Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

doubles record to 14-1. [url=http://www.jerseyswholesalecheapnfl.com/]NFL Jerseys China[/url] . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter d

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 20.09.2018 02:16
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

The story of the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry will always best be told through the tale of Woody and Bo.For 10 years, Woody Hayes Buckeyes and Bo Schembechlers Wolverines reigned over the Big Ten and captivated the country. Teacher vs. pupil. Dear friends and fierce competitors, their legacies are linked.More than three decades since their Ten Year War concluded, Michigan and Ohio State are about to play one of the highest-stakes games in the history of series that will reach 113 games Saturday in Columbus, Ohio.With modern-day titans of coaching on each side and both teams contending for a national championship, this feels as if it could be the start of something big: a new era of epic competition between two coaches with roots that trace back to the men who defined the rivalry.On one side, Ohio States Urban Meyer, a Buckeye by birth who was mentored by Hayes successor in Columbus. With three national championships on his resume, he is 4-0 against Michigan since taking over at Ohio State.On the other, Michigans Jim Harbaugh, who played quarterback for Schembechler in the mid-1980s. After turning around Stanford and taking the San Francisco 49ers to the Super Bowl, he returned to Michigan and needed just two seasons to make the Wolverines great again.Ohio State-Michigan is always special, but when you put such brash personalities and big personalities, guys who have a little bit of an ego with all they have accomplished, and you put them on sideline with all thats at stake it just really adds to the drama, said ESPNs Kirk Herbstreit, a former Ohio State quarterback whose father played for and coached under Hayes.The best rivalries have always been at their most compelling when the teams are being led by powerhouse coaches, whether it was Tom Osborne at Nebraska facing Barry Switzer at Oklahoma or Floridas Steve Spurrier matching wits and throwing zingers at Bobby Bowden and Florida State. Meyer vs. Harbaugh is not just a throwback for Ohio State-Michigan.This is college football at its finest and at its peak in my opinion, former Ohio State linebacker and Fox NFL analyst Chris Spielman.Schembechler was an assistant to Hayes at Ohio State for five years before eventually taking over at Michigan. Their teams played 10 times from 1969-78. Michigan won five, Ohio State four and there was one tie. One or the other won the Big Ten title every year, unless they shared it.They were gruff and uncompromising. They were the embodiment of Big Ten football and the faces of two programs that in many ways mimicked each other. And they loved each other like family, though competition took precedent during the fall.They never talked to each other during the season, said Bruce Madej, the longtime former sports information director at Michigan.Hayes and Schembechler set the tone for the rivalry some fans just call The Game.Its like two brothers or two best friends trying to beat each other, Herbstreit said.Growing up in Ashtabula, Ohio, the northeast part of the state, Meyer and his family were unabashed Buckeyes fans. His first taste of college coaching was at Ohio State, where he was a graduate assistant in 1986 and 87 for Earle Bruce, the man who worked for and then replaced Hayes as Buckeyes head coach in 1979.Meyer, 52, said he approaches the rivalry the way Schembechler and Hayes did and wants his Ohio State teams to harken back to the Buckeyes of his youth.I didnt say like, but theres a mutual respect, he said this week. And I learned it from those two, two of the greatest coaches of all time. They handled themselves with incredible class, toughness, demanded of their players, and you got to see that every time those two teams played. So thats my memory, and thats how we go about our business here.Harbaugh, 52, was born seven months before Meyer in the same hospital in Toledo, Ohio.What a small world, as they say, Harbaugh said.The son of a coach, Harbaughs father, Jack, worked for Schembechler in the `70s, and eventually Jim Harbaugh played for Bo. The last time Harbaugh was involved in a football game in Columbus, he was Michigans quarterback in 1986, delivering on a victory he guaranteed.He is one of Bos boys, Madej said. That adds to everything that we have here at Michigan and I think that adds to the rivalry.Ohio State has won 11 of the last 12 meetings with Michigan, including the series only 1-2 matchup in 2006. The day before Ohio State beat Michigan 42-39 to earn a spot in the national championship game, Schembechler, long since retired from coaching but still very much a much a presence at Michigan, died.In the years that followed, Michigan sifted through coaches and lost its identity. When Harbaugh arrived in 2015, even Buckeyes could feel a difference.Theres no question he has intensified the rivalry, said two-time Heisman Trophy winner Archie Griffin, who never lost a game to Michigan in his four years of service for Hayes during the 10-year War. Quite frankly, I was happy to see them hire Jim Harbaugh.In typical Harbaugh fashion, he did not reminisce this week.Just really thinking about the process of preparation this week, he said. Getting ready for the actual game.The Buckeyes won the first meeting of Harbaugh and Meyer 42-13 in the Big House last season. While Harbaugh has never been shy about taking a fellow coach to task, he has traded no barbs with Meyer. They are not close but clearly admire each others work. Saturday in Columbus one will likely end the others chance to win a national championship.They will likely never share a bond the way Schembechler and Hayes did, but Meyer and Harbaugh could be about to write the next memorable chapter in one of college footballs greatest rivalries.---This story has been corrected to show that there have been 113 games, not 114, in the series, when taking into consideration a vacated game.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 .---Follow Ralph D. Russo at www.Twitter.com/ralphDrussoAP Jerseys NFL Wholesale . U.S. District Judge Lorna G. Schofield in Manhattan agreed that lawyers on both sides could make their formal requests by Nov. 8. A hearing is scheduled for a day earlier. Jordan Siev, a lawyer for Rodriguez, wrote in a joint letter to the judge from lawyers on both sides that MLB lawyers planned to ask that the lawsuit be dismissed. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. http://www.jerseyswholesalecheapnfl.com/ . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. NFL Jerseys China . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his business-like approach to the season even after Portland downed the two-time defending league champion Los Angeles Galaxy to gain crucial playoff position. Cheap Jerseys From China . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. MILWAUKEE -- Dan Straily kept up his domination of the Milwaukee Brewers this season.Straily pitched into the seventh inning and Joey Votto hit a two-run homer to lift the Cincinnati Reds to a 6-1 victory over the Brewers on Saturday night.Straily (14-8) allowed just one run on five hits with five strikeouts over 6 2/3 innings. The right-hander is 3-0 with a 1.67 ERA in four starts against Milwaukee in 2016.It was good, Reds manager Bryan Price said. A lot of contributors. Certainly it was a good start by Straily. Joey hits the two-run homer in the first to give us a cushion.Vottos 26th home run gave Cincinnati a 2-0 lead in the first inning against Brewers starter Taylor Jungmann (0-5).The Brewers lone run came on Domingo Santanas homer in the second.Hes been tough against us, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. I give him a lot of credit, hes pitching well. Hes very locked in to what hes doing. We havent figured him out.Scott Schebler had three hits for the Reds, while Votto and Adam Duvall each drove in two runs.Straily left with two on, two outs and a 4-1 lead in the seventh, but reliever Michael Lorenzen struck out pinch-hitter Hernan Perez to end the threat.Lorenzen stayed on to work a scoreless eighth before giving way to Raisel Iglesias for the ninth.Ive been preaching it since day one, I want to go as deep as I can and keep us in the game, Straily said. Each night dictates how late that is because each night is different.Cincinnati added insurance runs on an RBI infield single by Eugenio Suarez in the sixth and a run-scoring groundout by Duvall in the seventh.It was the third run that gave us a little more cushion, Price said. Then we got the squibber that drove in the fourth run with the bases loaded.The Reds broke the game open with two runs in ninth off Michael Blazek, whho was pitching for the first time since Aug.dddddddddddd. 13 due to an elbow injury.Jungmann settled down after allowing Vottos home run, giving up just those two runs on three hits and four walks over four innings in his first start in the big leagues since April 28.I pride myself in battling through outings like that, Jungmann said. It was an outing where I had a non-existent curveball. I felt OK. I was a little rusty. A loss is a loss, so I take it for what it is.FARM HONORSIn a pregame ceremony Saturday, Milwaukee honored INF Isan Diaz as its minor league player of the year and RHP Brandon Woodruff as its minor league pitcher of the year.TAKING THE LEADBrewers SS Jonathan Villar stole his 59th base, passing Reds OF Billy Hamilton for the league lead. With Hamilton out for the rest of the year due to a strained left oblique, Villar should finish as baseballs stolen base leader, as he leads Pirates OF Starling Marte by 12 steals.TRAINERS ROOMReds: After being scratched from the lineup Friday due to a sore left wrist, OF Tyler Holt was available to play off the bench Saturday.Brewers: OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (strained abdomen) is expected to ramp up baseball activities in the coming days, according to manager Craig Counsell. Nieuwenhuis hopes to be able to play on Milwaukees final road trip of the season.UP NEXTReds: LHP Brandon Finnegan (9-11, 4.10 ERA) will make his 30th start of the season Sunday against Milwaukee. He is 2-0 with a 1.77 ERA in three starts against the Brewers this year.Brewers: RHP Wily Peralta (7-10, 5.21 ERA) will start the series finale. He has gone 3-3 with a 3.26 ERA in eight starts since being rejoining Milwaukees rotation on Aug. 9. Cheap Stitched Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Gear Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen