Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

t with our footy.Were impatient, we want it to happen sooner rather than later.Hopefully (Sunday) was a turning of the form.The

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 25.11.2018 01:36
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has changed his stance on how he views concussions now that hes had one.Newton, who just last month downplayed concerns over the long-term effects of repeated blows to the head, said Wednesday that he now better understands that concussions are real.Speaking publicly for the first time about the concussion he sustained Oct. 2 against the Atlanta Falcons, the leagues reigning MVP said he needs to be more careful in the future, calling the hit preventable. In the fourth quarter with the Panthers down two scores Newton purposely -- and inexplicably -- appeared to slow down as he approached the end zone on a 2-point conversion run.That allowed Falcons linebacker Deion Jones to hit Newton from the side. Newton said he never saw Jones coming.Newton doesnt remember reaching out the ball to score anyway, saying thats when I knew I was messed up.He left the game and did not return.He sat out the following week against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as well with concussion-related symptoms.After watching the play on film Newton said, I was like, `just run through the (dang) end zone, Cam.While Newton said he intends to be more careful to eliminate unnecessary hits, he doesnt see his first career concussion changing the way he plays the game.I look at certain quarterbacks throughout the league and say, `Dang, I wish I could do that. Man, I wish I could win football games and make it look so cool like Tom Brady. Man, I wish I had the throwing accuracy or throwing style like a Matt Stafford or Aaron Rodgers, said Newton, who has run for more touchdowns than QB in league history. But my edge is running the football inside the tackle. If somebody tries to take that away from me, for what it is, thats me. Thats going forever be my edge in this league.The 6-foot-5, 245-pound Newton only ran the ball twice in Carolinas 41-38 loss to the New Orleans on Oct. 16 -- his first game back from the concussion. But he said that wont necessarily be the game plan when the Panthers host the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.I know everybody was watching and saying `Well, how many times is Cam going to run? Thats me. Thats who I am. I would prefer to be involved in the game, Newton said.Newton said his ability to run makes defense prepare for extra things.So when you take that away, then the defense is like, `Yes! We dont have to prepare for a (running) quarterback, Newton said. So Im trying to find any and every way to create edges for us.In the past, Newton has downplayed concerns about concussions.After the sixth-year quarterback took four helmet-to-helmet hits in a season-opening loss to the Denver Broncos, Newton said at a press conference he wasnt worried about the long-term effects of cumulative hits to the head.Im not here to worry about retirement plans, Newton said on Sept. 14. Im not here to worry about pensions. Im not here to worry about workers (compensation). Im here to win football games, simple and plain.Newton is thinking differently now.He said he can relate to what Panthers offensive tackle Michael Oher is going through. Oher is expected to miss his fourth straight game on Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals because of a concussion.Newton said he is even considering doing something to help educate younger football players and coaches about the dangers of concussions through his work with his foundation.At (the NFL) level, they are focusing on it, Newton said. But in Pee Wee ball, or high school football, that is what turns my stomach because they are being taught by some people who dont really know football.Newton said one thing is for sure -- he doesnt want another concussion.I aint never had that feeling (before), Newton said. I dont want it to happen to me or nobody else.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Authentic MLB Gear Store . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. China MLB Jerseys . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. http://www.cheapmlbjerseysoutlet.com/?tag=cheap-atlanta-braves-jerseys . -- Catcher Brett Hayes has agreed to a $630,000, one-year contract with the Kansas City Royals, avoiding salary arbitration. Cheap Washington Nationals Jerseys . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. Cheap Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys . LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. St Kilda were at their best and most frustrating all in one quarter during Sundays AFL win over Melbourne.Instead of killing the Demons off in the third term, they somehow managed to lose ground.First they missed some easy shots on goal, then Melbourne rallied and turned a 29-point deficit midway through the quarter into a very gettable 11-point margin at three-quarter time.It took some stern words from coach Alan Richardson at the last break and a big rally in the final quarter before the Saints shook off Melbourne by 36 points.The win means the Saints remain in the finals hunt, at two games plus percentage behind slumping North Melbourne.Overall, Richardson was pleased with how his team played on Sunday - but admits consistency remains elusive.In their previous three matches the Saints had pulled off one of the upsets of the season against Geelong, then lost to Gold Coast and had come back late last week to beat Essendon.In the third quarter, I dont think weve played better footy (and) Im not sure we won the quarter, Richardson said of Sundays game.We werent great last week, so were still learning to be consistent with our footy.Were impatient, we want it to happen sooner rather than later.Hopefully (Sunday) was a turning of the form.The Saints will find out exactly where they stand next Saturday night when they play the third-placed Western Bulldogs.ddddddddddddFor now, Richardsons only public goal is that St Kilda keep improving.If, at the end of the day, then we qualify (for the finals), that would be brilliant - thats certainly what we want to do, he said.For the Demons, it was their 14th-straight loss to the Saints.They also have also won just one of their last 25 games at Etihad Stadium.But Sunday was also the first time that their two round-one picks from the 2014 draft, Christian Petracca and Angus Brayshaw, had played in the same AFL side.Melbourne and St Kilda are around the same point in development, with Demons coach Paul Roos noting that the Saints probably have the edge because they boast more experienced players.He said a couple of weeks ago, Melbournes reserves team had more AFL experience than their young, developing senior team.He also noted that the Demons lacked a player of Patrick Dangerfields quality to give them lift in attack when the game was on the line.Well play finals when were good enough to play finals - at the moment, were not good enough, Roos said.The ladder is there for a reason. Chiefs Jerseys China Cheap Nike Chargers Jerseys Cheap Nike Raiders Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys China Cheap Nike Giants Jerseys Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Redskins Jerseys China Cheap Nike Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys China Cheap Vikings Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Panthers Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Saints Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike Buccaneers Jerseys Cardinals Jerseys China Cheap Rams Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Nike 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys China Bears Jerseys China Cheap Nike Bills Jerseys Ravens Jerseys China Wholesale Falcons Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen