Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

and Frank Howard with 382.It was cool, Howard said. Being able to hit the home run and tying the game up. Tried

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 19.11.2018 12:57
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Angelique Kerbers 2015 appearance at the BNP Paribas WTA Finals in Singapore was, at the time, not at all memorable.But her 6-4, 6-3 loss against Lucie Safarova might now be remembered as the catalyst for Kerbers massive makeover in 2016.After winning her first Grand Slam singles title in January at the Australian Open and adding a second at the US Open, the world No. 1 will try to punctuate her next-level season with another crown when she returns to Singapore next week (coverage begins Sunday on ESPN3).It would be pretty special to go back to where she found the inspiration to make the change and win it, said ESPN analyst Pam Shriver. Shed be the runaway player of the year, and that would be a Serena-like year.Kerbers year-end history in Singapore far from stellar (she has won two of nine matches in three previous appearances), and winning a single set in that final round-robin match against Safarova would have sent her into the semifinals. But Kerber predictably tightened up (a once-haunting hallmark since her WTA debut in 2003) and the opportunity evaporated. She was furious. This led to some serious soul-searching, which, 10 weeks later, yielded the surprising result in Melbourne.Kerber, always a tenacious and talented defender, had an epiphany similar to Andy Murray, who, under coach Ivan Lendl, overcame the habit of centering the ball when under duress. Kerber, working with her longtime coach Torben Beltz, has summoned the confidence to be more aggressive when the stakes are highest.I learned a lot of things the last year, Kerber acknowledged before the US Open. I had to win one set and I [put] completely too much pressure on myself. Thats why I will not [be] thinking too much. I am here playing tennis. Is what I love to do.She ran the table at the Australian Open, surviving a match point in the first round and stunning Victoria Azarenka in the quarterfinals and Serena Williams in the final. Kerber is the favorite in Singapore and will retain the No. 1 ranking no matter what happens since Williams (shoulder injury) pulled out of the event earlier this week.Hoisting that first Grand Slam trophy, though, proved to be a shock to Kerbers system. What happens when your dream comes true? When, after years of sacrifice and relentless effort, you achieve the highest honor in your profession? It took a while to process.After the Aussie Open win, Kerber lost in the first round at Doha and Indian Wells. After winning Stuttgart at home in Germany in April, she lost her first matches outdoors on clay, in Madrid and Rome. In her first Slam after Australia, nursing a shoulder injury, she suffered a surprising first-round loss against Kiki Bertens at the French Open. She was asked after that loss if she thought the pressure of trying to follow up on her first major title was getting to her.I came here to play round by round, and I know that you must play your best tennis in the first rounds, as well, because everybody is a tough opponent to play, Kerber said. I was trying it. That was for sure not my best tennis I played today.She dramatically turned things around over the summer. Kerber beat No. 5-ranked Simona Halep (quarterfinals) and No. 8 Venus Williams (semifinals) before losing to Serena in the Wimbledon final. But Kerber continued her momentum, reaching the semifinals at Montreal, the gold-medal match at the Rio Olympics and the final in Cincinnati, where she lost against Karolina Pliskova. Kerber avenged that defeat in her rousing three-set victory in the US Open final.If those bookend major titles looked and felt like something a little different, they were.The last active WTA player not named Serena to win two majors in the same year? It was Venus, 15 years ago, taking Wimbledon and the US Open. Serena has won at least two Grand Slam singles titles in the same year an astonishing seven times, (2002, 03, 09, 10, 12, 13 and 15).Thats the kind of exalted company Kerber now finds herself keeping.A year ago, it was her loss in Singapore that kick-started Kerbers superb breakthrough season. If she can once again push herself into uncharted territory with a few round-robin wins, it would put her in a commanding position going into 2017.To go into the season-ending championship as the favorite and the No. 1 player, thats unreal, ESPN analyst Mary Joe Fernandez said. Two Slams, a silver medal [at the Rio Olympics] and then a title [in Singapore] -- that would be icing on the cake. Cheap NFL Nike Jerseys Online . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. http://www.wholesalechinajerseyscheap.com/ .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. Wholesale Jersys From China . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. Authentic Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. PHILADELPHIA -- After the Mets clinched a playoff berth and home field for the National League wild-card game on Saturday with a 5-3 victory over the Phillies, all eyes shift to longtime Phillies slugger Ryan Howard on Sunday afternoon.Howard said hes not taking anything extra in right now and is only focused on playing baseball, but even his manager knows thats hardly likely.He says hes not but I think hes got to, Phillies manager Pete Mackanin said. Its just human nature. Tomorrows going to be fun to watch.Howards two-run homer to tie the game in the fifth inning against the Mets on Saturday could be Howards last. It moved him into 67th place on the career home run list list, tying him with Jim Rice and Frank Howard with 382.It was cool, Howard said. Being able to hit the home run and tying the game up. Tried to spoil it for them a little bit today but they got us and youve gotta congratulate those guys because theyve scratched and clawed.Mackanin said he hopes his first baseman has just a little more left in him for what could be his final game in Phillies pinstripes.Hopefully hell hit another one tomorrow, he said. Hes been swinging the bat well in the second half to have 25 home runs and almost 60 RBI. Hes been phenomenal.The Phillies will celebrate Howards career before the first pitch tomorrow, but the 36-year old first baseman says its just another game.Tomorrow is Sunday, Howard said when asked about tomorrows game. Im just going to show up. Ill deffinitely take it in.dddddddddddd I think itll be something cool.The Mets are overjoyed to have the burden of home-field advantage wrapped up. Jay Bruce knows just how important it is to have secured that heading into Sunday.Home field means a lot, he said. I think home field means a whole lot. I played with Jim Edmonds in 2010 and he said that one play, one pitch can change the outlook of the whole thing and its so true. I think we have a group of guys who are ready for it.The Mets are undecided as to who starts Sunday as it appears they might save right-hander Noah Syndergaard (14-9, 2.60 ERA) for Wednesdays wild-card game. The Phillies send right-hander Jerad Eickhoff (11-14, 3.72) to the hill Sunday.Mets manager Terry Collins may not put Syndergaard on the hill very long, or at all Sunday.We are going to be able to save Noah (Sundergaard), Collins said. Im not sure were going to pitch him, he might just throw side instead. I just thought it might be good to face some hitters for him tomorrow.Eickhoffs start last Tuesday was cut short because of rain as he only pitched four innings against the Braves, but hell have a chance to punctuate his strong second half in the final game of the season.Phillies shortstop Freddy Galvis, who left Fridays game with right hamstring tightness, missed Saturdays game and his season is likely over. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen