Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

male.I was just excited, said Browne, noting he had previously revealed his gender identity but had not changed

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 22.09.2018 07:32
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The National Womens Hockey Leagues first transgender player scored a goal in his debut and finally got an opportunity to hear his name announced over the PA system how he always felt it should.And Harrison Browne got to hear it again after the final buzzer, when the Buffalo forward was named the games second star in the Beauts 4-1 loss to the Boston Pride on Friday night.It was unreal, Browne said. Ive never felt something like that before.Thats because up until the season-opening game on Friday, the 23-year-old went by the name of Hailey Browne. That changed when he went public in announcing, in a story first published by ESPN, he prefers to be known as Harrison and identifies himself as a male.I was just excited, said Browne, noting he had previously revealed his gender identity but had not changed his name. Ive been out for a long time. Im not scared about it. Its nothing new to me.Browne initially planned on making the medical transition to being a man after completing his college career at Maine. Browne put that on hold in the spring of 2015, when he got an opportunity to play for the Beauts in the four-team NWHLs inaugural season.The only real hiccup on Friday occurred after the game, when Browne was cut off by a Beauts spokeswoman while beginning to answer a question regarding North Carolinas law restricting the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.Were not going to answer that, the spokeswoman said. Its about Brownie tonight.Asked if he had any issues over whether the NWHL was allowing him to express himself, Browne said: No. I feel good.At that point, the official announced the session was over after 2? minutes.NWHL Commissioner Dani Rylan said she couldnt comment because she was unaware of Brownes news conference being cut short.Rylan said she is not familiar with North Carolinas transgender law and added that Browne -- who is from Canada -- might not be, either.This year, the NBA relocated its All-Star game and the NCAA relocated numerous tournaments out of North Carolina because of the law excluding gender identity and sexual orientation from local and statewide antidiscrimination protections. It also requires transgender people to use restrooms at schools and government buildings corresponding to the sex on their birth certificates.Rylan said she is fully supportive of Brownes decision to announce his gender identity and hopes he can play a role in educating others.I think what Harrison has done for so many will make it more acceptable and allow others to feel comfortable, she said.Rylan said she is currently working on a policy to address transgender players, because the league currently doesnt have a rule. She said the policy would cover both transgender men and women.The best part for Rylan, she said, was seeing Browne score on a short-handed breakaway.It felt like the stars were aligning for Harrison, Rylan said, noting how the crowd erupted in cheers. I dont know if it wouldve been as easy for him five years ago.Beauts coach and former NHL player Ric Seiling, said nothing has changed in his approach toward Harrison, noting that he has always referred to the player as Brownie.This is Harrisons decision, and I support whatever they decide, Seiling said. The team has had no reaction. Its still the same person that walks into that dressing room every day. Its still the same person that puts on his skates the same way. Theres no difference. Miami Heat Jerseys . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. James Johnson Jersey . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. http://www.authenticbasketballshopheat.com/edrice-adebayo-heat-jersey/ . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Glen Rice Jersey .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. Dwyane Wade Jersey . -- Teemu Selanne scored the first goal of his 22nd NHL season, and the Anaheim Ducks extended the best start in franchise history with their fifth straight victory, 3-2 over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night.With the Boston Bruins set to take on the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final on Saturday, the main storylines will certainly start off with the four wins needed to advance to the Stanley Cup final and still new-Penguin Jarome Iginla taking on the team he almost went to prior to the trade deadline. But for Milan Lucic, theres still an old wound that hasnt healed - former teammate Marc Savards NHL career coming to an end after an elbow to the head from Pittsburghs Matt Cooke three years ago. "Its an interesting question because if it wasnt for that [Cooke hit], where would Marc Savard be today? Hed still be under contract with us, and would be on our team," Lucic told Joe Haggerty of Comcast Sportsnet. "I still talk to (Savard) and keep in touch with him. He was a good friend of mine when he was on the team. "Its still in the back of your mind, but its not the focal point when youre getting ready to play in this kind of a series." Lucic is one of a dozen Bruins still on the roster after that incident and Cooke answered the bell to forward Shawn Thornton the folllowing season.dddddddddddd Both teams have also played a handful of games against each other over the last three years and Bruins head coach Claude Julien was quick to point out where his clubs real focus should be. "Are you talking about the (Marc) Savard thing? Or are you talking about the way Matt Cooke plays?" he told Haggerty on csnne.com. "There are different ways of answering that. At one point, youve got to move on from certain things. Just like the next question will be like Iginla. Stuff like that. We all know about that. The thing we have to focus on is finding a way to win the series. "If you just want revenge on this guy or that guy...is it really the right focus to have? The best way to get that satisfaction is by winning a series. So I think thats where your focus has to be." Both teams last met in playoffs in 1992 when the Penguins - with Jaromir Jagr in the lineup - swept Boston en route to their second straight Stanley Cup. Pittsburgh was 3-0 against the Bruins this season with every win in regulation. Files from csnne.com were used for this report. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen