Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

balls helped them post 231-7 last January - yet they ended up on the losing side as Chris Gayle (90 from 43) and Marlon Samuels

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 12.09.2018 02:03
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

The Battle at Bristol between Virginia Tech and Tennessee on Saturday (8 p.m. ET, ABC) has us thinking about cars. In this case, were thinking about first cars.Long before the seven-figure contracts and school-issued Escalades, coaches were just like us, driving around in cars that may not have been the prettiest but still hold special memories. Dan Mullen drove his ballet-teacher-mothers ride, which had the license plate UDANCE. Bill Snyder had a 1946 (!) yellow convertible that his mother forced him to give back because he was staying out too late. Kliff Kingsbury got stuck in a lake while trying to, in his words, be really smooth with a female friend.Here are our favorite first-car stories from coaches: Bill Snyder, Kansas State, 1946 yellow Mercury convertibleI was raised by a single-parent mother. My first automobile, my father -- they were separated -- bought a 1946 yellow Mercury convertible. I was 16 years old and I didnt deserve to have an automobile and my mother knew that. She was in chagrin that I did. It kind of affected things. I started staying out a little bit later than I should and driving around and maybe got a little distracted from the way my mother wanted me to be. I didnt have it maybe at best two weeks. My mother called my father and said either you come and get this automobile tomorrow or you will find it in the Missouri River, which was about six blocks away from our house. Sure enough, my father came and got the automobile.? Kliff Kingsbury, Texas Tech, white Ford F-150 truckKind of a ranch truck my grandfather gave me off of his ranch, not his in-town driving truck, so it was a little rough, but it got around. I got it stuck in a lake, in his lake, one night trying to be really smooth with a female friend and he had to come pull me out at about 2 a.m., so, bad look. Bad night. Dan Mullen, Mississippi State, 1984 Ford MustangMy first car, I turned 16, my mom had an old 84 Ford Mustang with the T-bar roof, the glass roofs you can take off and put in the container in the back. It was kind of one of those down years for Mustangs. It wasnt one of the really awesome, cool ones. I ended up getting it to have to drive my younger brother and sister around, so you took on an awful lot of responsibilities. But I tell you what: When youre 16, you pop the roof off a car, you did feel pretty cool blaring some music out of a bad stereo in this somewhat not-so-cool car. The only issue was my mom teaches classical ballet and the license plate at the time said UDANCE. So all of my friends would laugh because wed go out in the UDANCE-mobile. Jim McElwain, Florida, 1972 pea-green Ford PintoMy first car, it really comes to ownership, was a 1972 Ford Pinto. Sweet-pea green. And I had a killer eight-track tape deck. Listenin to tunes (Earth, Wind & Fire), rollin down the road, that stick shift hummin ... There aint nothing like a Ford Pinto.? Dabo Swinney, Clemson, black Nissan SentraLooked like a little BMW. It was awesome.Best moment: Getting it back after I had it about a month. It went over a cliff and smashed into a tree. Kicked out of gear and I had to pay on it for like a year, making payments before I got it out of the Bondo shop. Getting it back was like getting a new car all over again.Whose fault was the accident??I guess it was mine. I put it in second gear and got out of the car and it kicked out of gear. I was getting ready to go in my buddys truck and clean gutters and work, and turn around and it was rolling. I got in front of it trying to stop it and it kept rolling and momentum went off the driveway into the woods and T-boned into a tree. It was a devastating moment. I only had it like a month and I didnt have a car prior to that. So I was without a car for another year. I ended up not having insurance on it, so thats why it was in the shop for so long. Cheap NFL T-shirts . Self was acquired from the Buffalo Bandits in a trade for Alex Hill midway through last season, and made his debut in Rochester on March 16, 2013. Stitched Jerseys . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. http://www.cheapjerseys.accountant/ . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys .C. -- When North Carolina freshman Ryan Switzer reported to training camp in August he was a little miffed to learn he was third on the depth chart at punt returner. NFL Jerseys From China . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday.With the planets finest short-form players in action at the ICC World Twenty20, there must a fair chance that some new T20I records are set. But who holds said records at the moment? Read on for details of an Aaron Finch smash-a-thon, a run-fest in Johannesburg, a 45-ball ton and an over Stuart Broad would rather you didnt mention...156 - Highest score (Aaron Finch, AUSTRALIA v England, Ageas Bowl, 2013)Opener Finch went berserk at The Ageas Bowl, smashing 14 sixes and 11 fours as he surpassed the previous best T20I innings, Brendon McCullums 123 against Bangladesh in the 2012 World T20. So memorable was the knock that an exquisite 90 not out from 49 balls by Joe Root - who was smashed for three straight maximums by Finch - has been largely forgotten. Joe Roots 90 came in vain for England 220-6 - Record team score (SRI LANKA v Kenya, Johannesburg, 2007)With Sanath Jayasuriya, Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene in your team, youre going to give someone a pummelling at some stage. Kenya were that someone. Sangakkara missed out, relatively speaking, with an 18-ball 30, leaving Jayasuriya (88 from 44) and Jayawardene (65 from 27) to do the brunt of the damage before Jehan Mubarak (46 from 10) ran riot at the end.467 - Highest match aggregate (SOUTH AFRICA v WINDIES, Jburg, 2015)South Africa must have been feeling pretty confident after Faf du Plessis 119 from 56 balls helped them post 231-7 last January - yet they ended up on the losing side as Chris Gayle (90 from 43) and Marlon Samuels (60 from 39) set a base and Darren Sammy (20no from 7) blasted the Windies home, the tourists ending on 236-6 after Sammy mowed over square leg for six. Faf du Plessis biffed 119 against West Indies - and lost! 45 balls - Fastest ton (Richard Levi, SOUTH AFRICA v NZ, Hamilton, 2012)Du Plessis century came off 46 balls and Finchs from 47, meaning burly Levi remains the quickest man to three figures in a T20I. Levi, who now plays for Northamptonshire, went on to score an unbeaten 117 from 51 deliveries as the Proteas strolled past the Black Caps 173 with exactly four overs to spare, AB de Villiers (39 from 36) relegated to support act - for once!6 - Most sixes in an over (Yuvraj Singh, INDIA v ENGLANND, Durban, 2007)Look away now, Stuart Broad! The England seamer must have cricked his neck in the 2007 World T20 as he watched Yuvraj muscle each delivery of his 19th over beyond the ropes - the Indian clearing, in chronological order, cow corner, deep backward square, extra cover, backward point, midwicket and mid-on while thumping the swiftest fifty in T20 history (12 balls).dddddddddddd Stuart Broad looks on as Yuvraj wallops him for another six 19 - Record number of sixes in an innings (NETHERLANDS v Ireland, Sylhet, 2014)Netherlands needed to chase down Irelands 189 in 14.2 overs to make the Super 10s stage of the 2014 World T20. They did it 13.5. Stephan Myburgh nailed seven sixes, Tom Cooper hit six and Wesley Barresi a further three, including the one that sealed victory and lifted the Dutch above the 18 maximums Australia biffed in that Finch-inspired knock against England.6-8 - Best bowling figures (Ajantha Mendis, SL v Zim, Hambantota, 2012)Mendis, overlooked by Sri Lanka this year, is the only man to take two six-wicket hauls in a T20I. He got the 2012 World T20 off to a bang with 6-8 against Zimbabwe, though would have had 6-4 had he not bowled a rank leg-sider that Elton Chigumbura swept to the fence! Mendis also took 6-16 against Australia in 2011, Steve Smith and David Warner among his victims Ajantha Mendis celebrates a wicket during his 6-8 against Zimbabwe 171 - Highest partnership (Guptill & Williamson, NZ v Pak, Hamilton, 2016)Guptill and Williamson put Pakistans attack to the sword in January with their 171-run stand for the opening wicket, which pipped the 170 Graeme Smith and Loots Bosman plundered against England in 2009. Guptill (87) walloped four sixes but Williamson (72) hit none, his score the third highest in T20Is without a maximum, after Du Plessis (79no) and Ricky Ponting (76).Sky Sports is the only place you can watch all 35 games in 27 days of the 2016 ICC World T20. Or watch from £6.99 without a contract, on NOW TV. Also See: World T20: Top shocks Quiz: World T20 cricket ICC World T20 fixtures ICC World T20 squads Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys 2020 China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen