Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

scious and alert when taken to a hospital as a precaution.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Bears will fall hard in the AP Top 25 following t

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 02.08.2018 05:27
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- The screen at the fabulous Beach Volleyball Arena shows many match statistics, including the number of aces, blocks and digs, plus top serve speeds. Unfortunately, one necessary stat is missing: just how high the repeated earthquakes caused by the fans are registering on the Richter Scale.Sitting in the upper press area and feeling the stands sway and my ears pop from the noise, I suspect it could be a 6.4. Or maybe higher. Whatever the number, it has to be higher than the famous Beast Quake caused by Seattle Seahawks fans while cheering Marshawn Lynchs touchdown run several seasons ago. The fans here are that loud.Soccer is Brazils favorite sport, but the fans at the womens medal matches Wednesday night showed their monumental passion for beach volleyball. Not only was the 12,000-seat stadium completely filled with roaring fans, there were folks sitting on the Copacabana beachs sand banks outside the security fence, straining to watch the game on the video board mounted atop the stands.Inside the stadium, the fans roared Bra-zil! Bra-zil! Bra-zil! chants, waved their arms enthusiastically when the speakers played Monster block! after a powerful block and sang along excitedly to La Bamba, Volare and other tunes. Naturally, they also were vocally supporting their own countrys teams (but occasionally cheering the opposition, too) as they tried to win bronze and then gold in Wednesday nights two matches.At one point during the bronze-medal match, the announcer shouted, When I say April! you say Ross! But when he shouted April!, the Brazilian response naturally was mostly loud boos.Not that it mattered to Americans Kerri Walsh-Jennings or April Ross. They simply drew energy from the passionate crowd while coming back for a three-set victory.It was stereotypically Brazilian, and I mean that in the best way possible, Walsh-Jennings said of the phenomenal atmosphere. The energy is just relentless, and I felt like we had a great amount of fans for us there. They appreciate good volleyball.And bear in mind, there were all these fans here even though the matches started at 10 p.m. and midnight.Why is beach volleyball so popular here?Because we have many, many beaches, Brazilian silver medalist Agatha Bednarczuk said. Yes, its very important because of this. We can have many beach volleyball schools for kids. I had one school in my region, south of Rio, and we had 300 kids playing beach volleyball and beach soccer. Its in our lives.Even so, Bednarczuk said she never played in front of so many fans or where the energy level was so high. And she said that Tuesday night after she teamed with Barbara Seixas de Freitas in a semifinal victory against Walsh-Jennings and Ross. Wednesday nights matches were much louder.Unfortunately for the Brazilian fans, the volume and energy did not make enough of a difference for their country to win either medal match. In the opening match, Brazils Larissa Franca Maestrini and Talita Rocha won the first set and led 14-13 in the second when Walsh-Jennings made an incredible save by racing almost into the stands to keep the ball in play. She and Ross won the point, tied the score and rallied back to win the bronze.It was the fourth Olympic medal for Walsh-Jennings, who won gold in 2004, 2008 and 2012.When people talk about beach volleyball, they talk about Kerri Walsh, Rocha said. She is the most famous player in the world.In the gold-medal match, Bednarczuk and Seixas de Freitas lost in straight sets to the German team of Laura Ludwig and Kira Walkenhorst. As the match advanced, the fans quieted a bit, to the point where the quakes were reduced to mere tremors and the decibel level dropped to only slightly higher than a 747 during takeoff.Afterward, the Brazilian fans might have been outvoiced by the German fans during the playing of Coldplays When I Ruled the World.Or perhaps it only seemed that way to me because by then my hearing might have been severely damaged by the crowd noise. Even if my hearing is 50 percent of what it once was, I still will be able to hear the fans at Thursday nights mens gold-medal match between Brazil and Italy -- even though Ill be miles away at the track and field venue. Cheap Bears Jerseys China . PETERSBURG, Fla. Cheap Joel Iyiegbuniwe Jersey . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. http://www.cheapbearsjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-kylie-fitts-jersey . However, he did make them miss him a little less. Cundiff, who had the unenviable job of replacing Dawson last season, agreed Thursday to a one-year, $1. Wholesale Bears Jerseys .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. Black Bears Jerseys . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. WACO, Texas -- Kyle Hicks spun away from two tacklers, and broke away from another while weaving through defenders. On another of his five TDs for TCU, he shifted the ball to his left hand and fully extended it over the pylon as he got hit.Hicks ran for a career-high 192 yards and kept finding the end zone, after not practicing all week, and the Horned Frogs beat 17th-ranked Baylor 62-22 on a dark Saturday for the Bears.For him to fight through, and its harder on turf, and make the cuts he did was big, coach Gary Patterson said.That helped TCU (5-4, 3-3 Big 12) hand Baylor its worst home loss since 2005. It came on a day when the Bears wore all-black uniforms, as selected by the seniors, and there were black T-shirts sold outside supporting former coach Art Briles.Its tough. You dont ever see anybody going through what were kind of going through, but we cant use that as an excuse, quarterback Seth Russell said. We cant let those outside things influence us in one way or another.The Bears (6-2, 3-2 Big 12, No. 13 AP) have lost consecutive games since a 6-0 start. TCU entered the game after losing back-to-back games for the first time since 2013.`I was surprised today, to be honest with you, acting head coach Jim Grobe said. But I think that once you have a couple tough losses like we have had the last two times out, I think it may be a little bit easier to just start playing football.Tomlinson set TCUs school record with six TDs in November 1999, when he ran for 406 yards against UTEP in what was then the single-game major college record.Both teams scored touchdowns in the first minute of the game, evoking thoughts of a sequel to the 61-58 game two years ago when Baylor handed TCU its only loss that season.After Seth Russell threw an 81-yard TD pass to Ishmael Zamora on the second play of the game, Kenny Hill hit Taj Williams for a 37-yard score on TCUs second play.That was the first of 31 consecutive points for the Horned Frogs, including two touchdowns in 7 seconds inn Baylors most lopsided loss at home since 62-0 to Texas 11 years ago.ddddddddddddRanthony Texada returned an interception 28 yards for a score to make it 31-7 early in the second quarter. Then came the tackle-breaking 22-yard TD by Hicks, who was a game-time decision a week after hurting his ankle on the opening series in a double-overtime loss to Texas Tech.I thought about (a five-TD game) a lot, but I never thought about coming out on a stage like this and being able to perform like this, Hicks said. It was just great blocking by my offensive line and my wide receivers downfield blocking.THE TAKEAWAYTCU: QB Kenny Hill responded nicely from being replaced midgame a week earlier, throwing for 244 yards and running for 85 more. Pattersons team got a much-needed boost in their quest to get bowl eligible, now needing only one more win their last three games.Baylor: After all the issues off the field, things could now be crumbling on the field. The Bears were completely dominated in this game after the quick-strike start, and still have games left at No. 12 Oklahoma and No. 14 West Virginia. There were also reports that running back Shock Linwood shoved an assistant coach on the sideline.SCARY MOMENTTCU defensive end Tipa Galeai was taken off the field immobilized on a stretcher. He had collapsed on the sideline not long after being involved in a tackle. TCU officials said after the game that he was conscious and alert when taken to a hospital as a precaution.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Bears will fall hard in the AP Top 25 following their second consecutive loss since peaking at No. 8, and could conceivably drop all the way out of the poll.UP NEXTTCU has an open date before hosting Oklahoma State on Nov. 19.Baylor goes to Big 12-leading Oklahoma next Saturday.---More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. China NFL Hoodies Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen