Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

finished sixth, and Kim Conley, who ran the 5,000-meter race, will also be trying the marathon for the first time on Nov. 6.Whil

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 02.09.2018 11:59
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Gwen Jorgensen may seem like shes superhuman, but even she is felled by a common foe of regular people everywhere.Can she call you back? her husband Patrick Lemieux asked when he answered her phone. TSA is taking a little longer than we expected.The couple was on their way to Austin for Lemieuxs birthday, and then on to Nassau, Bahamas, where Jorgensen would compete in and win the Island House Triathlon on Oct. 28. It wasnt a typical activity for someone whos about to run her first marathon a week later, but Jorgensen, 30, isnt typical. This summer she became the first American to win an Olympic gold medal in the triathlon. On Nov. 6, shell run the New York City Marathon.I have no idea how Ill do, she said of the marathon after she finally made it through security.Jorgensen became a recognizable name in August when she was duking it out with Nicola Spirig Hug of Switzerland during the 6.2-mile run portion of the Olympic triathlon. With one lap to go, Jorgensen pulled away and won gold.It was a stunning moment, not just because of the down-to-the-wire victory, but also because Jorgensens 2012 Olympic chase was sidelined by a flat tire during the cycling portion of the event. Since then, everything shes done has been geared toward winning in Rio. Thats why a marathon, which had been in the back of her mind as something she wanted to try, wasnt an option in those four years.I just couldnt because of the risk, she said. I know doing a marathon wasnt the wisest decision for those four years.With her Olympic goal achieved, she can now try something new.Jorgensen wasnt always a runner first. In college at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, she competed in swimming for her first two years. When I was growing up, I had a huge passion for swimming. If you told me when I was swimming that I would do anything with running, I would have thought it was a crazy thing, she said.But after those first two years, she hadnt qualified for any NCAA meets, and she felt she reached her potential in that sport. She says wanted a new challenge and switched to running, where she had excelled in high school.For her college team, she ran everything from the 4x800-meter relay to the 10,000 meter and had a good career. After graduating in 2008, instead of going pro, she became a full-time tax accountant at Ernst & Young. She was recruited by USA Triathlon in 2010 to give the three-sport event a go, and when she was named the rookie of the year, she put her tax career on hold.Now the marathon is the same thing. I want a new challenge, she said. The marathon is a very iconic event. Everyone knows about it, and I think thats why Im excited to do it.Aside from a few days off immediately after the Olympic Games, Jorgensen hasnt stopped training. Though she has, with the help of her triathlon coach Jamie Turner, been adding marathon-quality workouts to her regular routine, which still includes biking and swimming.She increased her long run to about 16 miles, and shes been doing 6K and 7K repeats in workouts, where she runs that distance with a hard effort, then runs it slowed down, and repeats. While most of the 50,000 runners who are taking on New York have trained for 16 to 20 weeks for the event, Jorgensen didnt have that kind of time.I couldnt change everything. Im just trying to be smart and have fun while were doing it, she said.Unlike for professional marathon runners, there are very few predictions for how Jorgensen will perform Sunday. Her transition from triathlon to marathon is unprecedented at the professional level.On Oct. 9, Jorgensen ran in the Twin Cities 10-mile race, which also served as the USA Track & Field 10-mile championships, and finished third with a time of 53:13. She had a simple strategy: I went out with the leaders from the beginning. I told myself its only 10 miles, and I can see how long I last, she said.She finished 24 seconds behind first-place winner Jordan Hasay and 12 seconds after second-place winner Aliphine Tuliamuk.I surprised myself at how well I did, but I was also very, very sore after, she said. It was a reaffirmation that the marathon is going to be quite difficult because I dont really have the run mileage in my legs.Her approach to the New York City Marathon will be see how it goes, she said. Normally when I show up at a race, I have expectations, I have goals, and I have some sort of idea of how Im going to do. With the marathon, I dont have any of that.Jorgensen wont be the only member of the womens U.S. Olympic team making her marathon debut in New York City. Molly Huddle, who set the U.S. womens 10,000-meter record in Rio and finished sixth, and Kim Conley, who ran the 5,000-meter race, will also be trying the marathon for the first time on Nov. 6.While her stick-with-the-leader plan worked in the 10-mile race, Jorgensen doesnt think its a wise idea in the marathon, so she says her goal is to run fast.Im just going to go out there and have fun, she said.When will she finally relax? Until it becomes full-on winter in Minnesota, she said of her home state. Thats always a great time to take a break. Wholesale NBA Jerseys China . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Cheap China Jerseys . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. http://www.wholesalecheapnflchinajerseys.com/ . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. NFL Jerseys China . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. CEDAR CITY, Utah -- Dwayne Morgan scored 19 points and had a career-high 14 boards and Jovan Mooring chipped in 16 points to lead UNLV past Southern Utah 89-81 on Wednesday.Mooring made one of two free throws to put the Rebels up 73-65 with five minutes left before Southern Utahs John Marshall made a layup and 3s by James McGee and Race Parsons reduced UNLVs lead to three.Mooring then responded with a 3 and a layup with 1:26 left to end the threat.UNLV (5-2) went up 13-2 before the Thunderbirds rallied on a 144-5 run to cut the deficit to 18-16.dddddddddddd The Rebels countered with a 17-8 run and the score was 35-24 on Tyrell Greens dunk five minutes before halftime.Kris Clyburn scored 15 points, Tyrell Green had 12 points and nine rebounds, and Troy Baxter Jr. and Jalen Poyser each scored 11.Randy Onwuasor led Southern Utah (2-5) with 19 points, James McGee had 18 and Parsons added 15. Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen