Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

allpark on a hot summer night, the 284-foot fly turned into a disorienting disaster for the Cleveland Indians?on Tuesday night d

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 11.09.2018 02:06
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- Addison Russell lofted a fly ball in the first inning, and right fielder Lonnie Chisenhall converged with center fielder Tyler Naquin.Probably an easy play in a half-filled ballpark on a hot summer night, the 284-foot fly turned into a disorienting disaster for the Cleveland Indians?on Tuesday night during Game 6 of the World Series.With a loud, raucous crowd packing Progressive Field in hopes of witnessing Clevelands first World Series title since 1948, the ball hung in the air for 5 seconds. Chisenhall pulled up and looked at the onrushing Naquin, who was a few feet behind him.A 25-year-old rookie who made his debut on opening day, Naquin had no chance by then to make the catch. The ball bounced past him for a two-run double, as Anthony Rizzo scored and then Ben Zobrist?--?who bowled over Indians catcher Roberto Perez.The Chicago Cubs?had built a three-run lead before Jake Arrieta threw his first pitch.It counts as a hit, which I was totally stoked, Russell said. I thought that was going to be kind of a routine play.Far from it.Cleveland never recovered, and Chicago coasted to a 9-3 win that forced the World Series to a deciding Game 7.Kind of one of those deals you wish you could take back, Naquin said. Me being the center fielder, I need to take charge on that.Even after the game, the sequence of what happened was unclear. Naquin said both players called for the ball. Chisenhall said neither did.Baseball practice dictates that corner outfielders defer to their teammate in center.Its Naquins ball. He was playing on that side, and hes the center fielder, Indians manager Terry Francona said. I think at the end there, as Lonnie was kind of pulling off, Naquin was yelling, Its yours. You got it.Chisenhall, a 28-year-old converted third baseman in his sixth big league season, appeared to follow protocol.Still, he shouldered the blame.I should have caught that ball. I made the aggressive move on it, Chisenhall said. The balls moving towards me, and somebodys got to catch it. It should have been me.He said he saw me moving towards the ball, and I should have continued my route, and I kind of felt him coming, so I pulled up. But I should have kept going.By the third inning, Chisenhall did take charge and cut in front of Naquin to catch Kris Bryants fly with a runner on as the center fielder slid behind him.Youve got to catch the ball. You cant let another one drop, so you risk making a collision, Chisenhall said. We talked about it. We were both avid about not letting the ball hit the grass.Chisenhall and Naquin had a long discussion during a pitching change later in the inning, joined by left fielder Coco Crisp. Naquin said he suggested they use their arms as flippers to signal each other.Three pitches later, Russell hit a grand slam off Dan Otero for a seven-run Cubs lead.Naquin, the 15th overall pick in the 2012 amateur draft, hit .296 with 14 home runs and 43 RBIs during the regular season but is 4-for-25 (.160) with two RBIs in the postseason, including a strikeout that left the bases loaded in the fourth on Tuesday night.In the crucible of the World Series, defense can go awry.Last year, the Royals?Alcides Escobar drove the first pitch of the World Series to the left-center warning track, where Mets center fielder Yoenis Cespedes and left fielder Michael Conforto came together. The ball ricocheted off one of Cespedes feet and rolled along the fence, as Escobar sped around the bases for the second inside-the-park homer to lead off a World Series game.A year earlier, San Francisco center fielder Gregor Blanco allowed Kansas City batter?Alex Gordons two-out single to bounce past him for an error that put the potential tying run at third base with two outs in the ninth inning; some questioned whether Royals third-base coach Mike Jirschele should have waved Gordon home. Madison Bumgarner then retired Salvador Perez on a foul out, saving the Giants 3-2 win in Game 7.And with Game 7 in 1968 scoreless in the seventh inning, Detroits Jim Northrup hit a two-on, two-out drive that was misjudged by St. Louis center fielder Curt Flood and fell behind him for a two-run triple. The Tigers held on for a 4-1 victory behind Mickey Lolich, the last pitcher to win three starts in a single World Series.Cleveland ace Corey Kluber will try to match that feat in Game 7 on Wednesday night.Weve just got to win the game tomorrow, Chisenhall said. I think we leave winners, people will remember that. Cheap Jerseys From China . 8 Kansas to a 64-63 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The freshman from Vaughan, Ont. Cheap College Football Jerseys . Now that hes hitting streaking teammates with pin-point passes for easy layups, Love is asserting himself as one of the true superstars in the league. http://www.cheapchinancaajerseys.com/ . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. China NCAA Hockey Jerseys . However, he did make them miss him a little less. Cundiff, who had the unenviable job of replacing Dawson last season, agreed Thursday to a one-year, $1. Cheap College Jerseys . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set.Cam Newton has hit back at critics of his post-match press conference following the Carolina Panthers defeat in Super Bowl 50. Newton refused to answer questions properly when speaking to reporters immediately after the 24-10 reverse to the Denver Broncos before walking out of the press conference in frustration, saying Im done, man.That prompted heavy criticism of the quarterback, who was named the leagues MVP after a stellar regular season and playoff run, but was sacked seven times in the game as the much-vaunted Panthers offence was stifled by the Broncos all-consuming defence. Newton offered one-word answers in his post-match press conference However, he responded on Tuesday by questioning those who had judged him since Sundays disappointment.Im human. I never once said that I was perfect, I never proclaimed that I was perfect, he said. But at the end of the day who are you to say that your way is right? Weve got all these people condemning and saying he should have done this, but what makes your way right? Ive been on record as saying Im a sore loser. Who likes to lose? You show me a good loser and Im gonna show you a loser. Newton was sacked seven times in Super Bowl 50 Panthers head coach Ron Rivera offered support for his star man, adding: He hates to lose, thats who he is, thats the bottom line. Id much rather havee a guy that hates to lose than one who just accepts it.dddddddddddd The guy that accepts it, you might as well just push him out of your locker room because you dont want him around. Cam Newton was a man of few words in his post-match press conference He wants to win and he will do anything he can to win. Thats why we play these games. We dont play these games because we want a participation trophy. We play these games to win. Thats what its all about. Im proud of who he is. Do I wish hed handled it better? Yes. Also See: Super Bowl 50: Six storylines Denvers victory parade Why Cam walked out... No deadline for Manning Cheap Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Gear Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale NFL White Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen