Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

e year before tying for sixth. He shot all four rounds in the 60s at Baltusrol and tied for fourth in the PGA Championship this

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 20.08.2018 01:56
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- The Washington Nationals return home to play Monday against the Arizona Diamondbacks following a three- city road trip to Atlanta, Miami and Pittsburgh.The Nationals were 4-5 during the trip and clinched the National League East title on Saturday night with a 6-1 win in Pittsburgh.Washington (91-64) can now turn its attention to holding down the second-best record in the National League. That would assure the Nationals of hosting Games 1 and 2 of the National League Division Series on Oct. 7 and 8 at Nationals Park.It appears likely the Nationals will face the Los Angeles Dodgers in the playoffs.That is important. We have to finish up strong. These games are all meaningful and we have to approach it like that, left fielder Jayson Werth told Mid-Atlantic Sports Network after Sundays 10-7 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates.The starting pitchers Monday will be Washington right-hander Tanner Roark (15-9, 2.70) against Arizona right-hander Archie Bradley (7-9, 5.02). Roark is going for a career-high 16th win after he won 15 games in his first year as a starter in 2014.We will be back to work tomorrow, said Werth, who tied the game Sunday with a homer in the eighth.Roark was the hard-luck loser on Tuesday when he gave up one run and three hits in seven innings in a 1-0 loss at Miami.Bradley allowed eight runs (seven earned) in 3 1/3 innings in a loss to Washington on Aug. 1. But he has given up three runs or fewer in five of his last six starts and is 3-1 with a 4.94 ERA during that run.The Nationals may get a break in the series as Arizona right-hander Zack Greinke (shoulder soreness) may not make a start anymore this year.If he doesnt start Tuesday, theres probably a good chance he doesnt start again, Arizona manager Chip Hale said Sunday. Thats my opinion right now, but well have to get some input from the doctors.Greinke is 13-7 with a 4.37 ERA in 26 starts this year.I know we were happy with the MRI results. Its just more swelling in there. You cant really go full speed until the swelling goes down, so its hard to say hes going to be able to start, Hale added.Washington will try to get healthy in the last week of the season.Daniel Murphy, an MVP candidate, has missed several games recently with a strained buttocks.Right fielder Bryce Harper hurt his left thumb Sunday in Pittsburgh when he slid into third in the third inning with a triple. Harper stayed in the game and scored a run but was replaced in right by Chris Heisey in the bottom of the third.The benches later emptied when Washington pitcher A.J. Cole threw a pitch behind Pirates third baseman Jung Ho Kang, who did a fake tag on the Harper triple.His hand is sore. We are going to take care of it. It is day-to-day, Washington manager Dusty Baker told reporters in Pittsburgh. Baker, who was not pleased with the fake tag, said Harper hurt his thumb and may get an X-ray Monday.Hale, meanwhile, feels like his team is battling against playoff-bound foes.They were fighting their hearts out like some of the teams weve been playing and our guys matched in, Hale said after a 2-1 loss Sunday in Baltimore.The series with the last-place Diamondbacks (64-91) will feature the return of Matt Williams, who was the manager of the Nationals for the 2014 and 2015 seasons. Williams was on the coaching staff of the Diamondbacks before he became the Washington manager and he is back with Arizona as a third base coach under Hale. Cheap Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. Cheap Baseball Jerseys . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. http://www.cheapworldseriesjerseys.com/cheap-miami-marlins-jerseys/ . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. Cheap San Francisco Giants Jerseys .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. Cheap Kansas City Royals Jerseys . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. SHANGHAI -- No one from Japan has more than Hideki Matsuyamas three PGA Tour victories. No one from Japan ever won a World Golf Championship.None of this might have been possible if Matsuyama had never left home so quickly.Even after he blew away a world-class field in the HSBC Champions to reach No. 6 in the world, the 24-year-old Matsuyama was not comfortable being mentioned with the five players ahead of him in the ranking or other Japanese players before his time.That starts with Jumbo Ozaki, who won more than 100 tournaments and was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame five years ago.But theres one big difference.Ozaki rarely played outside the Japan Golf Tour. His only victory away from home was the 1972 New Zealand PGA Championship. Matsuyama stopped playing a full Japanese schedule after one year, instead coming to America to see how he stacked up against the best.His first PGA Tour victory in 2014 at the Memorial led tournament host Jack Nicklaus to say, I think youve just seen the start of whats going to be truly one of your worlds great players over the next 10 to 15 years.Matsuyama won the Phoenix Open in a playoff over Rickie Fowler earlier this year. And then he played the final 45 holes at Sheshan International for a seven-shot victory Sunday over British Open champion Henrik Stenson and Daniel Berger to become the first Asian to win a World Golf Championship.If I would have just stayed in Japan, I dont think my golf game would have improved as much as it has, Matsuyama said. I needed to go out. I needed to go to America. Winning this week proves to me that I did make the right decision, and it gives me more motivation to win more.Told he was No. 6 in the world, Matsuyama paused from signing tournament flags and said with a smile, That makes me very happy.He speaks limited English, though he understands enough, and so when he heard words suggesting he was No. 1 in Japan, he stopped what he was doing.I dont feel that I am the No. 1 player in Japan, he said. There are so many greats that have paved the way, that have enabled me to be where Im at today.Early in his career, Matsuyama played in Japan with Ozaki. He said he didnt fully grasp Ozakis feats until much later, and believes the legend he calls Jumbo-san has established a standard that no one will ever touch.At least in Japan.Around the world, Matsuyama has been making his mark long before his victory iin Shanghai.ddddddddddddHe won the Asia Amateur in 2010 by five shots to earn a spot in the 2011 Masters, made the cut at Augusta National and tied for 27th. Later that year, at 19 and still going to college, he won the Taiheiyo Masters, one of the top tournaments in Japan. Matsuyama also won another Asia Amateur, and then made another cut at the Masters.Once he finished his college degree in Japan, he won four times as a rookie and finished the year at No. 23 in the world, one spot behind American rookie Jordan Spieth. Perhaps the reason he never received enough attention was that Japan didnt have a history of success away from home.Now it does.He said winning the Memorial showed me that I can compete with some of the best players in the world. The Phoenix Open was validation.And then todays win proves to me I can compete with everyone, he said. It will give me great confidence going forward, especially in the majors.Thats the next stop, and its one reason he wont put himself in the same class as the five players ahead of him in the world ranking -- Jason Day at No. 1, followed by Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, Stenson and Spieth. All of them have won majors.Matsuyama finished fifth and seventh at the Masters the past two years. He was in the mix at Muirfield in the 2013 British Open his rookie year before tying for sixth. He shot all four rounds in the 60s at Baltusrol and tied for fourth in the PGA Championship this year.Im thrilled to be No. 6 in the world, he said. But being on the same level as those other players, Ive got to win a lot more to be considered with them.Still to come is the World Cup later this month with Ryo Ishikawa, his close friend who has returned from back injury with five straight top 10s, including a victory. Matsuyama will never face the scrutiny of Ishikawa, who won a Japan Golf Tour event as a 15-year-old amateur and for years received the kind of rock-star treatment at home that only Tiger Woods could appreciate.What makes them different is their youth. Ishikawa is only five months older.All the great players before me came to the United States when they were in their 30s, Matsuyama said. Both of us have come earlier. If theres a difference, its the age we came to the U.S.Its a different path, indeed. But its working. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8162 Themen und 8758 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen