Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ddddddddddAslam didnt try to offer any rationale behind the enigma surrounding his unconverted starts. H

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 03.10.2018 02:10
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- With three small children at home -- one for each Olympic gold medal -- Kerri Walsh Jennings turned into a morning person whether she wanted to or not.So preparing to play at midnight in the marquee match of the Rio de Janeiro beach volleyball tournament is less of a struggle than it could have been.Ive been trying so long to be a morning person and its just so contrary to who I am, Walsh Jennings said after she and April Ross beat Australia 21-14, 21-13 in a match that began at 12:34 a.m. and took only 35 minutes.Ross said the players prepared for the late start by taking a nap during the day. They avoided walking around in the hot sun, watching video instead while also finding plenty of time to meditate, do a crossword puzzle and read.We knew it was going to be really electric out there and we knew it was going to be a really long day, Walsh Jennings said. And its under the lights in Copa. So its a great atmosphere.Thats something the Americans can get used to. After all, as the biggest names in the tournament -- at least for the lucrative U.S. television market -- they will play again at midnight for their second match, against China early Tuesday morning.The gold medal match is also scheduled to start at midnight.Thats the goal, Walsh Jennings said.Here are some noteworthy events from the opening day of the beach volleyball competition and things to look for on Day 2:FELLOW AMERICANSRookie Casey Patterson and two-time Olympian Jake Gibb also won their opener, beating Qatar 21-16, 21-16. They get a day off before playing Austria on Monday.The other U.S. teams make their debuts on Sunday. Lauren Fendrick and Brooke Sweat play Poland in the morning, and 2008 gold medalist Phil Dalhausser and his new partner, Nick Lucena, meet Tunisia.DIGNITARIESU.S. Secretary of State John Kerry attended the early matches and went out to the practice court to wish Walsh Jennings and Ross well. Very patriotic, Walsh Jennings said. Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi also visited the venue.DAY AT THE BEACHJust outside the security fences is the iconic Copacabana beach, where locals frolicked in the surf, played soccer in the sand or cooled themselves under an umbrella at one of the many open-air kiosks serving food, beer and the local sugar cane cocktail, caipirinha.I love South American fans, and I love how the people love sports, said Argentinas Georgiana Klug, who lost her opener with Ana Gallay, falling to Spain in straight sets. All the singing, dancing -- it makes me feel like home.SKYBALLItalys Adrian Carambula got things started with his trademark Skyball, a high and spinning serve that wanders into the path of the sunshine and wind and confounds attempts at a return. Although he typically uses it sparingly, Carambula said he was egged on by his friends to start things off with a little flair.They said they wouldnt talk to me if I didnt, he said in a post-match interview that was twice interrupted because the prime minister asked him to come over and pose for a picture.My legs were shaking before the first serve, said Carambula, who with Alex Ranghieri beat Clemens Doppler and Alexander Horst 21-14, 21-13. When I walked in I actually got a little bit emotional. I wasnt expecting it, but I embraced it and I played with it. So, very special.---Jimmy Golen has covered Olympic beach volleyball since 2008. Follow him at http://www.twitter.com/jgolen Gaylord Perry Jersey .4 million title. Ryan Riess emerged with the title after a session in which he started behind, but used expert skill to gather the chips to his side amid the unpredictability of no-limit Texas Hold em. Riess put his final opponent Jay Farber all-in with an Ace-King. Pablo Sandoval Jersey . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. http://www.sfgiantsrookiestore.com/Giants-Johnny-Cueto-Kids-Jersey/ . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Bruce Bochy Jersey . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. Juan Marichal Jersey . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. 82, 70, 90, 44, 50, 74 - these are the high points of Sami Aslams seven-match Test career so far. He is averaging 43.45, offering Pakistan what seems like a long-term solution to the opening conundrum they have faced over the years. He possesses everything an opener needs: composure, temperament, and the ability to hold one end up, and has got to double-figures nine times in 12 innings.He always seems to bat with a great degree of sense, but his dismissals often dont make any sense: he was run out in his first innings in England, and in this series, he has been bowled playing a premeditated sweep, bowled again trying to drive a legspinner against the turn, and, on Sunday, caught off the glove playing a reverse-sweep in the first over after tea.In Pakistan, it is considered a crime if you dont convert your fifties into hundreds, and batsmen quickly earn reputations if they keep doing it. Club cricketers grow up with this thought drilled into them, and unconverted starts are often a cause for batsmen to get dropped at grassroots level.Aslam was prolific at the Under-19 level, and is currently the second highest run scorer in U-19 ODI history with 1695 runs at 45.81. He has the most hundreds at that level, six. He is also the third-fastest batsman anywhere to 2000 List A runs. He was captain of the Pakistan U-19 side when they toured England in 2013, and made two centuries in the tri-series then, including 110 in the final against England, before catching the eye with another hundred in a victory over India in the 2013-14 Under-19 Asia Cup.Outside Test cricket, Aslam has seven hundreds and only four fifties, suggesting the issue of not converting starts is a new one.On day one in Sharjah, Aslam showed exactly why the selectors have rated him highly and shown patience with him even while he has struggled to convert his starts. His temperament was key - he wasnt expansive, but showed plenty of resilience to get through a tough situation, hanging on through a difficult first hour in which Shannon Gabriel removed Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq for ducks. It left Pakistan 2 for 1, and Aslam, only 20, carried on to make 74. It was an innings of many good qualities, but at the ennd of the day, particularly after a late collapse saw Pakistan go from 230 for 4 to 248 for 8, the entire media contingent was talking only about his failed reverse-sweep and raising questions about his conversion rate.ddddddddddddAslam didnt try to offer any rationale behind the enigma surrounding his unconverted starts. He said it was a combination of bad luck and, on occasion, his own shot selection letting him down.The way I started as an opener, the kind of start I got, I think I should have converted my good start into a big score, he said at the end of the first days play, with Pakistan 255 for 8. If you look at my record back home in domestic cricket, I have more hundreds and have a good conversion rate so I am disappointed that I am not able make it here.There is no concentration lapse. If you see, I am scoring good runs, but I think bad shots are stopping me from getting a triple-figure score. Also this is my seventh Test, and if you recall, in England once I got run out, once I was unlucky, so I dont think there is any nervousness surrounding my batting. Its about me playing an ugly shot. I obviously think about scoring 100 after 50 but there is no pressure as such. I just think about scoring big runs but I think batsmen make mistakes and improve with very passing day, so I am trying to minimise my mistakes.Since the outfield is heavy, you have to play shots, and in the process batsmen do make mistakes in the rush. But at the same time you have to get runs and you can only do it by taking chances, otherwise its difficult to score runs.During the course of his innings, Aslam had his first major partnerships with Younis Khan - 106 for the third wicket in 36.3 overs - and was involved in a mix-up early on while running between the wickets. Younis has the reputation of being a father-figure in the dressing room and a calming influence on youngsters.It was great batting with him, Aslam said. It was my first major partnership with him and during the mix up he didnt scold me but gave me some advice about running between the wickets. Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen