.What Seattle still appears to have is a suffocating defense that ranks first in points allowed (9.5 per game) and total yards allowed (248.5) while ranking third (64.0 against the rush) and fourth (184.5) against the pass. Seattle dominated the series last season, winning the two matchups by a combined score of 49-16. And while 49ers coach Chip Kellys scheme is new to San Francisco, the Seahawks showed they can handle the up-tempo style in a 24-14 victory at Philadelphia in 2014.Yeah, we have looked at it, but I dont know how relevant it is, Kelly said. Its obviously different personnel here, different scheme here in terms of who we are. Theres a lot of the same faces there which is one of the reasons theyre such a good defense. But we look at everything. So weve probably got 10 or 15 games that we looked at in terms of preparing for Seattle. But I dont know how relevant that matchup was in terms of what were going to do on Sunday.The 49ers have averaged 27.5 points through two games, but the passing game ranks just 28th and Kelly has acknowledged that quarterback Blaine Gabbert has left some big plays on the table. At the same time, the teams offensive personnel is still adjusting to the scheme change and Kelly said part of the struggles are alsoo due to poorly-run routes and some protection issues.ddddddddddddSometimes its not the quarterbacks fault. Its a combination of everything, Kelly said. Theres a lot thats involved in all of that and I think being good in the passing game on the offensive side of the ball takes all 11 guys.Offensive coordinator Curtis Modkins said the 49ers have to get back to basics, and Kelly debunked the notion that the 49ers are always going to run an up-tempo attack.Thats a misconception we talk about all the time, Kelly said. We dont try to operate at a very quick pace, and dont try to run more plays than other people run. Just trying to take advantage of what the defense is.The Seahawks limited running back Carlos Hyde to 40 yards on 11 carries in the first meeting, and a Hyde-less 49ers offense to 61 yards on 15 carries in the rematch. Getting the running game untracked early and keeping Gabbert out of dangerous down-and-distance situations in a tough road environment is critical.The Seahawks secondary is probably the best in the league, Kelly said. Theyve got three perennial Pro Bowl players (cornerback Richard Sherman and safeties Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas). Theyve got a scheme that those guys have been in for a long time.Youve got (defensive ends Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril) in that group in the front. Youve got two of the best inside linebackers (K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner). ... So theyve got playmakers at every level. Theres not a lot of inexperience when youre going against this group.The 49ers defense doesnt boast nearly the same crop of household names, and San Francisco struggled to stop the run or the pass in Carolina after its Week 1 stomping of the Rams. Seattle desperately wants to get its ground game going to ease the burden on Wilson and the pass blocking, but the availability of Thomas Rawls (leg contusion) might not be known until game day, which could leave the brunt of the work again to Christine Michael, who is averaging 5.0 yards per carry but also had a game-ending fumble against the Rams.Wide receivers Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett are also recovering from knee injuries in the physical clash against the Rams, and rookie running back C.J. Prosise is also trying to return from a broken bone in a wrist that sidelined him last week.On the positive front, tight end Jimmy Graham had three receptions last week as he continues to work closer to full strength after knee surgery. His presence could help thwart the pass rush and help Seattle improve on numbers like converting on just 4 of 13 third-down opportunities last week, including only one of greater than six yards.Thats still the key, and converting and creating a new set of downs and all that is crucial, Carroll said. Chiefs Jerseys China Cheap Nike Chargers Jerseys Cheap Nike Raiders Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys China Cheap Nike Giants Jerseys Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Redskins Jerseys China Cheap Nike Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys China Cheap Vikings Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Panthers Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Saints Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike Buccaneers Jerseys Cardinals Jerseys China Cheap Rams Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Nike 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys China Bears Jerseys China Cheap Nike Bills Jerseys Ravens Jerseys China Wholesale Falcons Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen