Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

er sex appeal, and it fits who the public knows her to be. Id intro her with huge fanfare, cover her contract signing,

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 03.10.2018 02:09
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

BOSTON -- David Ortiz is down to his final regular-season game, and it will be an important one for the Boston Red Sox.With their 40-year-old slugger heading into retirement, the Red Sox could use a victory on Sunday to help their chances of earning home-field advantage in their AL Division Series against Cleveland.Obviously, we would like the home-field advantage, Boston utilityman Brock Holt said after a 4-3 loss to Toronto. Well come ready to go. ... Hopefully well play that first game here.The Indians (93-67) would open at home if they win their last two games, or even one if Boston (93-68) loses its finale against Toronto on Sunday.One night after the Blue Jays blew a 3-1 lead and gave up Ortizs game-winning homer, Torontos J.A. Happ seemed poised to pick up his 21st win.But with the Blue Jays leading 3-2 in the eighth, Mookie Betts doubled, took third on Brock Holts hard-hit double-play ball and then scored to tie it when closer Roberto Osuna balked in the winning run.In the ninth, though, Ezequiel Carrera delivered a sacrifice fly and Toronto won to move into a tie with Baltimore for the top spot in the AL wild-card race.We had the lead and the tying run scores on balk. I was worried about the baseball gods, said manager John Gibbons, whose team is tied with the Orioles at 88 wins with one to play. We want to enjoy this one. Theyre hard to come by.Toronto owns the tie-breaker with Baltimore. Detroit and Seattle are also still in the wild-card hunt.Red Sox closer Craig Kimbrel (2-6) has losses in two of his last three appearances, issuing six walks while completing two innings. Since Sept. 22, his ERA has risen from 2.52 to 3.40.The 21-year-old Osuna (4-3) retired the Red Sox in order in the ninth to recover from his sixth blown save of the season.PREGAME FESTIVITIESHockey great Bobby Orr, NFL Hall of Famer Andre Tippett and the entire current Boston Celtics roster joined David Ortiz on the field at Fenway Park on Saturday night to help celebrate Big Papi on his way into retirement.The ceremony before the Red Sox played Toronto also featured former patients at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, who Ortiz helped through his work for the Jimmy Fund. And Boston Marathon bombing victims also joined the sports stars on the field to thank Ortiz for his defiant and inspirational speech following the 2013 finish line attacks.The basketball players all wore Celtics jerseys with Ortizs No. 34. Many of them asked the Red Sox designated hitter to sign their shirts, and several posed for selfies with him.Ortiz has said he will retire at the end of the season, and the Red Sox planned celebrations for the final weekend series at Fenway. Friday nights ceremony included beneficiaries of the David Ortiz Childrens Fund; Sunday is expected to feature Ortizs former teammates.AT THE PLATEAs they have much of the season, the Fenway fans rose to a standing ovation when Ortiz came to the plate in the first. With a runner on first, he worked the count full against Happ and drew a walk.It was the 1,319th walk of Ortizs career, tying him with Tony Phillips for 40th on baseballs career list.Ortiz was tagged out going from first to second when Betts followed with a grounder.Ortiz grounded out in the second inning with two on and two out, hitting a grounder that got under the glove of shifted shortstop Troy Tulowitzki but was grabbed in shallow right by Devon Travis.In the fifth, Ortiz singled on a line drive to right and was replaced by a pinch hitter. He tipped his helmet to the cheering crowd as he left the diamond.We know what hes dealing with, manager John Farrell said of Ortizs difficulty running. Under the conditions tonight and the way he got down the line in that second at-bat, it felt like three was enough.UP NEXTBlue Jays: RHP Aaron Sanchez (14-2, 3.06 ERA) goes in the regular season finale Sunday. Hes allowed one run over six innings in each of his last two starts after extended rest for a blister.Red Sox: Former Blue Jays left-hander David Price (17-9, 4.04) will start for Boston on Sunday. He took the loss in his previous start Tuesday against the Yankees, giving up six runs and 12 hits in 6 1/3 innings, halting his career-best, eight-game winning streak. Jimmy Foxx Jersey . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. Dave Hollins Jersey . Haas said he "felt a lot of pain" in his right shoulder when he slammed his racket to the ground in frustration after losing his serve at 3-3 in the first set. http://www.philliesrookiestore.com/Phillies-Tommy-Hunter-Kids-Jersey/ . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Chuck Klein Jersey . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Mike Schmidt Jersey . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans. SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Paige VanZant didnt want to tap. Not in her backyard, not in the first round, not on national television.So as Michelle Waterson locked in a rear-naked choke hold tight, VanZant fought and fought until she could fight no more. It wasnt until VanZants face started to change color and she was on the verge of passing out that referee John McCarthy stepped in and waved off the fight.It wasnt the storybook finish to her main event she had been hoping for, but that doesnt mean there wont be plenty of storybook finishes for her in the near future.Saturdays result doesnt change the fact that VanZant is a star. She is a celebrity that is no longer defined by wins and losses in the Octagon. Her brand wasnt really going to get a major boost with a first-round win over Waterson, and its not really going to take much of a hit after her first-round loss either.That is why VanZant needs to consider her future in the UFC after just her 10th professional mixed martial arts fight.At 22 years old, VanZant isnt necessarily at a crossroads, but she has reached a point where she no longer needs to step into the UFCs unforgiving and unpredictable cage to continue her rise as a celebrity. Its a ride she can now continue to make in the safer and scripted confines of the WWE.There has been an ever-growing blurring of the lines between the UFC and WWE recently, with Brock Lesnar fighting for both companies this summer, CM Punk making his UFC debut in September, two years after leaving the WWE, and the constant war of words between Conor McGregor and WWE wrestlers, past and present.Its no secret that VanZant is a wrestling fan and wants to join the WWE at some point. She has never shied away from the question, even when it was brought up before Saturdays fight.It seems like I get asked that a lot, so it seems like the people want me to do it, VanZant said. I would love to. Its an amazing organization. After this, Ill decide what Im doing and where Im going, and if other opportunities arise, Ill go for those ... I have so many positive opportunities in front of me right now.That should come as no surprise. VanZant was the runner-up on Dancing with the Stars earlier this year, has been fielding prospective movie roles for the past year, including a starring role alongside Jean-Claude Van Damme, which she turned down to train for a fight, and is a favorite of TMZ videographers when shes in public. After her second loss in her last three fights on Saturday, both of which she main evented, she refused to blame outside factors or interests.I was meant for the spotlight, and Im going to be in the spotlight, she said. I will be back, and Im going to have the belt one day. Im 22 years old, and I have a long time. Ill be back.While VanZant continues to have lofty aspirations for her UFC career, she frequently references her many opportunities outside the Octagon, including the WWE, and shes more than willing to give those a chance.The opportunities are endless, VanZant said. I have a lot of big things outside of fighting, and Im going to pursue those for a little while.Theres no doubt the WWE is interested. The company reached out to VanZants representatives last summer with an eye toward having her at their annual SummerSlam pay-per-view event. The deal never materialized, but VanZant said that shhe is still interested.ddddddddddddJim Ross, who recruited and signed many of WWEs current stars, from Lesnar to John Cena, when he was the head of WWE talent relations, believes VanZant could be the next big WWE star whenever she decides to make the transition, envisioning her as a cross between Ronda Rousey and WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus.Paige has the uncoachable it factor, Ross told ESPN on Saturday. Its the same as I saw in Dwayne Johnson, John Cena and Brock Lesnar. She even has marketable initials: PVZ. Based on what Ive seen, Id consider Paige a blue-chipper when shes ready.If her skill set would match up with her hype and rep, Id book her making some sort of water cooler talk impact in a perfect TV storm. Wearing gloves wouldnt limit her sex appeal, and it fits who the public knows her to be. Id intro her with huge fanfare, cover her contract signing, training and document her entire journey. Build a long arching anticipation for her debut, which would be at an important destination. There are lots of right ways to introduce a potential star within the sports-entertainment genre.This isnt simply about VanZant joining the WWE because she cant cut it among the top fighters in her weight class. This is about growing her brand and thinking about her career, long-term. WWE stars arent just wrestlers anymore. The Rock is probably the hottest name in Hollywood right now, and Cena is hosting the ESPYS, Saturday Night Live and appearing in major movies and television shows.VanZant may not be totally willing to leave the UFC for the WWE yet, but that shouldnt prevent her from being a part-time performer until she is ready to make the jump full-time. Its the kind of partnership between UFC and WWE that would benefit both promotions. All UFC president Dana White has to do is look at Lesnars blockbuster pay-per-view numbers and the fact that Punk attracted about 450,000 pay-per-view buys for his first professional MMA fight to see what a little rub from the WWE can do for his fighters and events.Id assume she could do both, but Im not sure how successful shed be at either while splitting her focus, Ross said. The skills required to be a successful, pro grappler are varied and need months of diligent training under the watchful eye of top coaches. WWE has that covered. Id suggest that she fulfill her UFC commitments and try and live her MMA dreams before committing to WWE, unless it was for a one-off, high-profile cameo at a major event like WrestleMania.VanZant said shes more than capable of doing more than one thing at a time and said she wasnt exactly sure when she would fight again, saying it could be a couple months or six months or even longer. In the meantime, she will pursue all those opportunities she has in front of her.I took a break to do Dancing with the Stars, and I came back and I knocked somebody out, VanZant said. Im very good at balancing my outside factors. I know how to balance my schedule. I have the best team in the world. Im very smart. I could have done anything I wanted to, and I chose to fight, and Im going to continue to balance my schedule ... I have a lot of passions in the world, and Im not going to limit myself to one thing. Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen