Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ng me in again. If it took Madison Square Garden, on the biggest fight card in MMA history, against a former light heavyweight c

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 11.09.2018 02:06
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

This is good or evil; fairytale or nightmare.Thats how the AFL grand final appears to the average punter.In the good corner, the Western Bulldogs: downtrodden, blue-collar battlers from suburban Melbourne, seeking just their second premiership, and first since 1954.In the evil corner, Sydney: the silver-tail Swans, perennial finalists who steal star players from rivals, chasing a sixth flag - and third in 11 years.Every sport needs heroes and villains. And the AFL showpiece delivers them.Its not Sydneys fault that everyone - bar their own supporters - want them to lose.The same fate would have befallen any club who played the Bulldogs in the decider.The underDogs are in their first grand final since 1961. The Swans are contesting their fifth since 2005.And the Swans, with Hawthorn and Geelong, have shared nine of the past 11 premierships - neutral fans cherish a break.The outsiders, the underDogs, have come from seventh in this finals series. The favourites, the Swans, finished top.The underDogs play with dash and dare, attacking in a style which captivates the neutral supporter.The Swans strangle opponents with an often dour defensive-first mantra. Respected? For sure. Loved? Nup.Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge gives his underDogs licence to get off the leash. Swans coach John Longmire tightens the chains.But thats the off-field narrative. Of course, this premiership will be decided on the field.In the Sydney corner, there are shining stars everywhere.Theres Lance Franklin and Kurt Tippett - two players Sydney pinched from rivals on multi-million dollars deals.Do the underDogs have players capable of controlling them? Particularly Franklin. He has been there, done that with Hawthorn, and looms as the ace in the grand final pack.Theres Dan Hannebery and Josh Kennedy - Sydneys premier midfielders who are prolific ball-winners who rarely have their colours lowered.Theres renowned Swan defenders Nick Smith and Dane Rampe; theres the brilliance of Isaac Heeney and Gary Rohan, who can run like the wind and swing a game in the blink of an eye.Just how can the underDogs contain them?By doing what they have done all through this finals series.Play on the edge. Attack the ball and opponents with the ferociousness of, well, a starving Bulldog eyeing its next meal.Stick to their system. Its a system which Beveridges Bulldogs have deployed with magnificent effect in these finals with stunning triumphs - on the road against West Coast; ending Hawthorns reign; pipping Greater Western Sydneys upstarts, again on the road.The underDogs will turn to their game-busters who, in number, fall well below Sydneys.But top Dog Marcus Bontempelli has risen to every challenge - is there a better 20-year-old footballer in the land?Also emerging are terrier midfielders Luke Dalhaus and Tom Liberatore. Then theres Jake Stringer.Hes no Franklin just yet. But if he gets on fire, theres no stopping the devastation.Much depends on how the underDogs handle the early heat - Sydneys past two finals have been won by quarter-time.The opening looms as decisive. Can the good hold sway against the villains? Or will the fairytale rapidly turn into a nightmare? Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times. Wholesale Jerseys From China . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. http://www.cheapjerseysncaaauthentic.com/ . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. Cheap College Jerseys .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . In a year that already has proved to be massive for the UFC, with one major card after another, UFC 205 on Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York looks to be the biggest and most important of them all. In honor of such a marquee event, ESPN.com is providing dedicated previews to all 13 bouts on the card, breaking down whats at stake and projecting who will win, along with quotes and statistics for each fighter.Middleweights: Rashad Evans (19-5-1) vs. Tim Kennedy (18-5)Odds as of Nov. 3: Kennedy -240; Evans +200Dana Whites thoughtsI always thought Rashad was small for 205. And lets not forget, he fought on the heavyweight version of The Ultimate Fighter. I always thought he should be at 185 pounds, but he didnt want want to do it.Listen, Rashad is a super talented guy. My thing with Rashad -- the last few years I didnt know how much his head was in it. Kennedy is a tough dude who always comes forward and I think hell bring the best out of Rashad. Ive had those talks with Rashad: It doesnt seem like youre here, man. Ive just always thought hes super talented, explosive, great wrestler, knockout power, hes got all the tools.Whats at stake?Kennedy: After UFC 205, Bisping title shot or ... retirement?Kennedy is pretty confident he can beat Michael Bisping, the current UFC 185-pound champion. Probably because it hasnt been that long since he did it.For Kennedy, 37, UFC 205 will mark his first appearance since a frustrating, controversial loss to Yoel Romero in September 2014. At this point in his career, Kennedy is pretty committed to only accepting big fights. Hes also frequently out of the country, which can make booking a fight difficult.An offer to fight Evans in Madison Square Garden was just the kind of offer to bring him back into the cage, but Kennedy says that should say something about his future demands. Basically, it will take an even sweeter offer to bring him back beyond this.If [the UFC] isnt saying, Your next fight is against Bisping, who I smashed last time, then I dont even know, Kennedy said. I cant imagine the fight that would bring me in again. If it took Madison Square Garden, on the biggest fight card in MMA history, against a former light heavyweight champion, perennial contender, coming to a new weight class for the first time, in a state where they just legalized MMA -- If it took that much to get me back here in the first place, it will sure as hell take a big, shiny belt for me to stay.Not that Kennedy is overlooking Evans, whom he has trained alongside at Jackson-Wink MMA in the past and says naturally outweighs him by as much as 35 pounds. This will be Evanss first fight at 185, after years of competition at 205.He had about 20 to 30 pounds on me when he was here, and that was when he was in fight camp, Kennedy said. So, maybe a 35-pound difference naturally.Hes been a special athlete for a long time. Hes going to show up on weight on that scale and hes gonna do it smart. I always thought he was an undersized light heavyweight. Im confident hes doing it the correct way, dieting, exercising, doing the work.Evans: Once I made up my mind to continue, the doubt stopped right awayIf Evans fighting career wasnt quite in jjeopardy following a first-round knockout loss in April, it was at least a bit uncertain.ddddddddddddThe 12-year veteran lasted less than two minutes in that fight before succumbing to a Glover Teixeira left hook. Afterwards he called the performance embarrassing, and said he didnt want to lose heart or hope in fighting but something had to change.One big change ahead of this fight is a 20-pound change. Evans has played with the idea of moving to middleweight in the past and hell ultimately do so here, in his 26th professional fight.Im usually counting down the days of a fight camp, waiting for that week off before the fight. Evans said. This camp, Ive been telling myself to go easy during some of these days, I feel so good. I feel healthy. Ive cleaned out my diet. Im really happy with everything and Im walking around everywhere with my shirt off.Once I made up my mind this was something I was going to continue, the doubt stopped right away. Those were my raw feelings at the time, after the loss. When I stepped in the Octagon, I didnt feel the connection I normally did. A lot of it was just bringing things in to the cage from my personal life. Ive made peace with a lot of areas and its allowed me to just focus on fighting.In addition to turning heads in south Florida, Evans says his new, leaner physique will allow him to do something he hasnt been able to do for years competing at a higher weight -- impose his strong wrestling skills on opponents.A lot of these guys were cutting from 230. As Im getting older and lighter, I was going in at 210 pounds. The impact was a lot different and I finally said, You know what? These guys are just way bigger. I havent had the strength to grab someone and really impose my will on them. Thats when I decided to make the drop.Key statsEvans: 19-5-1 (14-5-1 UFC); middleweight debutEvans: 50 takedowns in UFC career, eighth-most among active UFC fightersKennedy: 18-5 (3-1 UFC); first fight since Sep 2014Kennedy: 14 of 18 wins by stoppage (7 by knockout, 7 by submission)BreakdownIts easy to talk yourself into an Evans win here. Kennedy has been away for two years, but more than that, Evans still seems like hes one right hand or left hook away from old magic.The unfortunate truth is that minus one dominant performance against Chael Sonnen three years ago, Evans hasnt looked right in a while. Whats interesting about that is that Sonnen is a middleweight, and if you listen to Evanss comments, he believes thats noteworthy. At light heavy, Evans was undersized. At middleweight, maybe he will look like that power wrestler his career was built on.If that is to be the case though, this seems like a tough matchup for his middleweight entrance. Kennedy will not be an easy target for offensive wrestling, and even though Evans hits harder, Kennedys chin is probably in better shape at this point. Evans has been a little gun-shy in recent years and the weight cut is a bit of an unknown. Early success with his wrestling would be a huge confidence boost.Prediction: Kennedy by decision.You make the call: Cheap Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Gear Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale NFL White Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen