Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ot the Phillies an insurance run in the eighth by hitting a double to start the inning, moving to third on a fly ball and slidin

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 14.07.2018 01:55
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Max Verstappen has defended Red Bulls decision to pit for intermediates during the Brazilian Grand Prix, a call which cost him a shot at a win but prompted his sensational fightback to third.Verstappen stole the plaudits with a stunning drive through the field in Brazil, which came after fantastic overtakes on Kimi Raikkonen and Nico Rosberg earlier in the race. The teenager had been between the Mercedes drivers but had to pit late in the race to reverse Red Bulls decision to put him on intermediate tyres as rain intensified.Though he thinks second position was safe he is unsure if he would have caught and passed eventual race winner Lewis Hamilton.When asked if he felt that call cost him the win, Verstappen replied: Win maybe not, but second was definitely possible. I think we were in quite a safe position in second but sometimes you have to gamble a little bit -- were trying to win the race -- that is what we tried today. We got some great overtakes so I am very happy, of course.Emerging from his final stop in 16th, Verstappen then scythed through the field with remarkable pace, overtaking Daniel Ricciardo, Daniil Kvyat, Esteban Ocon, Felipe Nasr, Nico Hulkenberg, Sebastian Vettel, Carlos Sainz and Sergio Perez in a charge back to third.Explaining his whole race, Verstappen said: In the first [overtake] one I was trying some different lines. I found a good one and I knew that if Kimi [Raikkonen] was not going to take that line, had a good chance of overtaking. That worked out, he couldnt work out what was happening in front of him. I pulled out of all the spray and passed him.From there on I was a bit relieved because they were a bit slower behind me so I could follow the guys in front. But then of course with the red flags and stuff at the end, twice actually... The second one I didnt really understand... It was similar to before.When we restarted again, the track was worse than before, I had good pace and a good fight with Nico in Turn 3, tried to follow Lewis [Hamilton] a bit and had a massive moment, lucky to not crash the car.I got call to box, we did a pitstop, the first lap was pretty good and then it started to rain harder than before and last sector was undriveable on inters. We had to pit again and I was 15th, 16th, started to pass people again, couldnt see where I was on the straight, but passed a lot of them - and to get back on the podium was a great result here. Lonnie Walker Jersey . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Arnoldas Kulboka Jersey .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. http://www.cheapjerseysauthenticnba.com/ . Louis Blues. Shane Hnidy joins Brian Munz for the broadcast on TSN 1290 Radio at 7pm ct. Mikal Bridges Jersey . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Cheap Basketball Draft Jerseys . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. PHILADELPHIA -- Facing one of the NLs top pitchers brought out Kyle Kendricks best. Kendrick outpitched All-Star Jordan Zimmermann, pinch-hitter Kevin Frandsen hit a tiebreaking double in the seventh and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Washington Nationals 3-1 Thursday night. Kendrick (8-6) allowed one run and five hits in seven innings to help Philadelphia take three of four from the defending NL East champions. "He rose to the occasion," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said. "Zimmermann was real good. Kendrick was right there with him." The Phillies are 7-3 since July 2, including series wins over first-place Pittsburgh and Atlanta, to pull within 1 1/2 games of the second-place Nationals and one game of .500. "Its a big win for us," Kendrick said. "I knew it was going to be close. I just wanted to give us a chance and we got some big hits." Zimmermann (12-4) gave up two runs and eight hits, striking out six in 6 1-3 innings. "My stuff was good," Zimmermann said. "On the pitch to Frandsen, I didnt get the slider low enough and he just flicked it out there." Antonio Bastardo pitched a perfect eighth and Jonathan Papelbon finished for his 20th save in 24 tries. Papelbon blew two saves against the Nationals last month and allowed two runs in a 3-2 win Monday night. Darin Ruf led off the bottom of the seventh with a double down the left-field line. Pinch-runner John McDonald advanced on a sacrifice and scored on Frandsens RBI double off centre fielder Denard Spans glove. "As a group, all of us are ready," Frandsen said of Philadelphias bench. "We know theres one spot youre going to have a chance and fortunately I came through." Frandsen is hitting .355 (11 for 31) with 10 RBIs as a pinch-hitter this season. "Hes very valuable for us," Manuel said. "Hes won a few games for us already.dddddddddddd" Kendrick overcame a season-high four errors by the Phillies with two double plays and nine groundouts. Chase Utley had a career-worst three errors. "I just had to battle and keep the game close," Kendrick said. Utley got the Phillies an insurance run in the eighth by hitting a double to start the inning, moving to third on a fly ball and sliding in safely just ahead of a throw to the plate on Michael Youngs grounder to second. The Phillies took a 1-0 lead on Ben Reveres RBI single in the fifth. Carlos Ruiz reached on an infield single, advanced on Kendricks sacrifice and scored on Reveres liner to left-centre. The lead didnt last long. Bryce Harper hit a triple with one out in the sixth and scored on Ryan Zimmermans sacrifice fly to right. All-Star Domonic Brown threw out fellow All-Star Harper trying to score from second on Jayson Werths two-out single to left in the first. That was Washingtons first hit with runners in scoring position in the series after going 0 for 16. NOTES: David Bell was the last Phillies player to have three errors in a game on May 17, 2005. ... The Phillies lead with the majors with 37 pinch hits. ... The Phillies, who had a streak of 257 consecutive sellouts from July 7, 2009 to Aug. 6, 2012, drew 40,086 fans to fall short of a sellout on Fireworks Night at Citizens Bank Park. ... Werth was 2 for 4 and is batting .328 (40 for 122) with six doubles, six homers and 21 RBIs since returning from the DL on June 4. ... Washington is 5-35 when scoring less than three runs. ... Jonathan Pettibone (5-3, 3.84) faces John Danks (2-6, 4.31) when the Phillies open an interleague series against the Chicago White Sox on Friday night. ... Stephen Strasburg (5-6, 2.45) pitches for the Nationals vs. Miamis Nathan Eovaldi (1-0, 2.55) Friday night. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen