Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

two walks before getting Ortiz to swing at the first pitch and pop out. Ortiz slammed his bat to the ground in frustration and

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 21.11.2018 01:28
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- Corey Kluber didnt show a speck of rust. Well-rested and ready for the biggest start of his career, he wasnt going to let the Indians lose any momentum.Clevelands on some kind of roll.Fueled by a crowd that included Cavaliers star LeBron James, Kluber carried a shutout into the eighth inning and Lonnie Chisenhall connected for a three-run homer off postseason-cursed David Price, giving the Indians a 6-0 win on Friday over the Boston Red Sox and a 2-0 lead in their AL Division Series.Looking healthy after a late-season leg injury, Kluber limited the AL East champions to three hits over seven innings as the overlooked Indians, who were given a slim chance of advancing before the series began, moved within one win of returning to the ALCS for the first time since 2007.We dont have the big names. We dont have the big contracts or any of that stuff, second baseman Jason Kipnis said. But we have 25 guys who love to compete and have bought into this team. Thats what weve got.As the for the Red Sox, David Ortiz and his teammates are in serious trouble and have to hope they can get things turned around Sunday in Game 3 at Fenway Park or their turnaround season will be over and Big Papis career will be done.Backs against the wall, manager John Farrell said. Its pretty clear what lies ahead of us. We go home down 0-2. (Clay) Buchholz on the mound Sunday with an attitude of no tomorrow.Chisenhall connected in the second inning off Price, who fell to 0-8 in nine playoff starts and must now face the wrath of Red Sox Nation. The left-hander lasted just 3 1/3 innings and once again crumbled with a chance to silence critics who say he cant pitch in the big game.Despite the loss, a defiant Price is convinced hell get another chance.I know my number is going to be called again to pitch another game in 2016, he said. I want it. Ill be ready.The Indians strung together four straight hits -- three of them soft singles -- to Price in a 4-0 hole after just two innings.Thats all Kluber needed. The Cy Young candidate, who hadnt pitched since straining his quadriceps on Sept. 26, had little issues with the Red Sox, who missed a chance to do some damage against him in the fourth.Kluber created the jam with two walks before getting Ortiz to swing at the first pitch and pop out. Ortiz slammed his bat to the ground in frustration and Bostons anxiety grew when Kluber struck out Hanley Ramirez looking for the final out.We talked before the game about would he be a little bit rusty or would he be really good, Indians manager Terry Francona said. He answered that question. He was terrific. You go through that lineup and dont give up runs, youre pitching.Chisenhalls start was somewhat of a surprise since he batted just .217 against lefties this season.Francona, however, likes to put his best defense behind Kluber, plus Chisenhall came in batting .364 in his career against Price. The decision paid off in a big way early as Chisenhalls liner to right in the second gave the Indians a 4-0 lead.As he neared first, Chisenhall raised his arms in triumph. The rest is a blur.I dont remember too much running around the bases, he said. I remember seeing it go out and I knew it was a home run, so I slowed down pretty quickly. It was a quick run around the bases.Before the Indians took the field, James, who led the Cavaliers to the citys first pro sports championship since 1964 in June, spoke to the crowd.Its always us against the world, James said.Right now, Clevelands on top.BEANTOWN BOUNDIf anyone knows what awaits the Indians, its Mike Napoli, who played three seasons in Boston, winning a World Series in 2013.We cant let off the pedal with their type of lineup and their fans, Napoli said. I know what its like to play there. Its going to be a crazy atmosphere. We need to stick together and keep playing like we know how to.TRIBE TIDBITSThe Indians have taken a 2-0 lead in the postseason four times. They are 2-1 with the only loss to Boston in the ALDS. ... It was Clevelands first postseason shutout since Game 1 of the 2001 ALDS against Seattle. ... Kluber joined Gene Bearden (1948 World Series Game 3) as the only Cleveland pitchers to throw at least seven shutout innings in their postseason debut.UP NEXTRed Sox: Buchholz has had interesting season. He had a 6.35 ERA in his first 10 starts and was demoted to the bullpen. He has tweaked his mechanics and strengthened Farrells trust by pitching six innings of one-hit ball in his last regular-season start.Indians: Josh Tomlin lost to the Red Sox on Aug. 15, allowing three runs in 7 2/3 innings. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. http://www.nikecheapnfljerseys.com/ . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well. Stitched Nike NFL Jerseys .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras. Nike NFL Jerseys Outlet . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. SALT LAKE CITY -- Hunter Dimick was so eager to begin his collegiate career at No. 11 Utah that he wanted to skip a planned senior trip to Spain.The Syracuse, Utah, native was the first football player from his high school to earn a Division I scholarship as a three-star recruit and he dreamed of playing for the Utes. He didnt want to miss a portion of summer workouts for a vacation.That was a very good but very long two weeks away, Dimick said. It was great. Nothing beats time with your family, but it was good to get back.Five years later, the senior is tied with John Frank as the schools career leader in sacks (27) after setting a school single-game record with five against Arizona State last week. His 12 sacks so far this season tie him with Louisiana Techs Jaylon Ferguson for the most in the nation and his 17.5 tackles for loss are No. 3.Dimick has had a roller-coaster career with soaring highs and some upsetting lows. He stood out as a redshirt sophomore in 2014 with 10 sacks and 14.5 tackles for loss then played just seven games in 2015 due to a shoulder injury. Dimick has started every game as a senior and his five sacks last week put him into a tie for third-most in a single game in NCAA history.Dimick credits his small-town mentality for the way he works. He pushed himself to exhaustion during the offseason and still has it in the back of his mind that he didnt expect to be here.HHes so dedicated and committed to what hes doing and his work ethic is exceptional, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said.dddddddddddd He felt really, really bad about missing some weight workouts to go on this family trip that had been a huge trip to the family. That just exemplifies who he is. Hes dedicated to the football team. Hes a team-first guy. Its not all about him. Hes never been that way. Whatever the team needs. Hes a leader. Hes a captain. What more can you say?Dimick is fairly low-key and is more concerned about the Utes winning the last two games and advancing to the Pac-12 championship game than the sacks record. Utah (8-2, 5-2 Pac-12) hosts Oregon (3-7, 1-6) on Saturday with control of its own destiny.But he appreciates what hes been able to do, especially after being hurt most of last season.I was pretty (ticked) off all of last year and still most of this year, Dimick said. You just cant make up lost time. Its always going to be one of those things you look back and it bugs you, frustrates you. But its paid some dividends in the fact I worked a lot harder.You kind of realize how much you take things for granted when they get taken away from you. ... This year I didnt leave anything in the tank.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen