Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

first start since Sept. 13 and his first appearance since Sept. 21.The Dodgers have been cautious with his innings, which will

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 06.09.2018 02:06
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

If the Olympics captivated you with inspiring stories last month in Rio de Janeiro -- such as runners Abbey DAgostino and Nikki Hamblin falling and helping each other up to complete the womens 5,000 meters -- prepare for many more awesome, inspiring athletes this month at the Paralympics. These athletes picked themselves up from far worse falls yet became great examples to everyone: just keep going.Consider five-time Paralympic medalist Josh George, who will compete in an astounding five events in Rio, his fourth Games. George fell out of a 12-story window when he was 4 years old. While he punctured his lungs and was paralyzed from his mid-chest down, he survived the 120-foot fall, perhaps an indication of his physical and mental strength. I stuck the landing, he said with a laugh.I landed straight up and down on my feet in these short, little bushes next to the building, Thats what really saved me, George added. The combination of landing on my feet and in those bushes and the fact that when youre 4, your bones still arent fully formed so they still have a little give to them. They absorbed enough for me to survive.George, 32, has a great sense of humor and outlook on life, along with a love of sports. Despite needing a wheelchair to get around, he grew up playing basketball and tennis, swimming, racing track and more. His parents made sure that he used sports to continue moving forward.I give my parents all the credit in the world, he said. They could not have handled the situation any better. They were amazing. They took it all in stride. They never looked at me as disabled. I was just as able as anybody else in their eyes, and thats how they treated me. I just had to use the wheelchair instead of walking.The athletic activity turned out to be more than just fun and games for George.Sports created seeds of creative problem solving, he said, to be able to find opportunities to maximize my potential. And it carried over in life. Once you learn how to recognize opportunities and once you learn how to utilize different tools to accomplish your goals, it gives you confidence in your ability to approach problems in your future and know youll be able to figure out a solution.After playing wheelchair basketball at the University of Illinois, George has concentrated on track, an endeavor in which he has won five Paralympic medals, including gold in the 100 meters and silver in the 800 at the 2008 Beijing Games. In Rio, where the festivities start with Wednesdays opening ceremony, he will compete in the 400, 800, 1,500, 5,000 and marathon wheelchair races.Im going to have my hands full, he said.His hands also will be on the improving carbon-fiber wheelchairs that he says help racers put their power into forward momentum. It doesnt necessarily make you faster, but it makes you more efficient, he said.That efficiency helps especially over longer distances, such as the marathon. Wheelchair racers complete marathons considerably faster than runners -- Georges personal best is 1 hour, 22 minutes, 55 seconds -- though uphill portions can be more grueling since the racers are relying on nothing but arm strength. Going downhill is much faster, with some reaching speeds of 40 mph, but that also leads to potential crashes.Its exciting, George said, but sometimes you end up with your stomach in your throat.It all makes the race as compelling as the regular marathon, and perhaps more so. It is like watching the combination of a running and cycling race.Wheelchair racing is growing in attention and popularity. George says that when people see him arrive in an airport with his wheelchair now, they will ask him whether he will be racing in the city marathon. He usually is, having won eight marathons in Chicago, Los Angeles, London and the Twin Cities.George also writes -- he studied journalism at Illinois -- and you can follow his experiences in Rio at joshgeorgeracing.com. He also is running a campaign called Maximize Your Potential that urges everyone to achieve their highest goals.They can see that is possible in the Paralympics, which George hopes people will watch so they can witness how great the athleticism is -- especially in the United States.We have an interesting relationship with disability, George said of Americans. Its very much a medical model where we think its people who are broken or injured or old. And thats far from the case. We all have a different disability, but were not really overcoming that disability. The overcoming part has come and gone. The struggle has come and gone. We are all out there now to maximize our abilities as an athlete and compete for a gold medal in the same sense the Olympians are.Paralympians have picked themselves up. And now they are providing the same exciting thrills and inspiration as Olympians. Cheap NFL Jerseys Store . Tevez, who has had conflicts with coaches in the past, has not been called up since Sabella was named coach in 2011. Argentina boasts Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di Maria. NFL Jerseys China . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. http://www.cheapchinawholesalenfljerseys.com/ . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys . -- For the first time in two months, an opponent was standing up to Alabama. Cheap NFL Jerseys . After a lengthy wait, persistent rain finally forced the postponement of the Nationals game against the Miami Marlins on Saturday night. The teams, and a few thousand fans, waited nearly four hours from the 7:05 scheduled start time before an announcement was made shortly before 11 p. SAN DIEGO -- The Los Angeles Dodgers won their fourth consecutive National League West title for a lot of reasons.Among them was contributions from their younger players.Left-hander Julio Urias (5-2, 3.53 ERA) is one of the kids who is doing all right. He will try to prevent a three-game San Diego Padres sweep when he starts the series finale Thursday.With Julio, its just the way he carries himself, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said of the 20-year-old rookie. He is so mature, and he carries himself with that confidence.Urias will be opposed by Christian Friedrich (5-11, 4.66 ERA) in a battle of southpaws.Urias is making his first start since Sept. 13 and his first appearance since Sept. 21.The Dodgers have been cautious with his innings, which will make him available for the postseason. Roberts said Urias will be among the 25 players trying to bring a World Series championship to Los Angeles for the first time since 1988.Urias could be the Dodgers No. 4 starter if they need one. More likely, he will be used out of the bullpen.Julio has been receptive in being able to adapt, Roberts said.Urias has a live arm and a keen mind. Roberts noticed how he goes about his work and the players he is learning from.He has really taken to the way Clayton (Kershaw) has mentored him, and Adrian (Gonzalez) has really helped him a lot, Roberts said. He understands there is still a lot in there for his growth, and to his credit, he has been open.Urias has faced the Padres once, when he gave up two runs and three hits in 5 1/3 innings during a no-decision on Sept. 2.Friedrich has struggled against the Dodgers this year, going 0-1 with a 6.39 ERA in three starts. Los Angeles amassed 19 hits and seven walks in just 12 2/3 innings against him.His career numbers against the Dodgers are similarly ugly: 0-1 with a 7.32 ERA in 13 games (three starts).Friedrich, a 29-year-old compleeting his first season with the Padres, is almost an elder statesman on a team in the process of a youth movement.ddddddddddddSan Diego waited for its Triple-A affiliate, El Paso, to finish its postseason run before calling up four prospects on Sept. 21.Already, Manuel Margot enjoyed a game in which he finished a home run shy of a cycle. Hunter Renfroe has four home runs and 12 RBI in seven games. Carlos Asuaje looks smooth at second base, and Austin Hedges is steady behind the plate.All appear poised to contribute for years. Then again, Padres manager Andy Green warns not to put anyone in the Baseball Hall of Fame just yet.They have been good, Green said, but its early in some of their major league careers, so I am going to say what I said in the beginning: If they get 15 hits in a week and a half, its good for them, but it doesnt mean anything, so much for them and their future. And if they dont get a hit, it doesnt mean they are not going to be a great major league player.Green is anxious to see how the prized prospects react things get challenging.You will run through stretches when players are on fire and when they are ice cold, Green said. The real measure of a major league player is how he responds to adversity, how he responds when he is not getting hits and how he comes back from that. You are not going to get that look in September.But at first glance, the Padres have hope for the future.The early returns are good, Green said. I love Hunter Renfroes even-keel demeanor. Manny Margots energy and smile on the baseball field. Carlos Asuaje is incredibly determined, and Austin Hedges has been very cerebral behind the plate. You expect those things to continue on, but you have to go through some tough times at this level. Cheap Authentic Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys China NFL Hoodies Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Camo China NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen