Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

tin took the lead with 3:17 left in the half when Cook hit Londell Lee from 11-yards out for a 27-21 advantage.Murray State ral

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 13.07.2018 05:52
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

BOSTON -- David Ortiz stole the show from himself.On the opening night of a three-day celebration of his career, Ortiz hit a game-deciding homer to lead the Red Sox to a 5-3 victory over Toronto on Friday night and overshadow the pregame ceremony to honor him.You expect it, second baseman Dustin Pedroia said. In this game its so tough to do, and he makes it look easy.Ortiz had an RBI single in the first inning, rewarding the rain-soaked crowd that rose to its feet chanting Papi! In his next at-bat, after another standing ovation, Ortiz lined the ball off Marco Estradas leg and the pitcher regrouped for an easy putout at first.In the fifth, with a runner on second, he hit a hard liner that right fielder Jose Bautista was able to chase down before it went over his head.The Red Sox had already scored two in the seventh to tie the game 3-all when Ortiz came up. He lined a 2-1 pitch from Brett Cecil into the right-field stands to make it 5-3.On a night that begins a weekend celebration, I dont know that you can write a script for what David did here tonight offensively, manager John Farrell said. Nights like tonight he almost leaves you speechless. ... (He) turned this place upside down.MOWED DOWNBig Papi was in the field.No, the longtime designated hitter didnt decide to play a few more games of defense before he retires. Instead, groundskeeper David Mellor mowed Ortizs likeness into the center field grass for the three-time World Series champions final regular-season series at Fenway Park.The image showed Ortiz pointing to the sky with both hands, the way he did when he crossed the plate following one of his 540 career homers.Ortiz said before the game that he hadnt seen the tribute but he hoped to visit the top deck at the ballpark to get a better view.STILL CHASINGIn a wide-ranging discussion in the media interview room before the series opener against the Toronto Blue Jays, Ortiz also spoke about trying to play well for the rest of the regular-season and into the playoffs. Entering Friday nights game, the Red Sox were in contention for the top seed in the AL but also in danger of being the third-best division champion, which would force them to open the postseason on the road.The Red Sox won 11 straight games before being swept in New York this week, including a loss on Wednesday night -- the night they clinched the AL East for just the third time since 1995.We play to win, he said.ON DECKThe rain-soaked pregame ceremony was brief, with bigger celebrations to come over the weekend.The Red Sox took the time to acknowledge his charitable work, showing pictures of many of those helped by the David Ortiz Childrens Fund, which provides medical care for kids in New England and the Dominican Republic. Ortiz was presented with a painting by artist Peter Max.The big celebration is planned for Sunday, which barring a rainout would be the final regular-season game for Ortiz. The team is expecting to bring onto the field many of Ortizs teammates from his three World Series championships.The traditional Play ball! was delivered by three teens in Ortiz jerseys, who also shouted it in Spanish.The start of the game was delayed 25 minutes.THERE IT GOES!Asked to pick his best moment in the ballpark, Ortiz smiled.I had a lot of good at-bats here at Fenway. Im not going to lie to you, he said as reporters chuckled. But Ive got to go back to 2004 and the walkoffs.No one needed any more explanation.Ortiz had game-winning, extra-inning hits in back-to-back playoff games against the New York Yankees in the ALCS in 04 as Boston become the first major league team to rally from a 3-0 deficit in a best-of-seven series. The Red Sox went on to win the World Series -- their first in 86 years.They put us back on track, Ortiz said, turning specifically to a walkoff homer off Paul Quantrill in the 12th inning of Game 4. Thats the one at-bat I never forget about. I think about that at-bat like it was yesterday.So do Red Sox fans.NUMEROLOGYIn addition to the lawnmower art, the ballpark was decked out with banners featuring Ortizs silhouette on the left-field light stanchions.One said Thank You; the other had Ortizs No. 34.Its a likely preview of when Ortizs number is retired and hung from the facade in right field.The team also wore commemorative patches on their caps and on their sleeves.WAY BACKEven the notes about other players had an Ortiz theme.On the center field scoreboard, along with each batters photo and statistic, the team usually gives a note about his history -- anything from his favorite band to his latest hitting streak. On Friday, though, they were all along the lines of this one for Mookie Betts: David Ortiz was 16 years old when Betts was born on October 2, 1992.LINING UPIts not hard to see the seeds of the next great Red Sox teams on this years club.Although Ortiz is retiring at the age of 40, Mookie Betts is an MVP candidate and fellow twentysomethings Jackie Bradley Jr. and Xander Bogaerts also figure to anchor the lineup for years to come.Ortiz also said he thinks the ballclub will find someone to take on the leadership role he has filled for most of his time in Boston.Comparing it to the military, he said it might not just be one person, but more like a clubhouse hierarchy that will keep things in order.Youve got the generals, and then youve got different levels that follow. Everything is kind of lined up, he said. What were seeing from all the kids, they walked into the organization and they saw what their elders are trying to do. When I watch batting practice, I see myself.PARTING GIFTSA day after making the final stop of his farewell tour at Yankee Stadium, Ortiz thanked his longtime rivals for their parting gifts. The team gave him a painting, along with a leather-bound book containing letters from members of the organization past and present.Very professional, Ortiz said. I really appreciate that all of the organizations took the time to honor me. .... I didnt expect anything, but everythings so beautiful.FAR, FAR AWAYOrtiz has climbed the leaderboards in several major categories this season, passing Mickey Mantle to move into 17th on the all-time list with 541 homers and moving into a tie for eighth with Ken Griffey Jr. and Rafael Palmeiro on the baseballs career list with 1,192 extra-base hits.But even with three more games to go, Ortiz conceded defeat on one of the franchises more celebrated records: Ted Williams 502-foot homer that is the longest ever hit at Fenway Park.The June 9, 1946, homer is commemorated by a single red seat in the right field bleachers.I have been trying for that for 15 years, and I havent gotten close to it. So I dont think its going to happen, he said with a laugh. I give up. Cheap Titans Jerseys Free Shipping . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. Tennessee Titans Harold Landry Jersey . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. http://www.cheaptitansjerseys.us/ . Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. Cheap Tennessee Titans Jerseys 2018 . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. Titans Jerseys China . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. MURRAY, Ky. -- Troy Cook hit Greg McKillion for a 75-yard touchdown pass with 9:56 left to lift Tennessee-Martin to a 38-31 Ohio Valley Conference victory over Murray State Saturday.The Skyhawks (4-3, 3-1) built a 20-7 lead in the first quarter, but Murray State (1-5, 1-2) came back to take a 21-20 lead midway through the second. UT-Martin took the lead with 3:17 left in the half when Cook hit Londell Lee from 11-yards out for a 27-21 advantage.Murray State rallied behind a 23-yard toouchdown pass from KD Humphries to Jesse Blackburn with 12: 55 left in the game and the Racers took the lead, 31-30 with 10:06 left on a 50-yard field goal by Connor Mitchell.ddddddddddddCook was 21 of 38 passing for 317 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Skyhawks.Humphries was 23 of 44 for 248 yards and three touchdowns, but also threw an interception. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen