Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ed by sharp pitching, timely hitting and a dominant back of the bullpen has thrust the scrappy bunch back into the playoff chase

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 13.09.2018 01:58
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Roy Hodgson learnt a lot from his England side on a spectacular night in Berlin, but for the Sky Sports News HQ crew this was also a test of our Euro 2016 credentials. SSNHQ chief football reporter Nick Collins, cameraman Ben McNamara and production manager Steve Bone, together with myself as the producer, have followed England on their journey to France, and will be there with them in June, so this was just as much of a friendly challenge for us as it was for the players.The start of the trip was a test of stamina for Ben and I, as we met at Heathrow at 5.30am to fly out for the traditional news conference and training session the day before the game (Nick and Steve had travelled the previous day to see the German news conference and carry out recces). Heathrow was a hive of activity even at this early hour, but rather than flights being filled with people on business trips, Good Friday meant our fellow travellers were mostly off on holiday for the bank holiday weekend.As soon as we landed we were straight to it, filming at traditional tourist landmarks around the city to form part of the piece that would run on SSNHQ the following morning. These filming opportunities are often the best way for us to see the cities we visit, as there isnt much downtime. It was also a chance for me to educate Ben on Berlin a little, as I described Brandenburg Gate as Berlins equivalent of the Arc de Triomphe and told him the characters on their pedestrian crossings are famous...although I couldnt explain why. Gemma got straight down to filming with the rest of the Sky Sports News HQ crew following their arrival in Berlin We then went to see England arrive at their hotel - a beautiful five-star haven in the city centre with a doorman dressed in a traditional beefeater costume to welcome the visitors from England. At Roy Hodgson and Gary Cahills news conference Nick pressed Roy on what sort of line-up he would be selecting the following evening, but he wasnt keen to reveal many details. Unbeknown to Nick, as he was busy quizzing Roy on his options, Steve, Ben and I were being sent messages from back at SSNHQ querying the poor sound quality of the news conference. Unfortunately as this was from a single feed to all of the TV crews in the room there wasnt anything we could do about it. Thanks to the magic of the editors back at Sky, viewers wouldnt have been able to notice the problems once the clips made it to air.The team trained at the Olympic Stadium in the early evening and SSNHQ took the first few minutes live. Nick introduced the session and stepped out to show the players going through their warm-ups as he recapped some of the key lines Hodgson had told us in the news conference. A doorman dressed in a traditional beefeater costume welcomed England as they arrived at their hotel One of those newslines was that Theo Walcott had suffered a dead leg and would not be training. However, as Nick had progressed to talking about the battle between Butland and Forster to start in goal, I spotted Walcott in the group of outfield players, participating in the warm-up. I frantically grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled THEO across it before holding it in front of Nick whilst pointing to the area that Walcott was in. It might not have made seamless TV (live training rarely does as its difficult to predict where the players will be at any one time), but Nick managed to divert off topic to inform the viewers that Theo Walcott was now training with the group and we suspected this would just be for the beginning of the session (we later confirmed with the FA that this was the case).Open training lasted just 15 minutes, but that late change wasnt the only story we had to adapt to. The FA press officers informed us that during the embargoed news conference that Roy holds with the newspaper journalists, the England boss had indeed revealed his starting 11 and it would be appearing in the newspapers that went online around 2230. Roy Hodgson was given nothing away at his pre-match press conference Given that Hodgson had been so adamant with us that he would not be naming his team in advance, he had requested that the media officers informed us of what he had said, but under the same embargo. He also wanted to have a quick word with Nick on camera so we would have something fresh to run in the morning about the team. Cue a mad scramble to do a quick interview with Hodgson on the touch line at training, trying to hide from the prying eyes of other crews.Matchday usually allows us a lie-in before we make our way out around lunchtime to film shots of England fans in the city centre and conduct a few quick interviews with the supporters who have made the trip. We then head to the stadium around five hours before kick-off to do lives previewing the game. We were greeted on Saturday with airport-style security at the media entrance, with body scanners, police dogs and checks on all of our equipment. This was being trialled given events in Paris and Brussels. England comeback stuns Germany England came back from two goals down to beat Germany 3-2 on Saturday. During the game itself we send pictures and snippets of information to the online blog (when stadium wifi allows!), but in the main, as were non-rights holders, the match is actually the quietest part of our day. But this one was anything but quiet...You dont need me to tell you what happened in that 90 minutes, although Steve and Ben did need me to tell them about the final 10 or so, as they had to leave the game early to hold our spot in the post-match mixed zone. As theyre both Tottenham fans they were delighted to hear about Eric Diers winner!My route to reach them to tell them the news was somewhat convoluted as I took a wrong turn and ended up in the corporate hospitality area and someone from the German FA kindly volunteered to take me to the mixed zone...via the changing room area! So I walked in from the same direction as the players would for their interviews. I was greeted by the cameras expectantly awaiting the teams...I must have been somewhat of a disappointment. Nick Collins speaks to the England fans in the city centre ahead of the match We had quite a wait for England players to come out and do media as they all had waited in the dressing room, just savouring the moment. But when we did hear from them, it was a moment to savour for us. What a refreshing situation to be in a Roy Hodgson post-match news conference where journalists cant help but praise decision making and execution.This is Englands final away match before they travel to Marseille to face Russia in Euro 2016 (their May warm-ups will be in Manchester, Sunderland and Wembley), and if that trip is half as eventful as this the tournament will have got off to a flying start for England.Lets just hope Im writing about a dramatic win over a dominant European force on July 11, the day after the final of the Euros. Also See: Hodgson hails best night Rooney wont start at Euros England player ratings Butland suffers injury Cheap NFL Jerseys .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. http://www.chinajerseysnfl.us/ . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. Discount NFL Jerseys .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Jerseys Wholesale . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- New York Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda retired 15 straight against perhaps baseballs hottest team.He also gave up three runs in the first inning and two more in the seventh.The wildly inconsistent outing by the wildly mercurial right-hander doomed New York in an 8-5 loss to the Kansas City Royals on Monday night. New York tried to rally with four runs in the eighth inning, but the hole dug by Pineda and his bullpen proved much too deep.Its unusual, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. At times hes really, really good. Then there are times when he leaves the ball up or doesnt quite get it high enough or doesnt quite get it low enough and they put it in play and they are base hits.Lorenzo Cain, Kendrys Morales and Alex Gordon drove in runs off Pineda (6-11) during a five-hit salvo in the first inning. Pineda then went on his blistering streak before getting in a two-on, no-outs jam in the seventh that led to Alcides Escobars three-run homer off reliever Blake Parker.Pineda was charged with five runs and seven hits in six-plus innings, striking out eight.Even in the first inning, I was making a good pitch and they got a pretty good swing and got a base hit, Pineda said. Its a really good lineup.Dillon Gee (6-7) allowed only four hits and a run in the latest impressive start by the Royals staff, helping the reigning World Series champions win for the 18th time in 22 games.Just did a great job of executing pitches, Royals manager Ned Yost said. Worked up in the strike zone, worked down. Worked side-to-side really effectively.Starlin Castro drove in two runs for the Yankees, the second in a four-run eighth inning that forced Yost to summon fill-in closer Kelvin Herrera for the four-out save.He retired Mark Teixeira to get out of that jam. Herrera then put runners on the corners in the ninth but calmly struck out Castro to wrap up his 11th save.The Royals (69-62) were seven games below .500 on Aug. 6, nearly left for dead 11 games back in the AL Central. But their impressive run fueled by sharp pitching, timely hitting and a dominant back of the bullpen has thrust the scrappy bunch back into the playoff chase.They are 5 1/2 games behind Cleveland in the division and just two behind the ssecond wild card.ddddddddddddt was a frustrating night for the Yankees, who had elbowed their own way back in the playoff chase. They were a half-game behind Kansas City at the start of the night, but their second straight loss on the heels of a four-game winning streak was costly against a fellow contender.Girardis frustration was evident when he was tossed by plate umpire Brian ONora for arguing balls and strikes with the bases loaded and no outs in the eighth inning.Didi Gregorius proceeded to deliver a two-run double, and the Yankees tacked on two more runs against the Kansas City bullpen before Herrera put a stop to their rally.Two different strike zones. Its unfortunate, Girardi said of his ejection. Even the broadcasters were talking about it in the eighth and ninth inning. I dont know why. Im frustrated by it. I dont know if you give the catchers credit. I know the last inning and the inning before that Im watching on TV and I see it. Oh-1 is a lot different than 1-and-oh a lot of times.STATS AND STREAKSThe Royals have cut 7 1/2 games from their wild-card deficit in 22 games. ... Pineda lost for the first time since July 31 at Tampa Bay, snapping a four-start win streak. ... Yankees CF Jacoby Ellsbury reached base on catchers interference for the 11th time this season, extending his major league record.AWARD WINNERSYankees C Gary Sanchez won his second straight AL player of the week award. He hit .522 with three doubles, five homers and nine RBI while walking five times in six games. ... Royals 1B Eric Hosmer and Yankees SS Gregorius were chosen from their teams for the Heart and Hustle Award from the Major League Baseball Players Association.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals RHP Luke Hochevar said he experienced instant relief after surgery for symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome. The reliever will begin rehab soon. The swelling, the coldness is gone, he said. I havent had any of that happen since surgery.UP NEXTYankees RHP Masahiro Tanaka has tossed 14 2/3 scoreless innings over his last two starts. He takes on Royals RHP Edinson Volquez, who has won his last two decisions. Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback Discount Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen