Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

k of a brilliant defensive effort and amazing resilience, I thought it was an incredible win.They say this

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 05.10.2018 09:03
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon has a message for the opponents of expanded replay in baseball, the critics who talk about the human element and the pace of the game. Go all the way, he said. "I really challenge them to go back and throw away all this new stuff. Microwaves, throw it away," Maddon said. "Take away all these comforts of this technology thats sprung up over the last how many years to make our lives better. To just bury your head in the sand and just reference old school all the time to me is a really poor argument." While Maddon was ready to dive straight into expanded replay, much of baseball offered a tentative endorsement of Thursdays proposal for increased video review options for next season. Atlanta Braves President John Schuerholz, a member of baseballs replay committee along with former managers Joe Torre and Tony La Russa, said 89 per cent of incorrect calls made in the past will be reviewable, but he did not provide a list. "Im all for getting calls right. Thats a good thing," Twins catcher Joe Mauer said. "I really havent seen the changes that are going to be made, so I really dont have an opinion on that. But to make the game better, thats what were all striving for." A 75 per cent vote by the owners is needed for approval, and the players association and umpires would have to agree to any changes to the current system. But most players and managers seemed pleased while waiting to learn more about the new system. "Im all for it, reviewing the plays," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "I am, and how we do it, Im not set in a certain way, but I think its a good thing. I think most managers are all for it, too, and I think most umpires. Its all about getting it right so Im excited to hear this has a strong possibility to be part of the game." Umpires have come under increased scrutiny following several missed calls this season. Managers will be allowed one challenge over the first six innings of a game and two from the seventh inning until the completion of the game. Balls and strikes are not reviewable, and challenged calls are settled by a crew at MLB headquarters in New York City, which will make a final ruling. The amount of challenges and the emphasis on the last part of the game drew the attention of several managers. "I just dont like the idea that the earlier part of the game is considered less important than the latter part of the game," Maddon said. "Thats all. I know weve lost games in the first inning. You could lose games in the second inning." Royals manager Ned Yost thinks three challenges is too many. "Its more than we need," he said. "Im sitting back and thinking, probably in the last two weeks or three weeks, I cant think of three balls I would have challenged, but its still nice to have the ability to be able to do it." A manager who sees a call he feels is incorrect can file a challenge with the crew chief or home plate umpire. Only reviewable plays can be challenged. Non-reviewable plays can still be argued by managers, who can request that the umpires discuss it to see if another member of the crew saw the play differently. Reviewable plays cannot be argued by the manager. Challenges not used in the first six innings will not carry over, and a manager who wins a review will retain it. The home run replay rules currently in use will be grandfathered in to the new system, Schuerholz said. "I think the biggest thing is that everybody watching the game knows at home -- you know, because they replay it -- so we want to make sure the calls get right," said pitcher C.J. Wilson, the union rep for the Angels, "and weve had some instances where the calls havent been right over the last couple years. "Thats why weve gone to the replay thing, is because the seasons coming down to the last game for some of these teams that are in the wild-card race or whatever," he said, "and if they lose a game because of a replay that doesnt happen, you can imagine how upset they would be." One of the biggest concerns is slowing down the game. Schuerholz said with a direct line of communication between the central office and the ballparks the expectation is that replays under the new system will take 1 minute, 15 seconds. Current replays average just over 3 minutes. Some said the use of replay could have a positive effect on the pace because it will prevent many on-field arguments. "I like the fact that I dont have to argue with the umpires, because Im not a good arguer to begin with," Yost said. "I lose my mind, I start using bad language, and you dont get anywhere. ... I just think this is going to be a much, much better system." Custom Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players. http://www.diamondbacksteamshop.com/Diamondbacks-Jarrod-Dyson-Kids-Jersey/ .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. Taijuan Walker Jersey . Louis Blues teammates who would also be participating in the Olympics, Alex Pietrangelo felt right at home, no different in some ways to the travel experience of any old road trip – save for the length of the journey, that is. Archie Bradley Jersey . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. The first week of the finals are in the books as ESPNs NRL expert Brett Kimmorley casts his eye?over which teams have what it takes to win it all while laying down some hard truths on one of the top sides in his latest edition of Set of Six.Panthers are title challengersWhat an exciting team this Panthers side is to watch. They trailed 6-4 at halftime and in the second forty, you really got to see how many football options the Panthers have.?They play quite a lot of ad-lib football and because of that theyre going to be very damaging and very hard to stop in this years competition.Broncos are no one-trick poniesThe Broncos are usually a great defensive side and we often overlook just how good they can be in attack. They scored a whopping 44 points in a semi-final, which is a fair outcome and extraordinarily exciting for their fans.That performance should give them a lot of confidence going forward and put them in the right frame of mind to cause a potential upset against the Cowboys on Friday night.Sharks prove doubters wrong Nobody gave the Sharks any chance of defeating the Raiders on Saturday night - with Paul Gallen ruled out on the day of the game, Sam Tagataese missing and Wade Graham getting hurt 10 minutes into the match, it was amazing they were able to turn their form around.They were one of the sides that really limped into the finals and didnt carry great form into the match but on the back of a brilliant defensive effort and amazing resilience, I thought it was an incredible win.They say this time of year is a whole new competition and brand of football and the Sharks kindly reminded us why they went unbeaten for 16 matches in a row during the home-and-away season.Raiders cant win witthout AustinCanberra hooker Josh Hodgson went down with around 30 minutes to go during the game against the Sharks, and the Raiders looked completely void of attacking options.dddddddddddd Now with Hodgson in doubt for the remainder of the season, Canberra need Blake Austin and his return next weekend against Penrith couldnt come at a better time.There was more than enough in that game against the Sharks to suggest the Raiders shouldve won that game. Austin needs to play and if he doesnt, I cant see Canberra advancing any further in the competition unfortunately.Storm enjoy big-game pressureWe saw the Storms composure in a crucial round 26 game against the Cronulla Sharks, when they had a 16 from 16 completion rate at halftime. They just know how to control a match, grind a game out and they very rarely make mistakes.Against the Cowboys, I thought that was exactly how they won the game. They are the best in the competition at controlling the contest, behind Cameron Smith who controls the ship. If youre going to beat the Storm youve got to play the house down.?Refs need to quell influenceUnfortunately they have been the topic of conversation over the course of the weekend and have become the headlines out of a few games.Theyve made some howling decisions and one thing I have learned is that there will be mistakes unfortunately but it needs to become a much more consistent area.In an ideal world, I would love to have the referees removed from discussion over the next three weeks of football so that we can find out who the best team is without any potential controversies. Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts China Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet White NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL China Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen