Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

he franchise over the next five years, and he decided to try to set the tone for the negotiations to come in hopes that this tig

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 21.07.2018 01:32
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Mets manager Terry Collins said he thinks he knows who his National League starting pitcher will be in next months All-Star Game, even though the favorite for the job, Los Angeles Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw, is headed to the disabled list.Chicago Cubs righty and Cy Young winner Jake Arrieta might have just moved up the list.There is going to be a lot of consideration, Collins said before the Mets faced the Cubs on Thursday. There are five legitimate names that deserve to start the game. Clayton [was] one of those names. I can tell you Jake was right near the top of the list. I kind of like my guy [Noah Syndergaard] a little bit too. [Johnny] Cueto has great numbers. [Madison] Bumgarner probably deserves a shot.The race for starter is wide open now that Kershaw is out of the mix because of a herniated disk. Arrieta boasts a league-leading 12 wins and 2.10 ERA. Bumgarner is the only starter other than Kershaw with a sub-2.00 ERA, and Cueto is second in the league with 11 wins.It would be great, Arrieta said after hearing what Collins said. It would be an honor, obviously. Most important to me is my start Saturday and four days after that.Collins will get an in-person look at Arrieta when the ace takes the mound against the Mets on Saturday. Collins then can watch his own candidate Sunday, when Syndergaard pitches. Sundays starter for the Cubs, Jon Lester, should be in the mix as well, though Collins didnt mention him.Arrieta was asked whether getting the start would have special meaning, considering his struggles to become established in the big leagues.Im kind of over that, Arrieta said. Ive kind of addressed where Ive come to this point. Its a long way from where I used to be. I do understand that, but as the same time, Ive put most of that behind me.Arrieta has struggled a little recently and has seen his ERA rise above 2.00 for the first time this season. Citi Field was the scene of his worst start in the second half last season, when arm fatigue got the best of him, and the Mets took advantage.Yeah, it stunk, Arrieta said. Ran into a really hot team. New year, different team, different circumstances. Well probably relive some memories that werent very exciting, but nonetheless, that was the NLCS, and someone has to come out ahead.The Mets beat Arrieta and swept the Cubs in the NL Championship Series, so perhaps an All-Star start from their manager would help heal the wound. Collins knows whom he wants to pitch that night; he just isnt telling.I kind of feel like I know whos going to start the game, he said. Cheap Belgium Soccer Jerseys . Its an influence in football and a big part of the game. Yannick Carrasco Jersey . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. http://www.cheapbelgiumjerseysauthentic.com/axel-witsel-jersey/ . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. Replica Belgium Jerseys . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. Youri Tielemans Jersey . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. MINNEAPOLIS -- In the funny-money economics of the new NBA, Gorgui Diengs four-year, $64 million contract extension really isnt a lot of money.In the real world that Dieng inhabits, the one in which his hometown in Senegal cant even get basic necessities for its hospital, $64 million can, and will, have an incredible impact.It doesnt matter how much you make but what can you do with it, Dieng said Tuesday, one day after signing the contract to keep him with the Minnesota Timberwolves for the long haul. Im sure a lot of people make more money than I did before and they didnt do the right thing with it. I always wanted to help and Im going to keep helping. Im going to do the best I can to my ability to make peoples lives better.Working hand-in-hand with Matter, a nonprofit dedicated to expanding health care throughout the world, and Roger and Nancy McCabe of the Timberwolves Fastbreak Foundation, Dieng has put together a three-phase Gorgui Project to deliver equipment and tools for the hospital and agriculture in Kebemer. Dieng has helped ship massive containers back home with X-ray machines, beds, rototillers and even a tractor to help those he left when he came to the United States to pursue a basketball career.So while other big men like Utahs Rudy Gobert and Oklahoma Citys Steven Adams signed extensions for four years and at least $100 million, Dieng wasnt interested in squeezing every last dollar he could out of the Timberwolves. Had he declined the offer and become a free agent next summer, he likely would have commanded a contract of at least $80 million. But in his four years in Minnesota, Dieng has found a home, and he made it clear he wanted to stay.I want to be here. I didnt want to be here I wouldnt have bought a house this summer, he said. Everybody knew it. I wanted to be here. I dont like moving around back and forth.dddddddddddd I like here. I like the organization. Great people. They help you. Its an easy task for me being here.The 26-year-old Dieng has emerged as a versatile and dependable big man, able to defend multiple positions, block shots, rebound and hit the midrange jumper. It didnt take long for new coach Tom Thibodeau to understand he is a perfect fit alongside Karl-Anthony Towns in the frontcourt. Dieng is averaging 13.0 points and 13.5 rebounds in the first two games this season.I think its important for the organization, Thibodeau said. Obviously, we feel very good about him signing. Thats important for us to move forward. He embodies all the things were looking for. He has had a very good start to his career. He continues to improve. He gets better and better, but its also who he is: His character, his intelligence, his drive. I think those things are important.Diengs decision to sign for less than he probably could have gotten on the open market provides the Wolves some flexibility for the coming years when Towns, Andrew Wiggins and Zach LaVine come up for extensions that are expected to come at a much steeper price. Dieng met with Wolves owner Glen Taylor on Monday to chart out the vision for the franchise over the next five years, and he decided to try to set the tone for the negotiations to come in hopes that this tight-knit group stays together.If I go to another team, am I going to be happy? I dont know, Dieng said. I just wanted to be happy and make sure Im comfortable where I am at. Im looking forward (hoping) theyre all going to do the same and be honest with their teammates, because at the end of the day its not all about the money. Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen