Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ue clubs, who prefer foreign managers. The FA has tried to address the lack of top English coaches by building the sprawling Nat

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 19.08.2018 03:35
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

RENTON, Wash. -- During his decade in Los Angeles, Pete Carroll felt the void.Even though USC football was the biggest thing in the Los Angeles area during the 2000s and Carroll was the architect behind the dominant Trojans, there was something missing in the football community without the NFL.It just didnt feel right, Carroll said. There was a hole there that was so obvious. Thats why the league was so adamant and so diligent about staying with it and eventually getting it done.Perhaps its just coincidence -- but most likely not -- that Carrolls Seattle Seahawks will be the first visiting NFL team to play in Los Angeles in 22 years when they face the Rams on Sunday. Six other teams will visit the Coliseum this season. Many of those will have a number of players from California, typically one of the top states for producing NFL players.But few of those will match the connections and history that the Seahawks have.There is still a connection. It was that deep of an experience with the fans and the school and the community and all that, Carroll said.Carroll has the most obvious history from his nine years as the head coach at USC. He arrived at USC under heavy scrutiny as a twice-fired NFL reject and made the Trojans champions again.I saw it really as an opportunity, Carroll said. Our first game we played San Jose State and there were like 40,000 people there. When theres 40,000 people in that stadium its like theres nobody home, its like a spring game. I was kind of disappointed, I was like, `This is what its like? It changed after a while. It was always obvious to me that there were tremendous opportunities.There are others who are relishing their opportunity to play in LA. Seattle linebacker Bobby Wagner grew up 45 minutes from the Coliseum and hoped to play for the Trojans in college. He ended up at Utah State instead, making this weekend his first opportunity to play in the venerable stadium.When I saw that on the schedule I definitely was excited to not only play my first game in L.A., but to also play the first game since whenever it was, Wagner said. I think its a fun opportunity, we have a lot of California guys that are looking forward to it. Ive never gotten a chance to have all my family there. I have family who cant travel because of certain things, so to be 45 minutes away and have them come see a game, Im looking forward to it.Richard Sherman also has a lengthy history, one that Carroll would rather forget. During his time at Stanford, Sherman was part of two of the more memorable Cardinal wins at the Coliseum.Sherman caught a key fourth down pass on the winning drive of Stanfords 24-23 upset of USC in 2007 that ended the Trojans 35-game home winning streak. Two years later, Sherman came back as a cornerback and returned an interception 43 yards for a touchdown in Stanfords 55-21 blowout that became known as the Whats your deal game.Im sure its going to be huge for Pete, its going to be cool, Sherman said. He has a lot of good memories and some bad memories in that stadium. Its going to be fun. I have a lot of great memories, very fond.Game notes QB Russell Wilson practiced Wednesday despite the sprained right ankle suffered in Sundays win. His attitude is as charged up as you can imagine, Carroll said. ... Carroll said RB Thomas Rawls will get the start against the Rams. Christine Michael was the starter in the opener. ... RB C.J. Prosise is practicing this week but has a large protective club on his right hand after suffering a small bone fracture in the opener.---Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Authentic NCAA Jerseys Store . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. Cheap NCAA Jerseys China . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. http://www.cheapcollegejerseysoutlet.com/ .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Authentic . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. MANCHESTER, England -- After the acrimonious departure of Sam Allardyce, Englands national soccer team is temporarily in the hands of a man who said just three weeks ago that he wasnt ready for such a high pressure job.Yet interim coach Gareth Southgate may end up keeping it given the paucity of top-class English managers around.The English Football Associations preference is that an Englishman coaches the national team, but theres hardly a queue of top-quality candidates.Alan Pardew, Eddie Howe and Steve Bruce are high on the list of bookmakers favorites to be the next England coach, yet none of them have managed a so-called big club in the Premier League or coached a team in the Champions League. Pardew and Howe are in charge of unfashionable Premier League clubs (Crystal Palace and Bournemouth, respectively) and Bruce recently quit as manager of Hull.Glenn Hoddle, England coach from 1996-99, is also on the bookies list and a popular call with ex-professionals even though he hasnt coached in a decade.So Southgate, who has been given the reins for Englands next four matches against Malta, Slovenia, Scotland and Spain, can stake a claim for the role on a full-time basis should he impress as a caretaker coach.Except this was the same man who said as recently as Sept. 5 that he needed more experience to be England manager, having coached only one club (Middlesbrough, from 2006-09) and been in charge of the England under-21 side since 2013. Southgate pulled out of the race to succeed Roy Hodgson after the European Championship for this very reason, with the job going to Allardyce.Im pretty clear on what Im comfortable with, Southgate said then, but also I know to take that role wasnt something I think Ive got the experience for.I think its one of the ultimate jobs and you want every skill set possible when you go into it. I think with England, there are one or two other things that I would want to have had experience of before I took that role, to be going into it from a real position of strength. Maybe that happens in the future, maybe it doesnt?Less than a month later, hes been thrust into what some term The Impossible Job.To manage England will be a huge responsibility and a huge honor for me, Southgate said Wednesday.With my experience with the under-21s in international foootball, and having worked with so many of the players who have moved up to the seniors as well, I think we are in a good position to prepare for these games.dddddddddddd Its obviously been a difficult situation for the FA but it was important that there was some stability and continuity for everybody.Clean-cut, well-spoken and with no baggage, the 46-year-old Southgate fits the bill for the FA in terms of image. He would be the last person likely to get caught up in the kind of newspaper sting that led to Allardyce losing his job on Tuesday. He also knows the FA and what the national body wants and expects, having been an employee for three years.Gareth Southgate will do a good job, FA chairman Greg Clarke said. He knows the people, he knows the team, he knows the setup at St. Georges Park. Hell take over pretty seamlessly.Best known for missing a crucial penalty in Englands shootout loss to Germany in the Euro 1996 semifinals, Southgate was fired after three years at Middlesbrough following its relegation from the Premier League. He has repaired his coaching reputation with Englands under-21s and led the team to a first title in 22 years at the Toulon tournament this year.Bruce is the second-favorite with bookmakers, behind Southgate, and has to be a big contender considering he was interviewed by the FA for the job eventually given to Allardyce. The 38-year-old Howe, who guided unfancied Bournemouth into the Premier League and kept it there, is widely regarded as a future England coach but now may be too soon for him.The problem for English coaches is they are rarely given the chance to prove themselves at the leading Premier League clubs, who prefer foreign managers. The FA has tried to address the lack of top English coaches by building the sprawling National Football Centre in central England in 2012 and using that as a base from where talented young coaches can be brought through. That will take time, though.For now, the FA has given itself some breathing space and will look to have a new man in place by Englands World Cup qualifier against Lithuania in March.It wasnt the plan we had, Clarke said, but weve now got to make the new plan work. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8162 Themen und 8758 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen