Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

e, partly as an homage to her since shes retiring after these Games, Karolyi astonished them for a change.She burst into tears.I

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 03.08.2018 02:25
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

SHERBROOKE, Que. -- Winnipegs Karlee Gendron and Anna Schappert knew what to do when Manitoba lost one of its riders in the three-person mountain biking relay at the Canada Summer Games: Ride as a two-person team. Gendron and Schappert emerged from a chaotic race with a silver medal in the 18-kilometre event after teammate Hanna Boersma had to bow out with ongoing concussion issues. Gendron and Schappert discussed other options in the weeks leading up to the Games, but decided to ride the three-stage event without a third partner. "I was happy it was only going to be two because I got to race two laps," said Gendron on Tuesday, a day after the event. The 21-year-old took the first and third leg, while the 22-year-old Schappert raced the middle stage. "It was awesome to get second," said Gendron before Schappert added: "Yeah, super stoked." Gendron got off to a slow start in the first leg, but caught up to riders from Quebec and Ontario on the first ascension. Quebec Citys Andreane Lanthier-Nadeau got a flat tire near the top of the hill, allowing Gendron to pull into second. "Karlee came in and she was like go go go, Quebec has a mechanical," said Schappert. "Ontario was first, then me and then Alberta was a little bit behind us and then Alberta caught up on the climb. On all the descents I gapped everybody. "On the second half of the lap I could hear a whole ton of Quebec people yelling for Quebec. ... so I wasnt sure how far back she was so I was gunning it up the climb as best I could." While Schappert maintained Manitobas lead, Gendron was on a stationary bike first to cool down from her opening lap, then warm up again for her second. As she prepared to go back on the course she got updates from family and coaches on her teammates progress. "Anna did an amazing job with her lap and held Quebec off her wheel," said Gendron. "Then it was a battle between Frederic Trudel -- who won the cross-country -- and me. It was going back and forth on the climbs and descents and I finally took her in a sprint finish." Ontario won the event in one hour seven minutes 49.23 seconds, Gendron and Schappert finished in 1:11:16.49 and Quebec completed the course in 1:11:17.62. Both Manitobans are experienced cyclists. They have both competed in several Western Canadian Games and Canada Games and Gendron will compete in road cycling in the second week of the 2013 Games. She was Manitobas flag bearer at the Games opening ceremonies. Gendron was able to fall back on that wealth of experience for the relay instead of doing any special preparation for her two trips around the course. "I dont think I did any specific training geared towards doing two laps, but we did the cross-country course on Saturday," said Gendron, who won bronze in that event. "That was the same course as the relay so just learning the course sort of prepared you. Actually, the second lap of the relay I was a lot faster. "You know the course well, you know the conditions for the day, the mud, everything." Both riders enjoyed the relay format of the event, especially the shorter, aggressive laps instead of the more measured pace of a cross-country race. "I think the relay is just a completely different race. Its shorter for each party involved and it just gives you a different dynamic which you can excel at as opposed to cross country," said Schappert. "Because weve only ever raced one kind of race -- the cross country race -- and now theyve shifted it to three completely different types of racing which gives people way more opportunity to shine." Schappert and Gendron also liked working with each other and cheering each other on instead of shouldering all the pressure of an individual event. "It was really wicked," said Schappert. "Its nice having someone to work with because the sport can be really singly focused and when you work in a team its way more rewarding." Added Gendron: "Its totally different when you get into a team atmosphere and you have someone else that youre competing with instead of against." Manitoba was not the only team to overcome adversity. Lanthier-Nadeau carried her bike for most of her six-kilometre lap after a flat tire early on in the race. "I started running because there was no other option, because the tech zone was behind me so I couldnt go back or anything," said the 20-year-old. "I knew that my teammates were really strong and I knew that we still had a shot at the medal. So on the descents I was going on my bike and when it was too uphill or too many rocks, I had to run." Cheap Cardinals Jerseys . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Chris Campbell Stitched Jersey . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. http://www.officialcardinalsnflauthenticshop.com/christian-kirk-stitched-jersey/ . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. Womens Cardinals Jerseys . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. Pink Cardinals Jerseys . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. RIO DE JANEIRO - They dont necessarily compete for attention, but years from now people will know they passed through here because of the indelible bookmarks they placed in history. Rio will be remembered as the place where American swimmer Michael Phelps said goodbye by finishing his career with a staggering 28 medals, 23 of them gold, yet preferred to talk more about how he spent so much of his career in the shallows, battling unhappiness and resurrecting himself from alcohol issues to become a man of greater depth.Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt did the unprecedented here, too: winning his third consecutive gold medals in the 100-meter and 200-meter dashes after confirming this will be his last Olympics as well. But the grin Bolt broke into even before he crossed the finish line in the 100 will be remembered just as much because it was so emblematic of him. Exuberance defined Bolt throughout his career, along with his unmatched speed, and long after hes retired hell be remembered for how he brought lightness and joy to a sport so often defiled by doping.American tennis star Venus Williams is as quiet as Bolt is extroverted. But her love of the Olympics runs just as deep. Amid all the jaded mens golf pros who backed out of Rio and blamed their busy schedules, or U.S. mens basketball players who bunked on a yacht and chartered out of town the moment their gold-medal game Sunday was won, Venus stayed in town for more than a week after a virus left her vomiting between the second and third sets of her first-round singles defeat to Kirsten Flipkens -- still too sick to talk to reporters an hour after their 3-hour, 13-minute match.Williams couldve discreetly tanked against Flipkens. She fought. She couldve skipped her doubles match with sister, Serena, the next day. Instead, she played. She couldve dialed up a private jet of her own and hurried back home after she and her sister failed to defend their doubles gold medal, too. She wouldnt hear it. Venus instead teamed up with unsung Rajeev Ram, who wouldnt even have been here in Rio if not for the last-minute withdrawal of the Bryan brothers. Together they won a silver medal in mixed doubles -- her fifth in five Games, tying the record for tennis players.Like Bolt and Phelps, Williams milked every moment here because she loves the Olympics. And at 35, she knows she wont be back to the Games again.All of them provided moments that remind us for all the problems the Games may have, starting at the top with the buffoonery and corruption and lack of transparency in the International Olympic Committee itself -- which is crying for a good FIFA-style fumigation and overhaul -- its the athletes that always save the Olympics.The American team was a juggernaut in Rio, winning 121 medals, more than 50 more medals than Chinas total.Repeat American gold-medal winners Allyson Felix, beach volleyballer Kerri Walsh Jennings, cyclist Kristinn Armstrong and members of the unconquerable American womens eight rowing team are all unlikely to be back.ddddddddddddThe same goes for Gabby Douglas and Aly Raisman, two of the best gymnasts America has ever had.All of them are legends in their sports.Four-time Olympians Diana Taurasi, 37-year-old Tamika Catchings, and 35-year-old Sue Bird said their goodbyes here in Rio, too, after the U.S. womens basketball team crushed its way to its sixth straight gold medal with an 8-0 tear that extended its Summer Games winning streak to 48 games.Taurasi said to avoid the emotional elephant in the room -- the knowledge this was her last ride as an Olympian, her last go-round with close friends like Bird, a teammate for so long in the Euro League and the University of Connecticut before that -- she decided to treat this journey as if it was her first Olympics. I made a point to just enjoy every bus ride, every team dinner, every practice we had, Taurasi said Saturday night. And it worked.Bird reminisced about the tone-setting veteran players -- Hall of Famers like Lisa Leslie and Dawn Staley, Sheryl Swoopes and Tina Thompson -- who taught her, Taurasi and Catchings when they were Olympic rookies about what it means to play for the national team, adding, I hope weve done them proud.Catchings, asked to sum up her own Hall-of-Fame career, smiled serenely and said just one word:Blessed.Womens basketball coach Geno Auriemma and longtime U.S. womens gymnastics national team coordinator Martha Karolyi hit on the same theme -- gratitude -- after their teams won gold in the most impressive ways imaginable.Four years ago in London, it was Taurasi who cried buckets of tears on the medal stand, but this time around she made two-time U.S. head coach Auriemma cry in the postgame scrum by telling her former UConn mentor and alter ego that shed have never become who she is without him.It was an emotional exchange from one ultimate winner to another. And it was a conversation that, in many ways, mirrored what happened to the 73-year-old Karolyi after the U.S. women won the gymnastics team gold medal in a rout. In her 16 years on the job, Karolyi has turned the American program into a dynastic power. When team members Simone Biles, Douglas, Madison Kocian, Laurie Hernandez? and Raisman told her theyd decided to nickname themselves The Final Five, partly as an homage to her since shes retiring after these Games, Karolyi astonished them for a change.She burst into tears.I am not a sentimental person -- I am known as a very tough person, Karolyi told a crowd of reporters afterward, laughing at the enormous understatement along with everyone else. But once the tears started, Karolyi blinked and added, I was like, What is happening to me?The Olympics happened. Thats what. Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys 2020 China Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen