Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

oped to place the fight on the Canelo Alvarez-Liam Smith pay-per-view card that took place Sept. 17, but friction with the Ortiz

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 22.07.2018 09:11
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson says hes not fretting about his job security.Yet, its clearly on his mind.He certainly didnt shy away from it Tuesday.When asked during his weekly news conference whether an upset win at Virginia Tech helped ease some of the disappointments of the past two seasons, Johnson used the opportunity to staunchly defend his record with the Yellow Jackets.Truthfully, Ive never worried about that stuff, Johnson said, turning the question into a referendum on his nine seasons at the Atlantic Coast Conference school. If they think they can get somebody better, they ought to go get `em. Thats certainly their right.Georgia Tech went 3-9 a year ago and endured a three-game losing streak this season, but the Yellow Jackets (6-4, 3-4 ACC) became bowl eligible with a 30-20 victory over then-No. 18 Virginia Tech last weekend.They face Virginia (2-8, 1-5) in their home finale Saturday, before closing the regular season at state rival Georgia.My job is to try to take the players that we have and make them be the best they can be -- make sure theyre going to school, make sure theyre graduating and staying out of trouble, Johnson said. Do you want to win every game? Yeah. Do you want to win the league? Yeah. But if you look back and youre realistic, historically that hasnt happened every year here.There has been plenty of speculation about Johnsons future, especially with Georgia Tech bringing on a new athletic director, Todd Stansbury. The coach has also faced persistent questions about his run-oriented, triple-option offense, with some critics saying it prevents the Yellow Jackets from recruiting elite players on that side of the ball.The coach insists the complaints are largely driven by the media.I think the speculation is you guys, Johnson told reporters. I might live in a cave, but I dont see it. I dont get it from our administration. I dont get it from our fan base. I dont get it from our alumni. I see where you guys write about it in the paper, or they talk about it on the radio. But, like I said, I dont worry about that. It wouldnt do me any good to worry about it.Johnsons record at Georgia Tech is 67-48, including a 41-30 mark in the ACC. The Yellow Jackets have reached the conference championship game three times, winning in 2009 even though the crown was later vacated because of NCAA violations.In 2014, Georgia Tech went 11-3 and defeated Mississippi State in the Orange Bowl for its first victory in a major bowl since the 1960s.Outside of that dismal showing in 2015, the Yellow Jackets have largely played up to their potential, Johnson believes, and dealt as well as they could with some of the limitations caused by academics, budget constraints and the difficulty of drawing fans in the crowded Atlanta market.We had one really rough season, Johnson said. We got everybody hurt and went 3-9.Stansbury, a former Georgia Tech player, is set to take over as athletic director at the end of the month. He is sure to face plenty of questions about his relationship with the 59-year-old Johnson and whether someone else is better suited to guide the program.Ive talked to Todd one time: the day he got hired. We traded texts on Saturday, Johnson said. Once again, thats kind of media driven on how this is going to be a huge change. I mean, Im going to coach the football team and I guess hes going to be the athletic director. I would imagine if he wanted another football coach, hell go get one. Thats the way it works. Hell be the third AD Ive had here, so it is what it is.Im just going to do my job and he can do his job.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org Morgan Rielly Jersey .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. Travis Dermott Jersey . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. http://www.mapleleafsjerseyscheap.com/?tag=auston-matthews-jersey . Kozun faked to the forehand and beat Monsters starter, Calvin Pickard, pad side in the second round for the winner. Spencer Abbott also scored in the shootout for the Marlies (25-13-4). James Van Riemsdyk Jersey . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators. Cheap Hockey Maple Leafs Jerseys . Paul Pierce couldnt believe he missed at the end. Young scored a season-high 26 points to spark a huge effort from the leagues most productive bench, and Los Angeles beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-94 on Wednesday night after blowing a 27-point lead. Heavyweight Luis King Kong Ortiz, who holds an interim world title and is perhaps the most feared big man in boxing, signed a promotional agreement with British promoter Matchroom Boxing, the company announced Saturday.Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the signing comes six weeks after Ortizs camp paid $1 million to Golden Boy Promotions to buy out his promotional contract because they were unhappy with the agreement.The signing comes as a bit of a surprise because Ortiz was close to signing a deal with Roc Nation Sports that would have commenced with an appearance on the HBO PPV undercard of the Sergey Kovalev-Andre Ward light heavyweight title fight on Nov. 19 in Las Vegas.Now Ortiz is with Eddie Hearns company, which could pave the way to an eventual fight with world titleholder Anthony Joshua (17-0, 17 KOs).Luis Ortiz is one of the most exciting heavyweights in the world and I am delighted to be working with him, Hearn said. We plan to keep him very busy and let the fans enjoy his devastating power. Luis is an avoided fighter but we plan on giving him the profile that will make that impossible.Hearn said Ortizs first bout of their deal will be announced Monday. Ortiz, a 37-year-old southpaw, is expected to fight fringe contender Carlos Takam (33-3-1, 25 KOs), 35, of France, on Nov. 12 in Monte Carlo on the card that includes junior lightweight titlist Jason Sosa defending his secondary title against Stephen Smith. Takam is coming off a 12-round decision loss top contender Joseph Parker on May 21.First stop for King Kong will be announced on Monday on a huge card in November and then we plan to get him out in the U.K. straight after, potentially on the Anthony Joshua card [in late November or December]. Im very excited to work with our first international fighter as we continue to expand into new markets.Ortiz (25-0, 22 KOs), a Cuban defector based in Miami, said he was pleased to have a new deal following the uncertainty of the past couple of months.I always had faith in my manager annd friend Jay Jimenez, but I never expect this fast turnaround and Im so excited about the future, Ortiz said.dddddddddddd God has been great to me and my family. Im ready. Im going to be very busy over the next few months and looking forward to boxing in many countries as we continue my journey to the heavyweight world championship.Ortizs rise began in 2014 when he smashed Lateef Kayode in a first-round knockout win to claim an interim heavyweight belt in Las Vegas. However, he tested positive for a banned steroid following the bout and was stripped of the title, fined and suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. The result of the fight was changed to a no decision.Golden Boy stuck by Ortiz and brought him back after his suspension. After a first-round knockout of journeyman Byron Polley in a tune-up fight, he knocked out Matias Ariel Vidondo in the third round to claim the still-vacant interim belt.Golden Boy then lined up the 6-foot-4, 240-pound Ortiz with two high-profile fights on HBO, a sensational seventh-round destruction of former world title challenger Bryant Jennings last December followed by a one-sided sixth-round knockout of former two-time world title challenger Tony Thompson in March.Ortiz was next supposed to defend his interim belt in a mandatory defense against Alexander Ustinov (33-1, 24 KOs). Golden Boy hoped to place the fight on the Canelo Alvarez-Liam Smith pay-per-view card that took place Sept. 17, but friction with the Ortiz camp and a dispute over the purse killed the deal and led to the buyout.It is unclear what the status is of the mandatory bout against Ustinov, whose promoter, Andrey Ryabinskys World of Boxing, won a purse bid for $600,000, of which Ortiz is entitled to 60 percent ($360,000). There have been ongoing issues finalizing the bout because of a disagreement between the sides on how the drug testing would be handled. Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen