Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Billings flung away the rebounded ball they both held, Canada glared at her. Players and coaches on the UCLA bench all knew what

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 30.09.2018 13:22
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- UCLA guard Jordin Canada was focused on grabbing the rebound she needed for her first triple-double.So when teammate Monique Billings flung away the rebounded ball they both held, Canada glared at her. Players and coaches on the UCLA bench all knew what was at stake and collectively groaned in disbelief.Everyone finished with smiles because Canada notched her 10th rebound with 48 seconds left.Canada had 11 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists to lead No. 9 UCLA to a 95-47 win over Southern University on Friday night.Its the sixth triple-double in school history, and Canada also crossed the 1,000-point mark, a milestone she didnt know about until after the game.Its also an honor. Its a great feeling to know that Ive put in the work, Canada said. Im very proud of myself, but its not all about points. Yes, its a great honor, but its not everything.Kennedy Burke led the Bruins with 23 points, including a career-high five 3-pointers. UCLA finished with a school-record 14 3-pointers, breaking the 12 set against Hawaii in 2009.Billings had a double-double with 22 points and 15 rebounds, her fifth consecutive since last season. She also set a career high with six steals.But she drew the ire of her point guard.We have goals that we have to meet. Mo was one rebound away from getting 15 rebounds, which was her goal, Canada said. I was one rebound away from getting a triple-double. At the time, I thought she already met her goal. When the ball went up we both had it, and I was screaming because I wanted it. She took it away. I was mad.I didnt realize she hadnt met her goal until afterward, so I felt bad. Were just really passionate about getting our goals.UCLA had just nine players available for the game. Four players are injured and have yet to play this season.Canada prides herself on passing, defending and, when a milestone is on the line, rebounding.Ive never seen Jordan so mad at me running down the court, said Billings, with a laugh. She got her rebound, too. So its all good.Skylar OBear scored 14 points and Briana Green added 12 for Southern (1-2).BIG PICTURE:Southern got the experience of playing one of the best teams in the country on the road and will have plenty of learning opportunities in a postgame film session.UCLA has its sights set on a national championship. With an 84-70 loss to No. 2 Baylor on the road four days ago, it showed theres work to be done. UCLA dominated Southern at home, where it plays so well, but hasnt won a road game against a ranked opponent in its last 13 consecutive games. After the loss to Baylor, UCLA likely will fall out of the top 10.QUOTABLE:I think were still not playing anywhere close to what were going to become. Thats a good news-bad news. Its bad news because we missed an opportunity at Baylor. The good news is that theres no danger this group is going to peak early. We have so many things we still need to work on. On the other hand, were shooting the ball great. Were a selfless team. -- UCLA coach Cori Close on ways to improve after a 48-point win.UP NEXT:Southern University returns home to play Bethune-Cookman on Thursday. Its a one-game stint in New Orleans, with the Jaguars playing six of their first eight games on the road.UCLA hosts Cal Poly on Sunday before traveling to Mexico to play Iowa in the Cancun Challenge, which starts on Thanksgiving. Roberto Osuna Jersey . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Kendrys Morales Jersey . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. http://www.officialbluejaysgearshop.com/Blue-Jays-Marco-Estrada-Kids-Jersey/ . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Yangervis Solarte Jersey . -- If this was Aaron Gordons final home game at Arizona, and it almost certainly was, then he went out in style. Paul Molitor Jersey . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers.Davie, FL (Sports Network) - The Miami Dolphins and Reshad Jones agreed on a multi-year contract extension Tuesday, keeping the fourth-year safety under contract through the 2017 season. Jones was selected by the Dolphins in the fifth round of the 2010 NFL Draaft and has racked up 182 tackles, six interceptions and four sacks in 44 games, including 30 starts over the last three seasons.dddddddddddd The University of Georgia product is listed as Miamis starting safety on the teams most recent depth chart. Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen