Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ter fielder, will have the honor before Game 1 as the Indians host the Chicago Cubs. Baerga, a three-time All-Star second basema

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 09.09.2018 04:47
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Kenny Lofton and Carlos Baerga, two Cleveland Indians?stars from the 1990s, will throw out ceremonial first pitches at the World Series.Lofton, Clevelands former fleet-footed center fielder, will have the honor before Game 1 as the Indians host the Chicago Cubs. Baerga, a three-time All-Star second baseman, will handle the duties before Game 2.Indians fans had pushed on social media to have actor Charlie Sheen -- who played hard-throwing pitcher Ricky Wild Thing Vaughn in the movie Major League -- throw out the first pitch. However, the Indians had already decided on Lofton and Baerga, who played together on Clevelands 1995 World Series team. China Jerseys . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. http://www.chinacheapjerseysnfl.com/ .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. NCAA Jerseys China . The 18-year-old American had five birdies in her bogey-free round for a 17-under total of 196. Lee held the overnight lead but mixed three birdies with two bogeys for a 70. Cheap College Jerseys . Robinson finished with 17 points, all but two in the second half, and Lawson had 14 after halftime and finished with a game-high 11 assists as the Nuggets handed Dallas its first home loss in eight games this season. J.J. Hickson led Denver with 22, and Kenneth Faried added 10 points and 10 rebounds. Anyone who has watched the Indianapolis 500 the past few years knows Pippa Mann as the upbeat British driver whose pink car, fire suit and helmet bring attention to Susan G. Komen and the fight against breast cancer.What they may not know is that Manns pink racing program is authentically about the cause and not merely forging partnerships to get the financing needed to race.In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Susan G. Komen has kicked off a More Than Pink campaign and introduced The List, a group of 30 everyday heroes, scientists, advocates, community leaders, athletes, musicians and public figures who are being honored for their impact in working with women and men facing breast cancer.Mann has been so recognized, along with the likes of Dr. Mary-Claire King (discoverer of the genetic link for increased breast cancer risk), Dr. V. Craig Jordan (the Father of Tamoxifen), former first ladies Laura Bush and Betty Ford; Princess Dina Mired of Jordan and others.Other athletes recognized are boxings Oscar De La Hoya, who lost his mother to breast cancer in 1990, football star DeAngelo Williams, who lost his mother and four aunts to breast cancer, WWE superstar John Cena and Special Olympian Olivia Quigley, who won two gold medals and one silver medal while still in treatment for breast cancer at the 2015 World Games in Los Angeles. (See the full list here).There are some truly incredible people on this list, some really inspiring people, and to be mentioned in the same sort of sentence as them, that really means a huge amount to me, said Mann, 33, a five-time Indy 500 starter who finished a career-best 18th this May.Mann says she was first exposed to the harsh reality of breast cancer as a young girl in England, when it claimed her grandmother, and then again as a teenager when it took her aunt.I was living abroad at the time, but it was at her funeral that my sisters, who were around 20 years older than me and in their 30s at the time, sort of pulled me aside and said, Hey, this has happened twice now in our family, so this is something that you need to be really aware of as you are growing up, Mann recalled.By 2009, Mann had moved to the United States and was trying to move up to IndyCar racing. She watched the season finale at Homestead, where Sarah Fisher, a driver she admired, turned her car pink in support of Susan G. Komen.It was soomething Id never seen done before at that level of racing, and it really touched me, Mann said.dddddddddddd However, Sarah stopped driving, and she transitioned to a team owner, and we went for several years where no one was really doing anything. So you have these thoughts of, Well, someone should do something. And then, at some point, you make the connection of, Well, why shouldnt it be me? Mann started by taking her classic red and yellow helmet, turning all the red parts pink, and letting her local Susan G. Komen affiliate auction it off after the race to raise money. That turned into the full-fledged pink racing campaign Mann has coordinated with Dale Coyne Racing for the past three Indy 500s.Its a common misconception that Susan G. Komen sponsors the race car.Its really important that people understand that Susan G. Komen does not spend money on a racing program, Mann said. That would not be appropriate use of their funds. Effectively, Dale Coyne Racing makes an in-kind donation to them of that space on the racing car, and ... we use this racing program to go out and raise money for them.The More than Pink campaign asserts that pink is more than a color and that it recognizes the difference each person is making in the fight against the most frequently diagnosed cancer worldwide. The campaign comes with a Bold Goal of reducing cancer deaths in the United States by 50 percent (from 40,000) within the next decade.As a member of The List, Mann will be out and about during October, spreading the More than Pink message through broadcast and social media networks.The more Ive gotten involved in this community, not only [home] in Indianapolis, but throughout the U.S., the more people Ive been touched by, Mann says. Ive met some really incredible and inspiring men and women through this journey. Ive heard some really wonderful stories. At the same time, Im meeting women my own age who are going through this, and one of the women I met who is my own age and was living with metastatic breast cancer passed away this April before the race. She was one of the names I ran in the cockpit of my car at this years Indianapolis 500.So I really want to make sure I can stay involved in this community as much and for as long as I can. China Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Camo China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Hoodies ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen