Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

lds will remain in place.dddddddddddd For the period that began last July 2 and ends June 15, the threshold was $2.9 million. Fo

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 14.07.2018 01:55
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- Early Saturday morning, Shug McGaughey was walking back and forth in front of the stakes barn at Pimlico. The trainer of Orb said he had experienced a variety of emotions during the week, and those mixed feelings remained as the race drew near. "Im thrilled and excited to be in this position," he said. "I am also a bit nervous." As well he should be. With Orb, McGaughey became a Kentucky Derby winner for the first time. With his first career victory in the Preakness, the 62-year-old would keep alive his bid to win the Triple Crown -- a feat that hasnt been accomplished since Affirmed in 1978. Asked whether hes allowed himself to think about the enormity of his situation, McGaughey said, "I try not to, but I wouldnt be telling you the truth if I told you I hadnt. Ive been reminded about it quite a bit. Id like to get by today and get back to Belmont and give it a whirl." Regardless of how Orb fared Saturday, McGaughey would always have the memory of keeping his horse in Stall 40, reserved annually for the Kentucky Derby winner. "Its a thrill to have the Derby winner and to be able to come into that stall," McGaughey said. "Its got a lot of significance. The last time I was here was in 1989. I had the favourite (Easy Goer) but there was another horse in that stall. I wanted to be in that stall." ------ BAFFERT HOPEFUL: Five-time Preakness winner Bob Baffert revealed the secret to his success Saturday. "Ive brought some really good horses," he said. "If you bring the best horse, you usually win." Standing outside the stakes barn nearly 10 hours before the Preakness, Baffert acknowledged that his entrant, Govenor Charlie, didnt have the credentials of the competition in the nine-horse field. "Hes never run against this calibre of horses before, so its going to be a big step up for him," the Hall of Fame trainer said. "But he looks like hes up for it. Hes working well and looks happy." Govenor Charlie came in with only three career races on his ledger. He won twice, including the Grade 3 Sunland Derby on March 24. Whether that prepared the dark brown colt for the Preakness remained to be seen. "Were going to learn more about the horse today," Baffert said. "Hes a lightly raced horse but hes doing well. Its going to be a class check. Hes bred for it; well see what the pace is." ------ RETURN TO BALTIMORE: With three horses in the field, Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas didnt get much time to enjoy Baltimore, one of his favourite cities in the country. "I was talking to my girlfriend and said that its really unfair that Im not able to run you down to the (Inner) Harbor and let you see some of the sights and do some of the stuff that Baltimore has to offer," he said Saturday. "I said maybe when we dont have so much going on, or if I have only one (horse) in and we dont have to be so tied to the barn, if youll come back well try to do a little more." Standing in front of the corner stall that has become his usual spot at Pimlico for the Preakness, the 77-year-old Lukas hoped the work he put in this week would translate to success in the Preakness. "When you get to the last day like this, some years you say, Man, I wish I had another week. And other times you say, I wish we ran him last Saturday. I felt great about them a week ago," he said. "You hope everything has just fallen in place, but you also have to think about what could go wrong. You analyze that a little bit. Its so unpredictable. But if youre real comfortable as a trainer that youve done almost everything you can, then all you have to do is worry about if the rider is in the same zone with you." Toward that end, Lukas switched two jockeys for the Preakness. Mike Smith was to ride Will Take Charge, who finished eighth in the Kentucky Derby, and Julien Leparoux took over on long shot Titletown Five, who came in fourth in the Derby Trial Stakes. Gary Stevens will remain aboard Oxbow, who finished sixth in the Derby. ------ HISTORY LESSON? : In his bid to win the Preakness for the second year in a row, trainer Doug ONeill planned to review old tapes of the race with jockey Kevin Krigger. "I think its good for Kevin," said ONeill, who entered Goldencents this year after winning with Ill Have Another in 2012. "Probably he needs my input like a hole in the head, but I think its something where these tracks are all a little bit different. Here the turns are tighter; the stretch is a little bit shorter. Watching the past runnings of the Preakness can only be beneficial." Krigger was seeking to become the first African-American jockey to win the race since 1898. "You can never look at these old Preaknesses too many times," Krigger said. "We put our ideas together and end up on the same page, as we usually are." Cristiano Ronaldo Juventus Jersey 2019 . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. Cristiano Ronaldo Juventus Jersey 2018 . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well. http://www.cheapcristianoronaldojersey.com/ . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offence. Cheap Cristiano Ronaldo Jersey . The defence is doing its part, too. Drew Brees threw a pair of touchdown passes in the first half and the guys on the other side made sure that was enough, sending the Saints to a 17-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night. Womens Cristiano Ronaldo Juventus Jersey . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said.NEW YORK -- Major League Baseball has abandoned its attempt to start an international draft of amateur players next year, likely pushing the matter back to collective bargaining for the labour contract that will start in 2017. Under the five-year labour deal agreed to in November 2011, the sides held discussions about a draft and MLB had the right to inform the union by Saturday if it planned to start one next year. If MLB had given that notification, the union would have had until June 15 to veto it. The sides said Friday that talks had ended. "At this time, the players are not prepared to accept an international draft," union head Michael Weiner said in a statement. "The MLBPA will continue to discuss with players and the commissioners office the many issues facing its international members." MLB began restraints on international signings last summer. Since there will be no draft, the system of a signing bonus pool with penalties for exceedingg thresholds will remain in place.dddddddddddd For the period that began last July 2 and ends June 15, the threshold was $2.9 million. For 2013-14, the thresholds are based on reverse order of winning percentage in 2012. The Houston Astros have the highest pool at $4,943,700 and the Washington Nationals the lowest at $1,846,900, resulting in overall less money available for international players without teams incurring penalties. For both 2012-13 and 2013-14, a teams six-highest signing bonuses up to $50,000 will not count toward its pool, and bonuses below $7,500 will not be included. Only players from the U.S., Canada and U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico are eligible for the current amateur draft, which started in 1965. MLB said the parties couldnt agree "on some of the mechanics and procedures related to such a draft." "The parties intend to continue to discuss international amateur talent issues," it said in a statement. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen