Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

nt there.In fairness, she has been battling a cold.I went into the race with my expectations a little bit lower than shou

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 25.09.2018 08:07
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- The American teenager was talking as if her time in Rio was done -- the competition was just too intimidating, the Olympic atmosphere was too overwhelming and she was bothered by a persistent cold.Thats the thing about Sydney McLaughlin, even when shes not at her best and maybe a bit overwhelmed, she still finds a way to get things done. The 17-year-old from Dunellen, New Jersey, cut it close Monday night, but made it through to the semifinals of the 400-meter hurdles.Looks like that summer homework project shes been putting off will just have to wait another few days.Its exciting to be here, said McLaughlin, who finished in 56.32 seconds -- the 20th fastest time, and just enough to advance. But its also a little intimidating, because a lot of people have done this before and have more experience than me. I mean, just to be here, at this age, representing my country, its amazing.McLaughlin wasnt exactly sure how to run this type of Olympic race -- go out fast or save a burst to finish. So, she decided to play it safe. Midway through, she knew that wasnt going to cut it and turned on the speed.Its hard to bounce back from some sloppy hurdles in the beginning, said McLaughlin, the youngest American track and field athlete to compete in the Summer Games since 1972, according to USA Track and Field. You waste energy trying to fix your stride pattern. Overall, the strength wasnt there.In fairness, she has been battling a cold.I went into the race with my expectations a little bit lower than shouldve been, said McLaughlin, who turned 17 on Aug. 7. It took me 200 meters to realize everyone is working for a spot here. Its not just another race.Its definitely not.A little down after her performance -- she didnt earn one of the three automatic spots -- she was almost resigned to having her experience in Rio draw to a close.When all the heats had finished, there was a big sigh of relief.Its so much to process in one race and try to overcome at one time, said McLaughlin, who didnt walk in the opening ceremony but plans to get involved in the closing ceremony. Im not really particularly happy with my performance. But whatever happens, happens.About her reading project which is due before she starts her senior year in about a month. She vows to get it done -- and she is an expert at juggling.No, really. She started a juggling club at her high school and can juggle while riding a unicycle.The homework, she said, Thats next on my agenda. http://www.bengalsrookiestore.com/Bengals-Kevin-Minter-Jersey/ . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. http://www.bengalsrookiestore.com/Bengals-Carl-Lawson-Jersey/ . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. http://www.bengalsrookiestore.com/Bengals-Keivarae-Russell-Jersey/ . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. http://www.bengalsrookiestore.com/Bengals-William-Jackson-Jersey/ . Ivanovic was leading 7-5, 1-0 when Hantuchova withdrew after falling 0-40 behind in the second game. The match started slowly for Ivanovic, who surrendered her first two serves as Hantuchova took a 5-3 lead. http://www.bengalsrookiestore.com/Bengals-Russell-Bodine-Jersey/ . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. The Hurricanes have identified a lapse in off-field discipline in Durban as the spark which ignited their table-topping Super Rugby campaign.Five straight wins since a disastrous loss to the Sharks in early May lifted the Hurricanes to top qualifying spot for the play-offs, beginning with Saturdays quarter-final against the same opponents.Halfback TJ Perenara says the listless 32-15 defeat in Durban was one of the seasons lowest points, contending with the opening-round 52-10 hammering from the Brumbies as their worst performance.Five players were dropped for the following game against the Queensland Reds for disciplinary reasons, having broken an evening curfew during the previous week in Durban.All Blacks Julian and Ardie Savea, No.8 Victor Vito and Cory Jane were the punished players, along with prop Chris Eves.While their misdemeanour was a small one, Perenara says the managements hard-line stance has paid dividends.?A few of the boys regretted decisions that happened, he said.But we learned from it, weve becomee stronger as a team and it brought us together a little bit, I guess.ddddddddddddWe all talked about it and we know the mistakes we made.Assistant coach John Plumtree says the players realised they let themselves down in the Durban week, coming off a 33-point thumping of the Lions a week earlier.They havent made the mistake since of taking opponents for granted.It was pretty clear that we didnt prepare well and that mirrored the performance, he said.We think were better than we were when we were in South Africa as a team. Were a tighter unit.But its knock-out rugby and theres different pressures.Plumtree, a long-serving former Sharks coach, warned the South Africans are better than their eighth seeding suggests and expects them to try to mimic their winning methods of 10 weeks ago.On that occasion they flummoxed the Hurricanes with their physical defence and contesting of the breakdown. NFL Jerseys Cheap Black China NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Hoodies Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Authentic Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen