Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

LOS ANGELES -- A little bit of tweaking to the starting lineup by coach Mike DAntoni worked wonders for the Los Angeles Lakers,

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 13.07.2018 10:06
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- A little bit of tweaking to the starting lineup by coach Mike DAntoni worked wonders for the Los Angeles Lakers, resulting in a dominant first half against the Atlanta Hawks. Brandon Parker Raiders Jersey . Then came the second half, and they ended up fighting for their lives to escape with a victory. Xavier Henry scored 18 points, Pau Gasol hit two tiebreaking free throws with 6 seconds remaining, and the Lakers beat the Hawks 105-103 on Sunday night after blowing a 21-point lead. "There was a little bit of an energy drop in the second half and a lot of missed assignments, but we picked it up and a lot of guys made some good plays," Henry said. "I dont want to say it was because we wanted it more, but you could tell. When the game was on the line, guys were like: We were already up 20. We were not going to let this one slip by." Henry started at forward for the first time as a Laker and the 19th time in 137 NBA games, while Nick Young came off the bench. DAntonis intention with the lineup change was to perk up the team at the outset, and also inject some energy into the Lakers second unit while doing likewise for the cold-shooting Young. "Were still trying to find the right combinations and rack up the wins while we do it," Henry said of the growing pains the club is going through without Kobe Bryant. "We have a lot of new guys, and a lot of guys still need to learn how to play with each other. Were trying new lineups and stuff, so were still going to be working and trying to compete." Henry, who received nine stitches in his forehead during Fridays loss to San Antonio after colliding with teammate Wesley Johnsons knee on a drive to the basket and missed all six of his shots that night, was 5 for 11 from the field against the Hawks. "Ive been playing those guys for a while, so I really didnt have to change anything," Henry said. "Basically I just had to go out there and still be aggressive and still be consistent." Gasol had 16 points and 13 rebounds, while Steve Nash had 13 points and six assists and Young finished with 13 points. Kyle Korver led Atlanta with 22 points, converting all six 3-point attempts, but his attempt at a tying 21-footer from the right baseline was blocked by Gasol as time ran out. Hawks point guard Jeff Teague had 14 points and six assists after missing his first five shots. "We cant put ourselves in that situation, to always climb uphill," Hawks forward Paul Millsap said. "We have to do a better job of starting the game off." Two nights after shooting only 37 per cent from the field and blowing a 15-point lead against the Spurs despite the absence of injured centre Tim Duncan in the paint, Los Angeles shot 42.7 per cent against the Hawks. And for the first time this season, all five Lakers starters connected from 3-point range while the team went 9 for 25 from behind the arc. Trailing by 12 points after three quarters, the Hawks narrowed the gap to 90-83 on a jumper by Dennis Schroder with 10:25 remaining. Chris Kaman then lost the ball out of bounds on the Lakers next possession and committed his fifth foul on an offensive charge 34 seconds later. Millsap got the last of his 14 points on an 11-footer that tied it at 103-all with 35.3 seconds left, after Korvers sixth 3-pointer made it a two-point spread. "Theres a few things they can do to get a guy like that open," Henry said of Korver. "If they want to get someone open, they can set enough screens to do that. He was running around them and finding his way." Eleven Lakers got into the scoring column as they built a 62-49 halftime lead, without anyone on the team reaching double digits. Young, who shot 6 for 22 over his first three games, made four of his first five field goal attempts -- including a 17-footer that capped a 15-2 run and gave the Lakers a 44-23 lead with 9:19 left in the second quarter. "I think we came out with the right mindset, but they just came out and hit us first," Hawks centre Al Horford said. "Coach (Mike Budenholzer) definitely challenged us in the second half, and we were much better. I think our second unit changed it early in the fourth, making plays and getting the momentum going our way." The Lakers have beaten the Hawks eight straight times at home and have won 21 of the last 24 meetings at Los Angeles dating to Feb. 2, 1990 at the Forum. Last season at Staples Center, the Lakers won 99-98 on a layup by Bryant with 9 seconds remaining after they blew a 16-point second-half lead. NOTES: Sunday was the 38th anniversary of the day the Lakers traded Pat Riley to Phoenix for two draft picks. One of the mainstays of the Lakers first NBA championship team in Los Angeles (1971-72) he went on to win four more rings as Lakers coach, another as coach of Miami, and two more as the Heats team president. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2008. ... Shawne Williams, the Lakers other starting forward, had seven points before fouling out with 5:40 remaining. ... Eight Lakers hit a 3-pointer, the third time in franchise history thats happened and second time this season -- including the season opener against the Clippers. They also did it on Feb. 2, 2013 at Minnesota. Johnny Townsend Jersey . -- Canadas Justin Shin shot an 8-under 64 on Thursday on PGA Wests Nicklaus Tournament Course to take the first-round lead in the Web. Brandon Parker Jersey . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . http://www.shoptheraidersonline.com/Elite-Pj-Hall-Raiders-Jersey/ .m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Colts by 5RECORD VS. SPREAD — Cincinnati 8-8, Indianapolis 11-5SERIES RECORD — Colts lead 18-10LAST MEETING — Colts beat Bengals 27-0, Oct.DENVER -- Brian Dozier played his own version of Home Run Derby against the Colorado Rockies, hitting two into the left-field seats. Next up, the real thing -- in his home park. Dozier had his first career multihomer game to get cranked up for the derby and the Minnesota Twins beat the Rockies 13-5 on Sunday. "A little momentum going into it," the second baseman said of Mondays contest. At 5-foot-11, 190 pounds, Dozier doesnt exactly consider himself a basher of the baseball. But he lined a solo homer in the eighth off Adam Ottavino and added a three-run shot an inning later when Brooks Brown served him a 94-mph fastball. Doziers hoping he can carry that swing over to the contest. His brother is even flying in pitch to him. "Its going to be fun," said Dozier, who has 18 homers this season. However, hes not so sure he will even receive the biggest ovation at the contest even if its at Target Field. He thinks the return of Rockies first baseman Justin Morneau, who came up with the Twins, will draw quite a few roars, too. Morneau also was picked to participate in the derby. "Thats going to be really exciting," Dozier said. Late fill-in Chris Parmelee gave the Twins an early lead as he ignited a five-run first inning with a two-run single. He replaced outfielder Oswaldo Arcia, who was scratched with the flu. The run support turned out to be enough for Phil Hughes (10-5), who picked up his 10th win despite allowing five runs and 10 hits in five innings. It was his first appearance at Coors Field. "Didnt like it very much," Hughes joked of the hitter friendly park. "I didnt have my best stuff or command or anything really going today." Neither did Brett Anderson (0-3). He was rusty in his first outing since April. He allowed six runs -- five earned -- in five innings. The lefty has been sidelined since breaking his left index finger on April 12 while batting. "My stuff was terrible, pretty much," Anderson said. "Ill put this one behind me. I feel good about staying healthy and go to my next one." Minnesota finished a seven-game road swing with a 5-2 record and head into the All-Starr break trailing the AL Central-leading Detroit Tigers by 10 1-2 games. Custom Raiders Jerseys. Dozier thinks the team is in a good spot heading into the second half, especially considering they begin with a 10-game home stand. "We knew coming into this series, or this whole road trip, not really make-or-break, but a huge test what were going to do after the break, whether buy or sell," Dozier said. "I want to try to do everything to contend. "In all of our opinions, we think were good enough." Hughes was able to stave off the Rockies after being staked to an early lead. Colorado trimmed the deficit to 6-5 in Hughes last inning, when Morneau scored on Corey Dickersons groundout. Sam Fuld provided some breathing room in the seventh when he brought home a run with a sacrifice fly. Parmelee then added another run when he ran home on a passed ball. Dozier increased the lead in the eighth with his homer that was just inside the foul pole in left. He then hit another an inning later, giving the Twins a season-high 18 hits. Nolan Arenado and Morneau each had three hits for the Rockies, who head into the break 13 games behind the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL West. "I think its important to get a breather here," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "Its the only time for six, seven months that were able to do that. But when the second half starts we need to play with a sense of urgency. "I was hoping we could get this series going into the break. Didnt happen." NOTES: Dozier has 69 runs this season. The last Twins player to have more than 68 runs at the break was Rod Carew (70) in 1977. ... Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said INF Danny Santana (left knee) should be ready to return soon after the All-Star break. ... Gardenhire will use right-handers Kyle Gibson, Kevin Correia and Hughes in a three-game series against Tampa Bay beginning Friday. ... RHP Jordan Lyles (broken left hand) was transferred to the 60-day disabled list. Weiss said recent X-rays showed Lyles hand "needed a little bit more time." Weiss also said Lyles was involved in a minor car accident Friday night and suffered some facial injuries. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8162 Themen und 8758 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen