Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

bek has a 2.83 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 28 2/3 innings. Drabek joins one-time Blue Jays rotation mate Drew Hutchison with the Bi

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 03.09.2018 02:11
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

TORONTO - Emilio Bonifacio is a Kansas City Royal, Colby Rasmus is on the disabled list and Kevin Pillar and Munenori Kawasaki are up from Triple-A, the first in what could be a series of moves which reflect the harsh truths the Blue Jays face: the season is over and the future is now. "Boni wasnt getting a lot of playing time here and obviously scuffled with the bat," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "It was also a chance to get Pillar up here as well. I think in the next few days well probably have to make another move with an outfielder; were playing with three right now." Expect Anthony Gose to be recalled next, perhaps as early as Thursday. Colby Rasmus has a strained left oblique, suffered on a check swing during an at-bat on Sunday against Oakland. With Melky Cabrera down thanks to lingering knee trouble the Jays need both Pillar and Gose to maintain a complement of four outfielders. Jose Bautista is the mainstay in right field. Two of Pillar, Gose and Rajai Davis would man the other spots on a given night. Pillar arrives on merit. A 32nd round pick two years ago out of California State University Dominguez Hills, hes hit .299 or better at five minor league stops, rocketing through the system. Hes earned respect for "playing the game the right way" and is described by observers close to the Blue Jays as being "fundamentally sound." The latter should be music to a fans ears. "Clearly I could say, and I say that respectfully, we got him wrong," said Anthopoulos. "Just because if he has a chance to get to the big leagues you dont wait for the 30th round to select him. You could say that about Mike Piazza and Albert Pujols and Ian Kinsler and all these guys who were late picks.I think its a credit to the player and a credit to player development, both of them, really." The math says Pillar was passed over in the 2011 draft almost 1,000 times. Its a staggering number. Dont doubt Pillar remembers. Scouts say none of his tools stand out but emulating the work ethic of his baseball hero, Cal Ripken Jr., Pillar has met each challenge with success. "Being drafted in the 32nd round after what I at least thought was a successful college career even though it was the Division II level, theres definitely a chip on my shoulder to prove that they may have got it wrong in the draft, that the system may not be perfect," said Pillar. "Going in, naturally, I was already a little upset. I carried that chip on my shoulder." The Bonifacio trade came together after he was placed on waivers and claimed by Kansas City. The Jays will receive a cash consideration or a player in return and the two sides have about a month to work out the specifics. Bonifacios tenure in Toronto ends. In a way, it doesnt feel as if his tenure really began. He struggled offensively and defensively out of the gate, never putting together consistently good at bats and failing to stake claim to second base, which could have been his. With just a .258 on-base percentage, Bonifacios speed was rendered irrelevant and a strength of his - the stolen base - never materialized. He was thrown out six times in only 18 attempts. "Its one of those things, I mean you try everything and stuff doesnt come your way," said Jose Reyes, one of Bonifacios good friends on the club. "Boni is a guy whos hard working. He comes here early everyday, working to try to get better. For him, hes the guy if hes going to play he needs to play everyday. As a baseball player, when people tell you this is your position and youre going to play everyday there that puts your confidence level up. Its hard when you come to the ballpark and you dont know if youre going to be in the lineup or where youre going to play. Thats just me talking." DRABEK PROMOTED TO BUFFALO Right-hander Kyle Drabek, building up arm strength as he recovers from a second Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery, has been promoted to the Triple-A Bisons. In 10 appearances, eight starts, at two minor league stops (Single-A Dunedin and Double-A New Hampshire,) Drabek has a 2.83 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 28 2/3 innings. Drabek joins one-time Blue Jays rotation mate Drew Hutchison with the Bisons. Hutchison, like Drabek, is recovering from Tommy John surgery and both are expected to return to the majors before the season ends. Jerseys From China Cheap . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Cheap MLB Jerseys China . Louis Blues. Shane Hnidy joins Brian Munz for the broadcast on TSN 1290 Radio at 7pm ct. http://www.chinawholesalejerseyscheap.com/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . PETERSBURG, Fla. China NFL Jerseys . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. Forget the Big Two, Cameron Smith says Melbournes charge towards a third NRL title boils down to the form of the clubs perpetually underrated big boppers.The Storm look set to finish inside the top two, and clinch an important home semi-final, after grinding out an 18-6 win over premiers North Queensland at 1300SMILES Stadium on Saturday night.While the result was largely attibuted to the absence of Cowboys halfback Johnathan Thurston, Melbourne skipper Smith laid praise at the feet of his sides forwards and their ability to lock down Matt Scott, James Tamou and Jason Taumalolo.The Cowboys all-international middle forwards were well held by the Storm with Scott (82m), Tamou (78m) and Taumalolo (135m) lacking their usual impact.Smith said they went into the clash knowing that while Thurstons absence was going to blunt their attack, it would count for naught if they didnt also win the yardage game against North Queenslands much-vaunted big men.They dont get any smaller and they dont run slower because JT isnt there, Smith said.But our ruck has been fantastic all year.Maybe because were way down south in Melbourne they dont get too many raps or the raps they should get but I think theyve been exceptional.All year theyve given Cooper (Cronk) and Blake Green and Cameron Munster opportuniities to do their thing out wide.ddddddddddddObviously Jesse (Bromwich) is having a good season again but guys like Tim Glasby, who was back tonight, Dale Finucane, Kenny Bromwich - theyre all playing really good football and thats what Ive been really pleased with.The Storms defence is shaping as the cornerstone of their premiership charge and after provisionally moving into top spot, Smith revealed the playing group resolved to improve their standards after being challenged by coach Craig Bellamy in the pre-season.Bellamys accusation that the side had lost their defensive steel has fired the group to top the league in most defensive stats this year.Going into round 21, they had conceded the least points, tries and linebreaks, missed the least tackles, as well as boasting the best completion rate and making the least errors, according to Fox Sports Stats.In the last two seasons I think weve fallen away from our standards in defence, Smith said.We always pride ourselves on defence.The coaches challenged us during our season review to make that better. Thats been a goal of ours this year and I think Craig would agree that so far, were achieving that goal. Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen