Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

CHICAGO -- Chris Sale lost his chance at a shutout. [url=http://www.nuggetsproshop.com/Danilo-Gallinari-Nuggets-Jersey/]Dani lo G

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 27.07.2018 03:50
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Chris Sale lost his chance at a shutout. Danilo Gallinari Nuggets Jersey . He still had a shot at a complete game. After allowing a single, double and sacrifice fly in the ninth inning, Sale buckled down. He got a weak grounder to seal the victory as the Chicago White Sox beat the Seattle Mariners 7-1 on Friday night. "Thats kind of the goal as a starting pitcher is to finish as many of them as you can, and anytime you can get your bullpen a couple days off in a row, its nice, especially in this part of the season," Sale said. Sale (8-1) struck out a season-high 12 and allowed six hits and no walks in his fourth double-digit strikeout game of the season and 14th of his career. He struck out 10 three times this season. Jose Abreu hit his 27th home run and Dayan Viciedo and Paul Konerko also homered for the White Sox, who have won five of seven. Willie Bloomquist went 2 for 4 for the Mariners, who saw their four-game winning streak snapped. Rookie Roenis Elias (7-7) allowed five runs in five innings. He struck out six and walked one. Viciedo went 4 for 4 including a leadoff homer in the fourth inning that gave the White Sox a 1-0 lead. His 10th homer came on a 2-1 pitch. The White Sox added four runs in the fifth. Adam Eaton hit an RBI double and Gordon Beckham followed with a sacrifice fly after Moises Sierra singled and Tyler Flowers was hit by a pitch. Abreu then extended his hitting streak to 18 games with a two-run home run that put the White Sox ahead 5-0. He was tied for the major-league lead for homers entering Friday. Abreu has eight home runs and 18 RBIs during his hitting streak, the longest active in the majors. "I wasnt even aware of it until my dad told me," Abreu said through a translator. "He was like, You are getting hits. Im trying to do something to help every day, whether its an RBI, playing defensively. "Im trying to do something that helps the team. Thats my goal." The Mariners put runners at second and third in the sixth after two singles and a wild pitch, but Sale struck out Robinson Cano to end the inning. Konerko hit a two-run home run, his fifth, off Charlie Furbush for a 7-0 lead in the eighth. Sale allowed a single to Bloomquist and a one-out double to Cano in the ninth. Sale stayed in the game after manager Robin Ventura visited the mound. Sale gave up a sacrifice fly to Corey Hart, and Cano moved to third as the throw from right fielder Sierra sailed past the plate. Sale got Kyle Seager to ground out to end the game. "Every time I face him, hes got the same slider," Cano said about Sale. "Sometimes you face a guy and one day he doesnt have it. This is a guy, he always has his slider. Nothing straight. His slider is the best pitch he has. He confuses every lefty. You dont know when its a fastball and when its a slider." The Mariners had six left-handers in their lineup against Sale. Hart returned from the disabled list to give the Mariners another right-handed bat. Sale was limiting left-handers to an .089 average this season entering Friday. "I wouldnt say I was by any means laughing at it or anything, but thats definitely the first time its happened this year," Sale said about the lineup. "So I just tried not to put too much emphasis on it. "I knew I was probably going to throw a few sliders today more than normal, but thats about it." The White Sox improved to 28-7 against the Mariners since 2010. NOTES: The White Sox batted Abreu, the AL Rookie of the Month, third in the lineup for the third straight game. "I dont think theres any set way of doing it with him, but I know I like guys on when he comes to the plate," Ventura said. . Mariners RHP Felix Hernandez (10-2, 2.10) will start against White Sox LHP Jose Quintana (5-7, 3.44) on Saturday. Nuggets Jersey . "Im not doing enough to help them," Durant told The Oklahoman on Monday of his 28-9 team. "Im shooting too much. Im shooting too many threes. Im not helping them out at all. Mike Miller Nuggets Jersey . A criminal complaint filed in Hennepin County District Court said his girlfriend told police they got into the argument early Thursday at his suburban Minneapolis home. http://www.nuggetsproshop.com/Malik-Beasley-Nuggets-Jersey/ . -- Phil Hughes ended a personal losing streak that dated to last July, pitching into the seventh inning Sunday and helping the Twins top the Kansas City Royals 8-3 to avoid a three-game sweep. SAN DIEGO -- Other than one bad pitch, Chicago Cubs left-hander Travis Wood had a pretty good night. Wood came within five outs of pitching his first career shutout before allowing Carlos Quentins pinch-hit, two-run home run, and Chicago held on to beat the San Diego Padres 3-2 Saturday night. Wood (5-4) hit an RBI single and Luis Valbuena homered for the Cubs, who bounced back from an 11-1 loss Friday night. Wood allowed two runs and three hits in 7 1-3 innings, struck out three and walked two. "I felt good all game," Wood said. "I made a bad pitch there to Quentin. I wanted a cutter in, but didnt quite get it all the way in there and he got through it. But other than that everything was working pretty good all game." Quentin, who missed the previous four games with a groin injury, hit an 86 mph pitch an estimated 405 feet off the left-field facade with one out in the eighth to chase Wood. Quentin has five career pinch homers and two in one week. Yasmani Grandal was aboard on a one-out walk. Other than that, "my fastball was locating down and I got some quick outs there," Wood said. "All in all, no complaints other than one pitch, but thats going to happen." Quentin also hit a two-run, pinch homer last Saturday at Colorado. He hurt his groin on Sunday and hadnt played until Saturday nights appearance. "Thats a hard thing to do to pinch-hit -- one of the hardest roles in our game to come off the bench without playing and go step in the batters box against pitcher and hit a home run," manager Bud Black said. "That is hard to do and he has done it twice in a week. "When Carlos does that, that is what we expect," Black said. "He is a dynamic offensive player and our team changes." Problem is, the Padres havent seen much of Quentin this year. He missed the first 39 games after starting the season on the disabled list with a bone bruise in his left knee. "He makes us better,&" Black said. Alonzo Gee Jersey. "Hes arguably our best offensive player each and every night he is in the game." Valbuena extended his hitting streak to eight games when he drove an 88 mph fastball from Billy Buckner into the right field seats with one out in the sixth. It was his third. Nate Schierholtz doubled to right with two outs. The Padres intentionally walked Darwin Barney to get to Wood, who singled up the middle to drive in Schierholtz. Valbuena also scored in the fourth, reaching on a walk, advancing on Welington Castillos single and coming in on Schierholtzs base hit. Hector Rondon pitched the ninth for his sixth save in seven chances. Buckner (0-1) started in place of Andrew Cashner, who is on the disabled list with a sore right elbow. Buckners contract was purchased earlier Saturday from Triple-A El Paso. He allowed three runs and six hits in 5 2-3 innings, struck out four and walked three. NOTES: In a pregame ceremony, the Padres honoured first responders involved in fighting last weeks wildfires. The players and coaches formed two lines in the outfield and greeted the first responders as they walked in from the warning track. ... Cashner played long toss for the first time since going on the disabled list, retroactive to May 15. Cashner will throw again Sunday. . RHP Tim Stauffer pitched well enough in Fridays win over the Cubs to earn another start. It will come on Wednesday at Arizona. . Newly acquired LHP Troy Patton, acquired from Baltimore in Saturdays trade for C Nick Hundley, will complement LHP Alex Torres in the bullpen. He should arrive in San Diego on Sunday. . Cubs OF Justin Ruggiano could rejoin the team on the road trip; hes been on the DL since April 24 with a strained hamstring. Ruggiano played consecutive games in Triple-A Iowa on Thursday and Friday. . Padres RHP Ian Kennedy (2-6, 3.79) faces Cubs RHP Jason Hammel (5-2, 2.91) in Sundays series finale. Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen