Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

-fastest among pitchers with at least 100 innings (entering play Tuesday). Said Matz to The Wall Street Journal earlier this sea

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 15.07.2018 05:14
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Devon Travis has multiple hits in nine of his past 17 games. This one was different.Travis hit his second homer of the game in the ninth inning to lift the Toronto Blue Jays over the Kansas City Royals 4-3 on Friday night.Travis led off the game with a home run, then ripped a 1-2 pitch from Kelvin Herrera (1-3) into the Royals bullpen for his first career multihomer game.Hes on a nice little roll right now, Blue Jays manager Josh Gibbons said. He can turn around anybodys fastball, so, he hit two home runs and its tough to hit them in this park, youve got to earn them. Anyway, he clutched up late.Travis hit Herreras 97 mph fastball that was high and out of the zone.I dont know how the guy hit that ball, Herrera said. I was shocked.Travis is not sure how he hit it that far either.I kind of blacked out, Travis said. Im going to go look at the tape. I just tried to open my eyes as wide as I can against him. Hes hard enough to see, a hundred (mph fastball) as it is. Im just thankful everything worked out.Left-hander Brett Cecil (1-6) pitched a spotless eighth for the victory.Francisco Liriano made his first start with the Blue Jays after being acquired in a trade Monday with Pittsburgh and yielded three runs, seven hits and two walks while striking out three. Liriano had allowed 11 runs, 14 hits -- including four home runs -- and eight walks in 8 1/3 innings while losing his final two starts with the Pirates.Joaquin Benoit worked the ninth for his first save since Sept. 3 while with the San Diego Padres. Closer Roberto Osuna was unavailable after pitching the previous two days and in three of the past four.Right-hander Dillon Gee held the Blue Jays to three runs and four hits over six innings. He gave up a leadoff homer to Travis, then worked his way into and out of a bases-loaded jam in the first.Theyre a great lineup, Gee said. I was just trying to give us a chance to win. I was able to do that. I didnt feel great tonight. It was a battle for sure.The Royals have scored three or fewer runs in nine consecutive games, a club record for offensive futility.Its a broken record, Royals manager Ned Yost said. We just have to find a way to put some runs on the board.Gee walked Josh Donaldson and Edwin Encarnacion in the third and both scored. Michael Saunders double scored Donaldson, and Encarnacion came home on Troy Tulowitzkis groundout, giving the Blue Jays a 3-1 advantage.The Royals tied it in the fifth on Paulo Orlandos leadoff home run and Lorenzo Cains run-producing triple with two outs.PILLAR RESTSKevin Pillar, who has started 105 games in center field for the Blue Jays, was not in the lineup after striking out eight times in his last 25 at-bats. He was used in the ninth as a defensive replacement.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals: RHP Kris Medlen (rotator cuff inflammation) threw a bullpen session and could begin a minor league rehab assignment soon. ... LHP Jason Vargas, who has not pitched since July 21, 2015 and needed reconstructive elbow surgery, will make his first rehab start Saturday in the Arizona League. He is scheduled to pitch two innings.UP NEXTBlue Jays: RHP Aaron Sanchez has not lost since April 22 to Oakland and makes his first August start after going 3-0 with a 1.59 ERA in July. He held the Royals to three hits and one run over eight innings in a victory July 4.Royals: LHP Danny Duffy struck out a franchise-record 16 Rays in his start Monday and lost his no-hit bid on Desmond Jennings double in the eighth. Elias Lindholm Jersey . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. Justin Faulk Jersey . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. http://www.authentichurricanesshopnhl.com/ . The team says the Spain international has a muscle pull in his right leg. Barcelona hosts third-division side Cartagena in the return leg of their round-of-32 tie after winning their first meeting 4-1. Sebastian Aho Jersey . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. Green Hurricanes Jerseys . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Youve no doubt heard this all-too-common refrain by now: Major League Baseball games drag on and simply last too long.MLB appeared to make strides on that front last season when some new pace-of-game measures dropped the average time of a nine-inning contest to 2:56, a six-minute improvement from an all-time high of 3:02 in 2014. But in 2016, the average time has crept back to an even three hours.At a recent owners meeting, commissioner Rob Manfred floated the idea of limiting pitching changes and installing pitch clocks as ways to speed up games and make them more appealing to the newest generation of fans.There has been ample criticism of the usual suspects, whether its a conga line of relievers (especially after September call-ups), too many commercials or lengthy replay reviews; those issues do need to be addressed, as their impact on game times is undeniable. But as drasstic moves are pondered, a pleasant trend is bubbling up from within.dddddddddddd.More up-and-coming pitchers work at a pace that would make legendary quick-pitcher Mark Buehrle proud. Among those leading the way is 25-year-old Mets lefty Steven Matz, who burns just 18.7 seconds between pitches, according to FanGraphs, the third-fastest among pitchers with at least 100 innings (entering play Tuesday). Said Matz to The Wall Street Journal earlier this season: Im definitely a rhythm pitcher. I try to stay in that rhythm and work quickly.Young hurlers like Matz, who had his season ended early by an elbow injury, offer a ray of hope that baseball will be able to lower game times without resorting to drastic measures. Lets take a closer look.Age trends Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen