Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

shot a five-under 67 to be in a four-nation tie for fourth, five shots behind the Danes heading into Saturdays foursom

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 20.11.2018 05:37
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Denmarks Soren Kjeldsen and Thorbjorn Olesen launched an astonishing sub-par blitz on Friday to power into the lead after the second round of the World Cup of Golf.Astonishing because the 12-under par 60 was crafted in southwesterly winds that were even stronger than the opening day at Kingston Heath.The Danes took turns to chip in for eagle in a brilliant front nine of 29, six under par, as they combined superbly in the best-ball format. They reeled off five consecutive birdies on the homeward nine before Kjeldsen holed another birdie putt on the 18th green to put the stamp on the sensational round.Denmarks taming of the wind-swept 6503-meter (7111-yard) layout handed them a three-stroke lead ahead of China, with Spain one further back at the halfway mark of the tournament.Olesen said an eagle and a round of 59 was on his mind when he bombed a 369-meter drive down the 418-meter final hole. And yet it was Kjeldsens touch on the fast green that delivered the last birdie.Im like a train, I arrive on time. Hes the flashy one with an amazing game, Kjeldsen said.This is my favorite type of golf. Youve got to control the ball and look at the angles. You dont just get up and whack it, youve got to think your way around.United States pair Ricky Fowler and Jimmy Walker shot a five-under 67 to be in a four-nation tie for fourth, five shots behind the Danes heading into Saturdays foursomes.The American pair underlined the teamwork required in the fourball -- the best score counts for each hole -- with vastly contrasting efforts at the par-four eighth into the face of the strong wind.Walkers tee shot found a fairway bunker, he barely advanced the ball buried in long grass and promptly picked it up after the fourth shot scurried across the green. He had the luxury of standing back and applauding when Fowlers 15-meter birdie putt disappeared into the cup to pick up another shot for the team.A measure of the quality of the players were the clutch of low scores in such cold and blustery conditions -- a 60, two 64s, four 65s and seven 66s in the 28-nations field.New Zealand and the Netherlands, the third group on to the course, went birdie for birdie in a low-scoring shootout, each team posting eight-under 64s to be five-under for the tournament and in contention for the weekend.The Dutch strategy was typical of most teams; the less experienced Darius Van Driel teeing off first to put the ball safely in play, allowing Joost Luiten to bomb his drives to try to set up shorter approach shots to the quickening greens.That worked out really well. Darius hit great off the tee all day, so we didnt really get into any trouble. After that, we just tried to find the green and hole the putt and we did that pretty good today, Luiten said.New Zealands Ryan Fox and Danny Lee snared 10 birdies against two bogeys as all players in the group fed off each other in the four-pronged attack. Joost looked like he was going to hole everything he looked at. It was a fun day all round, Fox said.Host nation Australias representatives Adam Scott and Marc Leishman must go low in Saturdays foursomes to get close enough to the lead to challenge for the win on Sunday. The pair shared six birdies, but gave two shots back mid-round, for their 68 to be two-under and 10 strokes off the pace.Our best stuff needs to be on the weekend now, Scott said. You never know, its a tough format. Doesnt mean the leaders are going to play any good over the weekend, so, hopefully, we can close the gap.Scots Russell Knox and Duncan Stewart, embarrassed to sit bottom of the leaderboard after an eight-over 78 on the opening day, set about restoring temporarily tarnished reputations. Out in the first group, they grabbed an early birdie before Stewart eagled the par-five eighth hole. And three birdies on the back nine produced a seven-under 65; a 13-shot improvement. Adidas NHL Jerseys China . After a replay, the winner will meet Sunderland in the quarterfinals. Sagbo did well to control Sone Alukos right cross and fire past Brighton goalkeeper Peter Brezovan. Aluko was making his first start in four months after recovering from an Achilles injury. Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans. http://www.cheapjerseysnhladidas.com/ . The 43-year-old closer, in his 19th and final big league season, has said hed like to play the outfield. Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hes thinking about allowing Rivera to do it this weekend, when the Yankees finish their season with a three-game series at the Houston Astros. Wholesale NHL Jerseys China . Nigeria beat surprise package Ethiopia 2-0 in the second leg of their playoff for a comfortable 4-1 aggregate victory. Victor Moses converted a 20th-minute penalty after an Ethiopian handball, and Victor Obinna made certain of Nigerias place in Brazil with his powerful free kick in the 82nd at UJ Esuene Stadium. Cheap Adias NHL Jerseys Free Shipping . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. BERKELEY, Calif. -- Ivan Rabb has posted a double-double in all three games hes played this season, but after Cals 67-55 win over Southeastern Louisiana on Sunday, the sophomore forward said he still hasnt found his comfort zone.Honestly its still a little rough, said Rabb, an AP preseason All-American, who missed more than a month of practice time and the seasons first two games with a toe injury. I missed a lot of shots I normally make. My teammates tell me, `Dont get frustrated, keep your head up. Rabb had 17 points and 10 rebounds against the Lions.Charlie Moore scored 17 of his 22 points in the first half to set the tone and led the Bears (4-1) in scoring for the third time in the past four games. Moore, who entered the game as the Pac-12 Conferences No. 3 scorer averaging 19.8 points, made 4 of 6 from the 3-point arc.Gosh, hes got such a great future, Southeastern Louisiana coach Jay Ladner said of Moore. He was really the difference in the game.Grant Mullins added 13 points and Kingsley Okoroh had 10 points and nine rebounds for Cal.Davon Hayes led Southeastern Louisiana (4-3) with 11 points. Moses Greenwood added 10 points.Rabb returned to Cal after being projected as an NBA lottery pick, and through three games is averaging 16 points and 10.3 rebounds. But his game still appears a bit ragged.Ive had very limited practices, Rabb said. When you try to practice a few times and go and play, its night and day. The games are a lot faster. But Im starting to get into a groove and my conditioning is getting little better.Cal coach Cuonzo Martin said Rabbs uneven play is understandable. You miss that kind of time, youre a step slow, he said. My thing is defend, rebound and play hard. The scoring will come.Southeastern Louisiana was in a hole from the start. Guard Marlain Veal picked up three fouls in a span of 11 secondss and Cal led 11-1.ddddddddddddVeal, coming off a 20-point game at Colorado State, scored just two points before fouling out.For the second straight game, Cal led by 20 points in the second half then allowed its opponent to cut the margin to single digits. This time, the Bears missed 10 straight shots and the Lions pulled within 48-39 with 10 minutes left.I thought we played great in the second half. We made a game out of it, Ladner said. We got a little discombobulated there when Veal picked up three quick fouls to start the game. It took a while for us to get settled down.BIG PICTURECal: The Bears will be without junior center Kameron Rooks indefinitely after he injured his left knee Friday against Wyoming. Rooks, who started two of Cals first four games, was averaging 6.5 points and 6.8 rebounds. He is scheduled to undergo further tests.Rooks joins senior guard Jabari Bird on the shelf. Bird, a former McDonalds All-American, scored 14 points in Cals opener but has missed the past four games with back spasms. The timetable for his return is uncertain.Southeastern Louisiana: Turnovers have been a thorn for the Lions. They entered play Sunday tied for 263rd nationally at 17.2 turnovers per game, and they had three against Cal before scoring their first field goal. Southeastern finished with 16 giveaways.UP NEXTCal plays its fourth game in a five-game homestand on Wednesday against Louisiana Tech (3-2), whose two defeats this season were on the road to South Carolina and Nebraska.Having completed a three-game road trip through Texas, Colorado and California, Southeastern Louisiana returns home to play Wednesday against Maryland-Eastern Shore (0-6), which is playing its sixth road game in seven. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen